We have a one-question survey for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toprak

I doubt they can do that. The google survey was configured anonymously...

It said so in the google forms if you hovered on the "Not shared" logo :

u4yhpi7.jpeg

No google account info sent. Google Forms just proxifies the question responses and sends them the info without your account info.

But I can understand how you missed it. The spot DC is fairly high on this one... Seems many other forumites missed the check as well :)

You can sleep well :)

Cheers

I appreciate the response, thank you.

mn--

It said so in the google forms if you hovered on the "Not shared" logo :

u4yhpi7.jpeg

No google account info sent. Google Forms just proxifies the question responses and sends them the info without your account info.
Doesn't show that kind of notice when it demands that I log in to Google and no option to skip login, but I suppose that might depend on the browser... mine is one of the less-common ones.

Lazuli

Twelve, thirteen years ago, even seven years ago, I was able to recommend the game to more than a hundred people a year (I'm a GM in a role-playing association). There was a time when many of them stayed. But that was before. Now the new ones don't stay.

I have stopped recommending the game. I would like it, I really like this game, I want to see it successful and growing. But do not have sense.

Survey sent.

Lazuli

After seeing the latest Lama preview I won't even play the game myself. I actively discourage others from touching it.
Yes, in the survey I have only emphasized the paywall, the obstacles that new players encounter, and the mountain of grind that awaits them, but the atomic nerfs are certainly not a reason to recommend the game.

BandVP

I would love to see a pie chart showing the results on the number people would recommend with. I know that would never happen. But it would be awesome is SSG expanded on this to find out why we don't give them a 10.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I would love to see a pie chart showing the results on the number people would recommend with. I know that would never happen. But it would be awesome is SSG expanded on this to find out why we don't give them a 10.
Who is this we? I did give a 10. 😁👍

Iirc 9+ is considered a promoter, 7-8 neutral, and <7 detractor.🤔

If I were a detractor I wouldn't play the game any more - just as I don't shop in IKEA because it's more like standing in a prison line than shopping. 😧

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Thanks for putting up this survey. I would like to see more of this level engagement with the player base to be honest.

Wife and I love the game. Much has to do with it being D&D related, although it is getting further from those rules every expansion.
There is also a bit of nostalgia. We both closed beta tested, then public beta testing.

Yes, I would recommend but with a list of caveats, most of which have already been mentioned. I would not talk anyone out of playing but I would not tell them it is the best thing since sliced bread either. I would try to make sure there expectations are inline with the experience.

hit_fido

Waiting for Monster Manual X...
Almost everyone is answering this question based on the faulty logic that if they love or hate the game, a theoretical new player will similarly love or hate it for the same reasons. It's such an easy answer, of course I'd recommend the game to new players, trying it out is free and they'll figure out pretty quick if they enjoy the unique blend of MMO and FPS that DDO offers. They might decide to reject it based just on game play and that's ok. If they like the game play then subscribing for roughly $10 a month is an incredible value for the amount of content they'd have access to, it would probably keep them busy for a couple years. By then they'll either get tired/frustrated and move on or make the game a more or less permanent fixture in their entertainment diet. But telling them it's not even worth trying? Why are you even still here wasting more of your own precious time if you don't think the game warrants a recommendation to try it out?

I'd also tell them they're better off avoiding the forum and to focus on the wiki, haha.

Best case scenario for new players enjoying DDO is playing with one or more friends in a static group. You'll have years worth of content that your static partner/group can play through at whatever pace the group finds agreeable and no need to worry about whether you're "falling behind" or going too slow or too fast. DDO's quest instance system/design is superb for letting different players' characters contribute in different ways over a sufficiently large set of quests.

l_remmie

There is a huge gab between loving the game and wanting to play it with your friends and more people in general, AND the knowledge that the game (not the community) is incredibly UNWELCOMING to new people. The starting hurdles are big, the learning curve is gigantic, the cost is prohibitive without the freecode or when you want anything beyond that. And after that there are many "quit" moments due to lag, bugs, grind and deprecated content.

We CANNOT recommend this game without a long conversation that goes along with it.
The point where you want to be is: "Yea, try it out. It's pretty fun."

Lacci

Almost everyone is answering this question based on the faulty logic that if they love or hate the game, a theoretical new player will similarly love or hate it for the same reasons.
I don´t think that´s faulty logic. I would assume that most people just wouldn´t recommend something to others unless they thought it was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.