Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

saekee

long live ROGUE
I know folks are lamenting that it is reaper only. I wonder if it is a numerical kill count of the spawns we need to reach, or just the spawns in specific quests.
The good news is: you can bypass the event by not running in reaper difficulty.

If you are someone that never plays reaper and feel left out…well, I do not think it is asking too much to up your game for a week. Run a few quests OVER level if need be to participate; things do not need to be min max aml the time.

Reaper is easier in epics for a lot of folks too due to the buffs from EDs so that could be an option too.

Brasidas

If you are someone that never plays reaper and feel left out…well, I do not think it is asking too much to up your game for a week. Run a few quests OVER level if need be to participate; things do not need to be min max aml the time.

Reaper is easier in epics for a lot of folks too due to the buffs from EDs so that could be an option too.
It's not a matter of "upping one's game" - it's a matter of not liking the implementation of reapers, where these weird floaty monsters appear in EVERY quest/dungeon. It is boring and, for me, not interesting. And yes I have run quite a few quests on reaper, finding low reaper easy as one might expect, before coming the this conclusion

But my dislike of this implementation excludes me from an event that's supposed to be a fun event for everyone.

CBDunk

But my dislike of this implementation excludes me from an event that's supposed to be a fun event for everyone.

To each their own. Though, I'm wondering if the 'weird floaty monsters' might be getting replaced by mind flayers for the duration of the "Illithid Invasion".

I'm more concerned about newer and solo players who may just find reaper dungeons difficult to complete.

saekee

long live ROGUE
It's not a matter of "upping one's game" - it's a matter of not liking the implementation of reapers, where these weird floaty monsters appear in EVERY quest/dungeon. It is boring and, for me, not interesting. And yes I have run quite a few quests on reaper, finding low reaper easy as one might expect, before coming the this conclusion

I agree with you—I detest reaper (for stealth playstyle it has been a killer) and only recently decided to build up some points—but it is only one week of having to run it.

I agree with you—I detest reaper (for stealth playstyle it has been a killer) and only recently decided to build up some points—but it is only one week of having to run it.
Since the event is supposed to be for everyone to participate in, does that make me a nobody/inconsequential player since I do not play reaper?

I do not have to run anything on any difficulty

I also detest reaper, For me it sucks all the fun out of playing the game.

I have enough challenges in life, don't need more piled on via a game.

badmofo

the servers going to take a big ...............when the event hits lol..we just wiped on the first boss in hunt on hard lol we all were lag frozen and died lol hows the server going to hold up with more goings on ..taking bets

ShotCaller

Okay, open the door...

Fear!! Carnage!! Doom!!

Let's check around the corner...

Carnage!! Vengeance!! Plague!!

I need to pike for a few. Pizza guy is here.

Famine!! Despair!! Vengeance!!

It can be a patience tester, for sure. And SSG limiting the Illithid event to reaper levels is not a good idea at all.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
wow, people serious this event is going to be reaper only?

I mean...
okay-but-why.gif

comfy

the comfortable
Why do I get the feeling that “Oh wow Reaper only? Guess I’m not participating!!!” people the same people that would post “Oh wow I’m having [X] challenge appear in my dungeons that I run on normal? Please keep these mechanics to Reaper only so us normal players can still enjoy the game. Guess I’m not playing this week!!!” 🤔
I’m personally hyped for this event. Actually parked my main at cap this week in anticipation. Can’t wait to see what happens, and thanks in advance to SSG for engaging with the community by having this event!

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
Any choice SSG made will be wrong one to someone.
As much as I agree that any SSG choice will meet someone complaining... limiting th event for Reaper only is kind of a sneaky move to push people to play reaper, even those that openly says they don't play Reaper.

So the event is "for everyone" by forcing those non-reaper players to participate against their will, FOMOing people. Not a cool move...

P.S. My main char is parked at Lv. 32 to participate when freetime opens here.

PraetorPlato

I hope the extreme challenge dungeons they unlock can only be run on r10.
Have you tried them on Lam? They're hard (getting completions on r10 was *hard* and only managed 3/4 for a party that would zerg existing r10 quests pretty trivially)

Very fun quests though, and good job adding challenge throughout new mechanics regardless of difficulty.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Hmmm... I just started doing reaper stuff... I'm not ready to 💩 on this yet, as we really have yet to see anything. My hope is that it is not just reaper. :confused:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Also I do not have a toon at that level anyways.
Unless SSG is giving the wrong impression; it'll be any level in the game with reaper difficulty available. Completing the event unlocks the new quests which are at cap, but the event itself isn't tied into doing those quests.

The event is wider in scope so players across most level ranges can participate at least in some part of it.