Downtime Notice: Friday, August 18th 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Kimbere

So uhmm... what level is your guild? It's relatively moot if it's over 150 right? :confused:
It's not moot if the guild's goal is to hit 200. We've been running the saga train trying to get to 200 since transferring to Orien during the great Ghallanda exodus. Doesn't really matter what perks are included to be honest.

We were sub-150 3 weeks ago. Large guild size so no bonus to renown there. Losing almost 500k renown was a noticeable hit, especially since some of us were burning 200% pots for it.

Last edited:

Goldy

The Top Side
It's not moot if the guild's goal is to hit 200. We've been running the saga train trying to get to 200 since transferring to Orien during the great Ghallanda exodus. Doesn't really matter what perks are included to be honest.

We were sub-150 3 weeks ago. Large guild size so no bonus to renown there. Losing almost 500k renown was noticeable, especially since some of us were burning 200% pots for it.
Maybe I missed something here.

My understanding is that the Guild Renown loss was limited to Guilds at level 200. Are you saying that guilds that were less than level 200 also had a guild renown loss?

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm

We were sub-150 3 weeks ago. Large guild size so no bonus to renown there. Losing almost 500k renown was noticeable, especially since some of us were burning 200% pots for it.
I would be pretty upset if my guild were to lose almost 500K, but this especially makes sense to me if you're floating in that 150 area. Sometimes people climb mountains just because they're there. Not my thing, but I think I understand you point on hitting 200. :)

Kimbere

Maybe I missed something here.

My understanding is that the Guild Renown loss was limited to Guilds at level 200. Are you saying that guilds that were less than level 200 also had a guild renown loss?
Correct.

It was far easier to notice on level 200 guilds because any loss like that drops them to 199 because were capped.

Only reason we noticed it was because we'd been keeping a close eye on the renown as we closed in on 150. Lost half a level of renown basically.

Kimbere

I’m just going to point out that to my knowledge, other than Cordo’s initial post acknowledging the issue, SSG has been completely silent about its status or what they’re doing to address it.

Kimbere is merely openly saying here what pretty much everyone else I know has kept to their private discord servers.

SSG yet again drops the ball, but in this case, it’s like they don’t even bother trying to pick it up.

So. Much. Fail.
More worrying than the lack of confirmation that the weekend bonus was *compensation* for the bug is that they've not said a word about locating the root cause and, more importantly, fixed it so it doesn't happen again.

CBDunk

It apparently hit EVERY level 200 guild.
It definitely did not hit MOST guilds that were less than level 200.
One or two guilds that were less than level 150 have said they were impacted.

The amount of renown involved remains something one player can potentially take care of (e.g. run Cogs saga twice) with the free potion that was given.

It apparently hit EVERY level 200 guild.
It definitely did not hit MOST guilds that were less than level 200.
One or two guilds that were less than level 150 have said they were impacted.

The amount of renown involved remains something one player can potentially take care of (e.g. run Cogs saga twice) with the free potion that was given.
I know of several sub-200 guilds that were hit by this foolishness.

Again, SSG screwed up something, but instead of doing the right thing and keeping the player base informed of their progress, they’ve decided to do the exact opposite.

That’s a complete and utter lack of professionalism that nobody should be comfortable with.

Buddha5440

You know what happens when you assume? Never said we were a level 200 guild. It's almost like you don't realize there are likely more non-200 guilds than there are in DDO.

Maybe you should try getting over yourself? Better yet, try sticking to things you do know when trying to make an argument.
If you weren't a lv 200 guild then my post DIDN'T apply to you (also, I didn't quote you. I was simply reacting to the track the thread was taking), so don't attack me and, maybe "...you should try getting over yourself?".

If you lost anything, amenities and such, it sucks and you should complain. If you just lost 'we're this guild lv (ie. the only thing you get after lv 150)...get over it and move on.

Happy gaming all... and remember... IT'S JUST A FREAKIN GAME. :)

Last edited:

Kimbere

so don't attack me and, maybe "...you should try getting over yourself?".
If you just lost 'we're this guild lv (ie. the only thing you get after lv 150)...get over it and move on.
The irony and hyprocrisy is apparenlty lost on you.

Generalizing the "get over it" doesn't make it less abrasive. That just means you're "attacking" more than one person.

You should practice what you preach.

Buddha5440

The irony and hyprocrisy is apparenlty lost on you.

Generalizing the "get over it" doesn't make it less abrasive. That just means you're "attacking" more than one person.

You should practice what you preach.
You quoted me before I quoted you. I was not attacking you. You attacked me by quoting me. I was simply commenting on the thread.

I seriously don't see what you are upset about. I stated that...if you lost something, other than a plus 150 guild announcement... you have a reason to complain.

If you lost NOTHING, beyond renown... It sucks but it does in no way affect your game.

If it does...keep track of what you Guild Renown should be and just make sure all members are aware of it.

Kimbere

You quoted me before I quoted you. I was not attacking you. You attacked me by quoting me. I was simply commenting on the thread.

I seriously don't see what you are upset about. I stated that...if you lost something, other than a plus 150 guild announcement... you have a reason to complain.

If you lost NOTHING, beyond renown... It sucks but it does in no way affect your game.

If it does...keep track of what you Guild Renown should be and just make sure all members are aware of it.
You're the one that defined telling someone to "get over it" as an attack, not me.

I just pointed out that you used that phrase before (and after) I did and directed it at anyone who had a level 200 guild. Thus, if telling someone to get over it is an attack, you attacked multiple people in your post.

That aside, if people who had level 200 guilds are upset that they lost 400-500k of renown and had to work to get it back, seems to me that's their right to be unhappy about it and not really your place to tell them to "get over it".

Last edited:

Kathwynn

O.K. you lost your 'we're a lv 200 guild flag...Big deal. You didn't lose any benefits from guild amenities unless you dropped below 150. Get over it.

If you lost items: you'd have a valid complaint.
With all respect, but that loss also represents a lot of game hours and time. No matter what level your guild was before this. And maintaining that level 200 is an ongoing process. So, yeah, it is a big deal.