Downtime Notice: Friday, August 18th 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Sorry @Cordovan Care to explain why levei 200 guilds were penalized with a 400,000 exp loss and downgraded to 199?

Just curious it is a bug or some New upgrade/buff guild related is coming
It's a feature!

Vault-Boy-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Don’t expect a timely answer. Their corporate culture seemingly revolves around a complete and utter lack of professionalism.

Besides, it’s the weekend. They’ll come up with something no later than next Tuesday.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are aware of the reports but so far we have not found a cause, nor do we have an easy solution. We're looking at the possibility of doing a Guild XP boost to help people who encountered it.

We are aware of the reports but so far we have not found a cause, nor do we have an easy solution. We're looking at the possibility of doing a Guild XP boost to help people who encountered it.
The problem with giving out guild boosts is that once you get back to 200, the very next day you’re back to 199, and missing over 400k again. So it’s pointless doing that without adding about 500k buffer xp to guild level 200.

Kimbere

The catch is, some people are working on leveling non-200 guilds. They'd purchased and used 200% guild renown pots with DDO points/$$ and the timers on those bonuses are long gone. How do you balance that out?

Barrandill

A few years ago the game was down for about a week, so I wouldn't say 'very extended' yet ;)
That's not the best one, in the dawn of history someone forgot to renew the DDO.com Domain name and someone else re-registered it (this is before Standing Stone), the Gods only know how much it cost them to buy it back.

Kimbere

@Cordovan so... what's the word on this? It's been over three weeks and we've not heard a peep.

Kimbere

They did a 100% guild renown last weekend to help cover the loss of the guild renown that was reacquired by people within a day.
Where did they say the renown bonus was for that because I checked the staff tracker and don't see it?

Kyrr

Where did they say the renown bonus was for that because I checked the staff tracker and don't see it?
They made no mention that it was directly towards it. However, Cordovan did specifically state that he would work on trying to fix the issue, and the bonus came up on the weekend to help replace the lost guild renown.

Kimbere

This post
That was posted before they did it and was very unspecific. Note the words "looking at the possibility" and they did not post anything afterwards to confirm that's what the bonus was for in official channels.

Granted, at this point I shouldn't be suprised that their communication levels are lacking. That's on me for having unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

Kyrr

That was posted before they did it and was very unspecific. Note the words "looking at the possibility" and they did not post anything afterwards to confirm that's what the bonus was for in official channels.

Granted, at this point I shouldn't be suprised that their communication levels are lacking. That's on me for having unrealistic expectations.
Just out of curiosity, you see a post relating to "we're looking at possibility of guild renown XP weekend" and ask for a confirmation that it was tied to the bonus given out the previous weekend? Most guild renown weekend boosts are 25 or 50 percent. 100 was extremely and overly generous and makes sense it tied to his comment.

Kimbere

Just out of curiosity, you see a post relating to "we're looking at possibility of guild renown XP weekend" and ask for a confirmation that it was tied to the bonus given out the previous weekend? Most guild renown weekend boosts are 25 or 50 percent. 100 was extremely and overly generous and makes sense it tied to his comment.
How hard would it be for them to add "As compensation for the guild renown bug two weeks ago..." to the beginning of the weekend bonus?

Clarity is a good thing in communications.

Buddha5440

O.K. you lost your 'we're a lv 200 guild flag...Big deal. You didn't lose any benefits from guild amenities unless you dropped below 150. Get over it.

If you lost items: you'd have a valid complaint.

I’m just going to point out that to my knowledge, other than Cordo’s initial post acknowledging the issue, SSG has been completely silent about its status or what they’re doing to address it.

Kimbere is merely openly saying here what pretty much everyone else I know has kept to their private discord servers.

SSG yet again drops the ball, but in this case, it’s like they don’t even bother trying to pick it up.

So. Much. Fail.