Dragon's Hoard locations

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I didn't really read every post here, but has anyone considered that they hid MORE than 7 dragon hoard pieces? I would assume maybe they hid 7 in heroics and 7 more in epics just in case someone got level screwed or didn't have an expansion. Just my two cents.
Only 4 pieces are currently found so no one knows how many there will be; only time will tell.

The expansion "pay wall" is so small for what we get, I can't believe anyone still complains. Yeah there are a number of expansions that a new player is going to want to get. Maybe this helps push them in that direction. How many people play DDO total? How many buy the most expensive expansions? Add up the $$$ and I bet it barely scratches the salaries for the Devs. My guess is HC helps bring in extra $$$ for DDO and I'm glad they add these events.

DDO expansion are a steal of a deal for what we get and for how many have been released in recent years.

My only complaint is the DUNGEONCRAWL code should be permanent. Or give each VIP account gift codes to be mailed in game to help a new FTP out and collect the DUNGEONCRAWL upgrade.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Getting word of one in wizking optional
Just saw this posted on Death Smile's discord for wizking by lookana.
VI4Sk1b.png

Liy

The original theory people had was that a piece could be found every 3 levels but with wiz king having one, that theory is out so I don't know

HigherAngel

So far we have

1. Sacrifices (lvl 1) Arcane Skelly optional

2. Immortality Lessons (lvl 6) Unicorn optional

3. The Pit (lvl 7) Muck Doom optional

4. The Chamber of Raiyum aka Wiz King (lvl 12) Chest room

5. Mired in Kobolds (lvl 13) Optional end dragon

and they are showing up in optionals so far and if we follow the pattern of every 6 lvls , then possibly

6. **Thinking lvl 18 quest optional

7. **Thinking lvl 19 quest optional

Tremes

If you go by how they are placed I would think maybe a lvl 2 quest might hold one. You aklready have a lvl 6 and 7 , and a 12 and 13. Have all the lvl 2 quest been done?
Just my 2 cents worth anyhow.

Aelonwy

None of us can know what portion of VIP own any particular expansion. I know players that didn't purchase Feywild because silly, whimsical wasn't their cup of tea. I would of liked it even more whimsical myself but I respect they can choose to purchase or not purchase whatever they choose on their own criteria. I know players that refused to purchase Saltmarsh because they found the idea of a mini-expansion required VIP purchase offensive. I own both.

I never said they had to keep it to F2P content, just that requiring an expansion going beyond regular VIP expenditure could potentially annoy VIPs.

While encouraging everyone to purchase every expansion is obviously SSGs goal its likely not the goal of every player VIP or not. By requiring an expansion in particular to succeed on this goal (assuming there are not actually more than 7) it would seem they are pushing a purchase in particular. A purchase that even someone VIP would have to make if they had this goal on hardcore.

I think had they kept it to content to which ALL VIP have access it would be a /shrug go VIP then. But to say "oh well, purchase the expansion then if you want to fully participate" is a bit cheeky to say to VIP in particular.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you go by how they are placed I would think maybe a lvl 2 quest might hold one. You aklready have a lvl 6 and 7 , and a 12 and 13. Have all the lvl 2 quest been done?
Just my 2 cents worth anyhow.
I've done all base 1's and all base 2's, almost done with base 3's. While it's possible I've missed something, I've scoured every corner of each map along the way.

Ahpuch

I am very happy that it is part of the hunt. I don't want people to be left out, but... only using the F2P content is very constraining. Why do we have to limit where we search because some people have not spent any money on the game? I'm happy they are potentially using the whole game. Especially when everything in the game can be bought with points.
This. If they limited themselves to F2P quests it would significantly reduce the locations that would need to be searched and be counter productive.

Is anyone that is upset actually a non-owner of Feywild or are people just protesting for a principle projected on those without it? How many people are that keen on the cosmetic but haven't already bought feywild for the character power it provides? I don't see it being an issue and for an otherwise free event it seems reasonable. Considering some games make all their money selling rare cosmetics this just doesn't seem like a significant decision to me.

gorocz

Thankfully, we have a solid community that is willing to help out those that need assistance during the HC seasons, to obtain rewards. This is no different. Cheap guest passes exist and with free doo points from favor. I am willing to bet most players can afford the access for free simply by achieving the favor rewards.

This scavenger hunt is great, amd a nice change of pace from the other seasons. You all just need the next thing to complain about.

Ddo players are addicted to 2 things, this game and complaining.
Fun fact - there is no guest pass for Feywild, so that's not an option.

Edit: Seeing as now we know there is more than 7, Feywild not being accessible ceases to be a problem for the 7 piece reward.

Last edited:

Delsoboss

That makes it eight pieces found so there are probably many more (no clue what level was reached by the player vanguards)

Nebless

Do we have the second piece to verify that ? I say that because we've had Someone, Misadventure, as actual character names in past seasons.

I've seen the alert pop up 3 times now and each time it justs says "Someone". So either it's the same character or they're not naming names, which is probably more likely.