A Message to Our Players From SSG

SSGBranding

Administrator
Another update for everyone. The game worlds are still open, but the store will need an extended maintenance window due to an issue when applying the additional VIP time to accounts. The store is now expected to be down until 4:00 PM Eastern. We will be making another attempt shortly and will let everyone know as soon as we can.

The Narc

Another update for everyone. The game worlds are still open, but the store will need an extended maintenance window due to an issue when applying the additional VIP time to accounts. The store is now expected to be down until 4:00 PM Eastern. We will be making another attempt shortly and will let everyone know as soon as we can.
Yes because by extended will you also be pushing our 500 monthly ddo points back two days?? Everyone keep am eye out in your history tracker to make sure these dont get bugged out somehow.

Abax11

Also, a Potion/Elixirs would be character specific, while these bonuses will benefit any/all characters that are played during the time.

you are right about that but still you can't play with 2 or more characters at the same time in most situations so it won't change that much in 2 days unless they expand the time.
I'm still beleaving doing this way still allow players to invest in pots which is something i'm not against actually, just watned to point that i think that if they stack maybe was the reason they don't give a pot.

Kimbere

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek(server down), turn to them the other cheek also(apology gift).
Great philosophy!

At this point, DDO players be like:
wiGcoT5.png

Reifee - Orien

I honestly would have been happy with a 6 hr 30% or 50% pot or something.

This is ok, but A but more duration would be better.

Thanks for at least acknowledging and helping us back out.

gringofoot

I do not think much of this compensation.

A reasonable gesture would have been a BtA or BtC Otto's Box with a limited window of availability. Wouldn't cost you any revenue to make them. The people like me who purchase them regularly, will continue to do so. The folks who never purchase them, may do so in the future.

Either way, the compensation you came up with is like $.66 worth of VIP credit...and I don't know when it would ever be applied because the only time a VIP stops their subscription is when they leave the game anyway.

I've used XP pots and that's fun & all but hardly equals lost play time from this outage.

The overall feeling of this 'gesture' does not leave me feeling great. Any compensation you give out, won't cost you any real money - so why offer something that could be purchased with $1.50 and a pack of smokes?

gringofoot

These requests for an Otto's Box are over the top.

Just gimme a Seeker Tap of Spellsight and we can call it even. :p
Do I want an Otto's box? No. I have 4.
Do I need an Otto's box? No. I have 4.
The issue for me is - is the current low cost / low value compensation offer an insult? Yes. It is.
That's what I'm saying. The customer service optics are paltry and disappointing, and unlike the outage - completely within their control.

Buddha5440

We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players:

(We recognize the significance of this outage, especially over a holiday weekend, and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience it caused. To show our appreciation for your patience and support, we're announcing the following to our players: )

I saw very little patience and support

(We deeply appreciate your understanding and continued support. Thank you for being a part of our community and we’ll see you in game!)

And hardly any understanding

(To further show our gratitude, we are offering the following from April 5th through April 7th:
  • +25% Heroic and Epic XP Boost.
  • +25% Guild Renown.
  • +10 Treasure Hunter Boost.)
We were overpaid
Agreed... NO patience or support.

NO understanding.

Heck, look at the LotRO forums... Numerous pages and very little complaining about the downtime. Yes, they got more of a give-away than we did but they also bring in a LOT more money than DDO. Most of the posts on there were 'Thanks for working hard to get it back up', not 'Give me more free stuff'. That is were the people calling out the entitlement mindset are coming from. Your Opinion May Vary (That's why they are like A@@holes and elbows, everyone has them and no-one wants to hear about them).

Buddha5440

Do I want an Otto's box? No. I have 4.
Do I need an Otto's box? No. I have 4.
The issue for me is - is the current low cost / low value compensation offer an insult? Yes. It is.
That's what I'm saying. The customer service optics are paltry and disappointing, and unlike the outage - completely within their control.
So you just said the outage was not under their control (in different words)...WHY should there be ANY compensation other than adding 2 days to VIP memberships?

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Indyanna

So you just said the outage was not under their control (in different words)...WHY should there be ANY compensation other than adding 2 days to VIP memberships?
If your power goes out for an extended period, you get compensated for the food in your fridge that goes off...

Why should we not be compensated for an outage on a game that as VIP's we pay for and give a consistent income stream to keep their lights on?

ETA: When we are never going to see that 2 days unless we UNsub

Guntango

Agreed... NO patience or support.

NO understanding.

Heck, look at the LotRO forums... Numerous pages and very little complaining about the downtime. Yes, they got more of a give-away than we did but they also bring in a LOT more money than DDO. Most of the posts on there were 'Thanks for working hard to get it back up', not 'Give me more free stuff'. That is were the people calling out the entitlement mindset are coming from. Your Opinion May Vary (That's why they are like A@@holes and elbows, everyone has them and no-one wants to hear about them).
Would OG Buddha approve of the aggressive use of WORDS IN ALL BOLD CAPS?