Downtime Notice: Wednesday, November 1st 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

Reaper has diff L1-10 and it has Reapers. Reapers = Bad. Don't think they'd change the 1 - 10 scale for the event...

But I'm sure there'll be plenty of R1 groups.

(wondering if it's true that Elite is easier than R1 - because of the, well, Reapers)
elite is in fact easier, its just the majority of vocal players run reaper exclusively so they don't actually know that its easier and they assume reaper is easier (at least when this topic is brought up)

Brasidas

elite is in fact easier, its just the majority of vocal players run reaper exclusively so they don't actually know that its easier and they assume reaper is easier (at least when this topic is brought up)
Does the Elite/Reaper1 balance change if one has a certain number of reaper enhancements?

vryxnr

Reaper has diff L1-10 and it has Reapers. Reapers = Bad. Don't think they'd change the 1 - 10 scale for the event...

But I'm sure there'll be plenty of R1 groups.

(wondering if it's true that Elite is easier than R1 - because of the, well, Reapers)

It's ... complicated.

For most, elite is easier.

Once you have apprx 36+ reaper points, you can mitigate the DPS penalties of r1 (the reaper tree bonus to melee power and damage equals the reaper penalty to damage at this point if they are all put into the melee dps tree. Same for spell power, though spellcasters only need 6 points to overcome the increases to enemy saves on r1). Reaper does also have reapers, but reaper also have enemies randomly drop Lost Souls (which give you spell points back).

So for casters, r1 can get easier sooner, but in the end it depends on how many reaper points you have and where you put them. apprx 36 reaper points for damage output to equalize if they're all put in your DPS tree. I didn't maths out when your defensive bonuses equal out the increased enemy damage though... so yeah, r1 can eventually become easier than elite if you have a lot of reaper points, but for most, elite IS easier than r1 (reaper is elite with modifiers attached after all).

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I was told I need 1000 HP for Reaper to counteract the reaper-stuff..

*but that probably comes into play @ R4ish? Ugh.. I hate Reaper, Illithids, I know.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
It's ... complicated.

[...]

So for casters, r1 can get easier sooner, but in the end it depends on how many reaper points you have and where you put them. apprx 36 reaper points for damage output to equalize if they're all put in your DPS tree. I didn't maths out when your defensive bonuses equal out the increased enemy damage though... so yeah, r1 can eventually become easier than elite if you have a lot of reaper points, but for most, elite IS easier than r1 (reaper is elite with modifiers attached after all).
Casters are the unibombers (in the best sense) of DDO.

ACJ97F

We're just waiting for something like this:

[The DDO game worlds will be unavailable starting Wednesday from 9:00 AM EST (-4 GMT) to address everything on the known broken or
bugged list. Estimated downtime will be 47 Days 6 Hours 52 Minutes. Since this requires every computer we have to be overclocked to deal
with that much, we'll be rerouting Niagra Falls to cool the server room. As a result, vacation packages in Canada may experience random lag.

As compensation for the endless random "tweaks" leading to this patch, all players will receive a once-per-account Token, that may be given
to an NPC in an upcoming quest, for a rainbow-colored (7%) XP potion! The cost of the expansion with the quest to be announced later.]

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
You jest because you know it has happened (although not to that extent) before . . . :ROFLMAO:

Zarkarion

Rather than assuming that the reaper restriction excludes you from the event, shop around for easier quests (i.e. most things older than ravenloft) and run them on R1 when your character is 4 levels above the base level of the quest.

For example, most of the gianthold quests (with exception of Crucible, Madstone and Gianthold Tor) are really easy compared with modern quests at the same level. The same is true of many other older adventure packs.

Brasidas

Rather than assuming that the reaper restriction excludes you from the event, shop around for easier quests (i.e. most things older than ravenloft) and run them on R1 when your character is 4 levels above the base level of the quest.
It's not the difficulty that excludes me - low reaper is not terribly hard, even solo. Don't fall for the assumption that all of us who don't like reaper, don't like it because it's hard.

In my case, don't like reaper because I find reapers, reapers everywhere very boring. "Luckily" I can choose not to do something I find boring and miss out on this event.

Volarr

I do not care for reaper setting and its implementation but I think it is fine this event is reaper setting only. It raises the stakes and is anway for unlocking extreme challenge dungeons. It is for a limited time so non-reaper players can do reaper quests below their level and participate still.
(( It is for a limited time so non-reaper players can do reaper quests below their level and participate still.))
These Reaper quests are level 34 so NO they are over your level no matter what level you are.

Volarr

I wonder how many decisions get made via alternate communication sources. I'm bummed that this requires Reaper dungeons.
I play every day and find it frustrating that I got to find out about this event one day before it was implemented. You are very right they need to be supplying the information here first before releasing it all over alternate communication sources. Which many players here don't use.

Volarr

Is it a per character unlock?
Cordovan, does unlocking these one time reaper guests unlock the dungeons for all the account for (chars that can't do them now). or just the high end character that runs the reaper quests.
Cordovans reply ((Once unlocked, the quests are available for anyone to run, noting it is a level 34 dungeon.))

Reactions: dur

CBDunk

I play every day and find it frustrating that I got to find out about this event one day before it was implemented. You are very right they need to be supplying the information here first before releasing it all over alternate communication sources. Which many players here don't use.

It was announced here a week ago.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
yeah, as a fellow player that just looks at the login 'screen' most days, I can sympathize. *'specially now that I have no reason to login every day

* and doubly 'specially 'cause weekly updates are a thing now.

Rakehell

It certainly would have been much better received if the event was playable on all difficulty levels, so that those who don't play reaper could feel more a part of it.

But I will reserve judgement until after I see if for a few days and play with my reaper group..