A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

Kheledon

Red Dragon Disciple, which is kind of a weird one as it's got largely bonuses you'd want for a melee but requires bard or sorc levels.
As an aside, don't really look to 5e stuff for where archetype ideas are coming from, they're mostly derived from 3.5 prestige classes.
That's as it should be. DDO is Dungeons & Dragons 3.5. I still play 3.5 irl. It's the best that's come out yet.

Kheledon

I’m still catching up on the thread but as best I can tell no one has guessed the first one (I’m still reading though so someone could have guessed deeper in the thread). You won’t have to wait too long though, it’ll be on Lamannia soon.

After being driven back so successfully, the Illithid’s are reconsidering their approach. They weren’t expecting your world to be as capable of deterring them. Unless their Elder Brain is defeated though, they are ultimately still a threat.
Good plan. All the portals in Sarlona were closed before my guildies and I could get to them.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I have a suggestion for a new forum related anniversary item. Probably should be gloves. Should have something like evasion, disable device, and spot. Probably should have a dev's name attached to it. 👹

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. ~ Obi Wan Kenobi

“Knowing where the trap is—that's the first step in evading it.”
― Frank Herbert,

John3000

"By popular demand, our next major Expansion in the summer will take place in a fan favorite D&D location: Myth Drannor! It is among the more infamous places in the Forgotten Realms and we’re very excited to bring it to life! The level cap will increase to 34,"

Myth Drannor is great news !!! Many thanks :)

However level cap increase to 34...... well, if it's done like the past level cap increases : fighting hormone injected heroic mobs, kobolds, bats, rats, skeletons, ... will suck very badly.

But if you're planing on rolling out real legendary mobs such as demi gods, titans, tarrasque, ancient dragons, nightwalkers, ... with world/realm saving adventures then why not.

cheers

Brasidas

That last item for Q1 is coming due.

"VIP Update".

After it has been delayed for so long already, only a week or so to go before it's implemented!

Yay!!!!!!!

Definitely going to happen! Only 9 days at most.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
That last item for Q1 is coming due.

"VIP Update".

After it has been delayed for so long already, only a week or so to go before it's implemented!

Yay!!!!!!!

Definitely going to happen! Only 9 days at most.
They already said it wouldn't make it for Q1 after all.... but "soon".

But after three years, what's another month or two between friends. It's not like it's supposed to be Very Important, anyway.

Brasidas

I'm hoping that the VIP update isn't just that we lose our bonus weekly gold roll when daily gold rolls are provided to everyone as part of year of the dragon next week!

T.O.

I'm hoping that the VIP update isn't just that we lose our bonus weekly gold roll when daily gold rolls are provided to everyone as part of year of the dragon next week!
It's only provided to vip's. So there won't be a extra weekly gold roll.

Jasparius

You know this will happen. Frequency is changing from 52 to 365 and will turn back to 52 when its over.