DDO Character Planner

ShinuzukaRakam

Is there a way to update this to the latest version, or do you have to delete it and download the latest, which means losing everything I built?
Just unzip the new version into the same folder as the old version, and all of your stuff will transfer over.

CBDunk

I've been holding off updating for a while since I have several character designs 'in play' on Hardcore right now. However, from some of the comments here it sounds like there is pretty good backwards compatibility. Will 'old version' character save files work in the 'new version'?

Postscript: Oh, this IS the 'old version' (i.e. DDO Planner 1) rather than the new design (i.e. DDO Planner 2) that is still in development. So, to answer my own question, yes character files generally transfer between updates just fine. Nice to know there are still updates being made to this while the new design is built out.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I've been holding off updating for a while since I have several character designs 'in play' on Hardcore right now. However, from some of the comments here it sounds like there is pretty good backwards compatibility. Will 'old version' character save files work in the 'new version'?

Postscript: Oh, this IS the 'old version' (i.e. DDO Planner 1) rather than the new design (i.e. DDO Planner 2) that is still in development. So, to answer my own question, yes character files generally transfer between updates just fine. Nice to know there are still updates being made to this while the new design is built out.
V1 will continue to be supported until V2 is working properly.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.187 Now Available

This release brings us some bug fixes and changes to support U60/61

Fix: Fatesinger "Blade of Discord" and "Arrow of Discord" now correctly have "Stun" not "Evocation" in their DC calculations (Reported by christhemiss)
Fix: The Bard "Suggestion" feat auto granted at level 6 DC entry now has the correct description and DC calculation (Reported by christhemiss)
Fix: IoD: Weapon: Scale augments that apply DR bypass effects will now stack correctly (Reported by Huntxrd and extra info from GillianGroks)
Fix: The "Draconic Incarnation: Conduit" ability should now correctly double any "Implement" bonus (from any source) while wielding a Quarterstaff - appears in Universal Spell Power breakdown (Reported by christhemiss)
Fix: "Swashbuckler: Resonant Arms" now has the correct icon and description
New: Two new offensive breakdowns added
---Rune Arm Recharge Rate
---Rune Arm Stable Charge
---Effects added at required places

U60 Lamannia 2
---Machrotechnic tree updated to Lamannia 2 preview
---The Machrotechnic Epic Destiny "Claim" button will no longer ASSERT in debug due to no image
---Machrotechnic SpellDCs are now correctly mutually exclusive with all other Epic Destiny SpellDCs of set schools

U61
---All "Capstone Enhancements" have been made mutually exclusive
---Universal Inherent Action Point tome can now stack to 2

Link in signature

Mr Blue

March 2006
I noticed that the Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky is missing a colorless augment slot in the builder but it has one in game and on the wiki

DDO Builder:
image.png

In game:
image.png

Wiki
image.png
I noticed that this still doesn't have a colorless augment slot in the builder (1.0.0.187). In the game it has both a green AND a colorless slot. Any idea if this can be fixed?

Spook

I noticed that this still doesn't have a colorless augment slot in the builder (1.0.0.187). In the game it has both a green AND a colorless slot. Any idea if this can be fixed?
It was fixed in Build 1.0.0.186

Fix: Item "Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky" now has its Colorless augment slot (Reported by Mr Blue)

I can confirm my copy is fixed - it probably isnt fixed if loading a save file unless you unselect and reselect the item

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
It was fixed in Build 1.0.0.186

Fix: Item "Legendary Signet Ring of the Sky" now has its Colorless augment slot (Reported by Mr Blue)

I can confirm my copy is fixed - it probably isnt fixed if loading a save file unless you unselect and reselect the item
Its should automatically upgrade on file load to the latest version. So it should have the Colorless slot automatically

Dude

I'm probably missing something basic, but how do you get enhancement trees to show? I can see the universal trees, but I don't see normal class enhancement trees. There's nothing in the drop down and only the universal trees show below the race tree.

Mr Blue

March 2006
Another thing of note, when I take runarm use out of the new epic destiny, save and then reload, it drops the runearm when loading. It even deletes it from the item set so I have to remake it each time I load the file

Mr Blue

March 2006
I'm probably missing something basic, but how do you get enhancement trees to show? I can see the universal trees, but I don't see normal class enhancement trees. There's nothing in the drop down and only the universal trees show below the race tree.
They should be part of the drop down once you choose your race and classes. You have to click on the universal ones that you own.
image.png

Dude

They should be part of the drop down once you choose your race and classes. You have to click on the universal ones that you own.
image.png
Should is the key word. I have already selected human and rogue, but there is nothing in the drop down.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Another thing of note, when I take runarm use out of the new epic destiny, save and then reload, it drops the runearm when loading. It even deletes it from the item set so I have to remake it each time I load the file
I will look into this error. The verification of the gear is being done before the effects of destinies etc are being applied so it thinks you don't have the "Artificer Rune Arm Use" feat on load.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I will look into this error. The verification of the gear is being done before the effects of destinies etc are being applied so it thinks you don't have the "Artificer Rune Arm Use" feat on load.
So I have tried reproducing the Rune Arm being un-equipped on file load and did not see it happen. Can you provide a file that has this problem to me?

xaktakorf

An interesting quirk of the Sacred Fist is that they can select a second Deity in addition to the autogranted "Follower of the Path of Light". This deity feat choice would go into the pool of normal feat choices until one is taken. Unless I am missing somthing, this choice is not implemented in the Builder at this time.
To be clear, unlike other "Follower of..." feat selections, this does not have its own feat slot, so you have to use a normal feat slot for it.

Quote from the wiki page on Sacred Fist
  • Possibility to select a second Deity (along with auto-granted Follower of the Path of Light) when at least 1 Sacred Fist level is taken (can be taken at the character creation screen if you start as Sacred Fist). This is because Sacred Fist is also seen as a Paladin for the purposes of feats and enhancements. The selection for the second Deity depends on the character's race as usual.