Dragon's Hoard locations

Owlbear

The Hardcore server has never had a "must be accessible to completely free players to achieve a reward tier" requirement, and this season doesn't either.
That doesn't change the fact it's pretty lame to hide some of the hoard chests behind an Expansion paywall... It was a deliberate choice to do the scavenger hunt part this way and go against a big F2P/VIP only player base. I just don't think it's a smart choice (if the Feywild chest is needed to complete it) when you have so many other quests that everyone can access. Please remember you still have a group of players who can not use the website store to buy Expansion because of al the recent changes.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
This replaced the 5k favor reward, which one can't get by doing only the f2p quests. I don't know why people expected it to be f2p only this time around. Then again, I've had people accuse me of photoshopping the chest locations, so people will complain about anything.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Personally, I highly doubt that there are only seven Hoard locations; after all, the quest isn't "find all 7 pieces of the Dragon's Hoard."

I would also like to submit the Disrupt the Ritual chest in Servants of the Overlord as a possible location.

gorocz

The Hardcore server has never had a "must be accessible to completely free players to achieve a reward tier" requirement, and this season doesn't either.
That is true, but the rewards have always been accessible at least to VIP. If this season requires you to have Feywild to get all rewards, then that is a step forward in the monetization of Hardcore (and I say that as someone who does own all content).

gorocz

Personally, I highly doubt that there are only seven Hoard locations; after all, the quest isn't "find all 7 pieces of the Dragon's Hoard."

I would also like to submit the Disrupt the Ritual chest in Servants of the Overlord as a possible location.
The hoard piece examine says This is a stolen piece of the Dragon's Hoard - find them all to unlock your reward!" and the reward kobold did say something along the lines of 7 pieces giving you the reward.

Last edited:

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
This replaced the 5k favor reward, which one can't get by doing only the f2p quests. I don't know why people expected it to be f2p only this time around. Then again, I've had people accuse me of photoshopping the chest locations, so people will complain about anything.
I doubted it would be f2p only quests to me it was a matter of what content could hold it and at the time only 3 were known (all f2p) but people in Open were speculating 1 7 13 19 25 31. but that would leave 1 missing. hence why I figured it wouldn't be the case if thats the only levels. But there is only 1 other community that rivals DDO's when it comes to agitating information that would be Runescape (only cause they have a yearly scavanger hunt) and Those of us that Play pen and paper are season veterans of this type of stuff so lets HUNT THEM DOWN!!! THE TREASURE WILL BE OURS!!!

Spook

Yes but this season you have chosen to withhold the requirements from the players so they cant make an informed decision about participating.

Had you limited the drops to ones given away with the DUNGEONCRAWL code not even the most jaded among us could fault you for that but pieces dropping in an expansion quest shows extremely poor judgement.

Crell_1

Can you tell us the hints we'd get from the NPC given the ones the server has announced as unlocked if the NPC were enabled?

Thats a mechanic we know exists, and we don't have access to the NPC.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Can you tell us the hints we'd get from the NPC given the ones the server has announced as unlocked if the NPC were enabled?

Thats a mechanic we know exists, and we don't have access to the NPC.
From what we saw before the Kobold was removed, he only gave hints to already discovered chests after the world event proc'd. So we wouldn't have hints to anywhere other then the chests that have been posted here so far.

Crell_1

From what we saw before the Kobold was removed, he only gave hints to already discovered chests after the world event proc'd. So we wouldn't have hints to anywhere other then the chests that have been posted here so far.
Kobolds aren't smart, and we can also use past clues to help inform our 'kinds of things they'd suggest looking for in other places'. --Also, it means I can share them with people who aren't using a 'already solved this puzzle' list.

Aelonwy

I own Feywild, and I don't think this was well thought through on SSG's part. Its just another misstep in alienating your VIPs.

Bunker

The HC server has never been a F2P server. The max favor competition/leader board, to be at the top, always required owning, or at least getting a visitor pass for the non F2P content. This includes expansions.

I think ssg has done us plenty of favor by adding the dungeoncrawl code (twice now) and also making some of the older expansions 99 points.

Thankfully, we have a solid community that is willing to help out those that need assistance during the HC seasons, to obtain rewards. This is no different. Cheap guest passes exist and with free doo points from favor. I am willing to bet most players can afford the access for free simply by achieving the favor rewards.

This scavenger hunt is great, amd a nice change of pace from the other seasons. You all just need the next thing to complain about.

Ddo players are addicted to 2 things, this game and complaining.

Thundia

I didn't really read every post here, but has anyone considered that they hid MORE than 7 dragon hoard pieces? I would assume maybe they hid 7 in heroics and 7 more in epics just in case someone got level screwed or didn't have an expansion. Just my two cents.

I own Feywild, and I don't think this was well thought through on SSG's part. Its just another misstep in alienating your VIPs.
Are there VIPs who don't own Feywild? Between the occasional sales for real money, and the monthly points that come with VIP, it seems like one way or another just about every VIP already has Feywild. We still don't know if you need all of the locations to get everything, but even if you do... whatever reward is tied to the dragon's hoard was not advertised. Everything that was advertised you can get with a free account. The rest they issued warnings that more information would come out over time...

I am very happy that it is part of the hunt. I don't want people to be left out, but... only using the F2P content is very constraining. Why do we have to limit where we search because some people have not spent any money on the game? I'm happy they are potentially using the whole game. Especially when everything in the game can be bought with points. I respect your view, but I really don't see this as a miss step - and my family at least is even more excited to play with all the content potentially in play for the scavenger hunt. (and both of us may end up getting our way if there are extra dragon hoard treasures out there)