A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

droid327

After being driven back so successfully, the Illithid’s are reconsidering their approach. They weren’t expecting your world to be as capable of deterring them. Unless their Elder Brain is defeated though, they are ultimately still a threat.

As long as their new approach does not involve converting every Champ in the game in every difficulty above Normal to a particularly annoying and over-tuned Event Champ...

Synalon

It seems intuitive for the wiz archetype to be Red Wizard of Thay. This would likely give a necro DC past life bonus, getting closer to rounding out the past life DC sets.

The only thing is, we obviously already have necro-focussed wizards. So I'm not sure what exactly it would bring to the table.

I wouldn't complain. I love playing a necro wizard. But for others it might seem a little stale.

G.W.

It seems intuitive for the wiz archetype to be Red Wizard of Thay. This would likely give a necro DC past life bonus, getting closer to rounding out the past life DC sets.

The only thing is, we obviously already have necro-focussed wizards. So I'm not sure what exactly it would bring to the table.

I wouldn't complain. I love playing a necro wizard. But for others it might seem a little stale.
There's already Pale Masters and Necro Archmages, I hope there isn't yet another Necro focused Wizard.
The old Red Wizard prestige class had two main elements: focusing on one school (too similar to Archmage) and ritual teamwork casting (which won't work in an MMO), so there's not much there.

Putti

This one is in progress and I’m hoping to have it early in the year. Getting it to work turned out to be more complex than we thought (delivering the item was easy, but getting the teleporting interface to then respect more than one source of “I got ravenloft access” turned out to need more engineering).
What about things like the hirelings from collector's editions?

Lagin

My guess for the new Archype is a Dragonborn Illusionist or Alchemist
As to a new and improved extreme challenge, I'll vote nty.

I'd like to know what QoL's we can expect to see.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
Am I the only one excited at even the possibility of shadowdancer, magus and fatesinger trees getting improved? how about if they made the gmof tree not so vanilla?? what if DC felt a little bit better, does everyone remember zeal?? how about EA? can we use EA for something other than wings (and I guess heal aura?) one day??

it's pretty common sentiment that adrenaline is by far the best option for melees, but how about instead of just nerfing that, they improve other epic strikes? what if LD had an active ability in it's tree before level 30 that wasn't a broken dire charge??
WHAT IF... the fatesinger mantle wasn't the most awful mantle in the game by far?

let's try to be optimistic here. i know there is a lot of pessimism and "it's always just nerfs" sentiments but realistically there is a lot of room for improvement to epic destinies. it would be nice if they just FELT better. i sincerely hope we get some opportunities here to interact and brainstorm together in a constructive way.

DBZ

Shiradi working for casting again could be a game changer too minor fix all that would take

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
also.. are we going to finally see a Dragoon?? i think i better not get my hopes up as introducing a new weapon type (spears) feels unlikely and the trailblazer is already a q staff based iconic, but man that would be my forever class if done right!

axan22

I'm hoping some thing the size of ravenloft for the adventure area with a mix of forest and city ruins as well as dwarven tunnels under the city. I loved games like curse of the azure bonds and eye of the beholder 3 so you guys got alot to live upto. Also would be great if the other 2 adventure packs tied in like a prequel and addition to the xpack and hopefully not just a redo of older content.

axan22

Really glad no hardcore as just penalizes those who dont want to play it, as its seems the only way to get good mounts cosmetics etc. spend the time on making the base the game the best it can be rather than splitting the population on servers every couple of months.

mikarddo

Am I the only one excited at even the possibility of shadowdancer, magus and fatesinger trees getting improved? how about if they made the gmof tree not so vanilla?? what if DC felt a little bit better, does everyone remember zeal?? how about EA? can we use EA for something other than wings (and I guess heal aura?) one day??

Fatesinger is an amazing ED if you are a (caster) bard. The 4th core is amazing and several other abilities are great.

EA is pretty decent. 10% more spell points, threat redux, heal aura and mass cure are all good not to mention wings.

I use Shadowdancer on my casters. 10% spell cooldown, immunity to negative energy, good reflex, evasion and threat redux. 17 points spent.

Dielzen

I mean I wouldn't mind a buff to Fatesinger, but for caster bards that tree is amazing, and it has some utility for melee bards as well, so not sure how it's underperfoming....the strike isn't that great after you hit 23-26 range, but it's decent when you first hit epic levels.