Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

dur

aka Cybersquirt
the banner they released in the email blast said that we must scour reaper difficulty dungeons to stop the invasion. SO it looks like some kind of reaper champ spawn and may be a simple kill the numbers thing instead of a figure out the puzzle
Hmm... I wonder how the Boss spawn will be timed.. the Devils, I wandered in and jumped on a pillar (at a safe distance) as my main got killed and I was only .. well, I just hope Teh Invasion can somehow be timed to max people/server.. if that's even possible.

*it's unlocked, yeah, but... how long does it take a 1 minute auction take to expire?

Last edited:

Oliphant

Like the idea of an event. Event ending on a server once the puzzle sprinters get it done seems odd.

Justfungus

This strikes me as something they should have done for HCL FIRST, then when all the game-stopping bugs
were uncovered and dealt with they could decide if it was ready for the rest of the servers.
But that is just my opinion.
I do wish you luck.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
This strikes me as something they should have done for HCL FIRST, then when all the game-stopping bugs
were uncovered and dealt with they could decide if it was ready for the rest of the servers.
But that is just my opinion.
I do wish you luck.
Who says they haven't? They could be re using say the mechanics from season 6. Instead of spawning in Fey hounds they spawn in Illithids.

Ying

5000+ hours played
It's likely similar in nature (mechanically) to how you "unlock" a nebula fragment to craft with. Go click on a shrine in eight different reaper quests, for example.

Stoner66

It's good to be the King!
Maybe Illithid will start appearing in quests like the hardcore hounds.
Plus added Illithid style champs.
my guess is something like what happened when they blew up the Marketplace while people were playing. No idea it was going to happen, then it did and there were monsters everywhere. I am thinking we will suddenly see hundreds of airships appear overhead and Illithids will appear attacking players. I figure once we kill xxx amount of them OR something will drop that we have to turn in (like the previous version of the Cove event) that will open the 4 new challenges for the server.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Cordovan noted that this would be far easier than previous secrets to unlock. While we all love a good secret/mystery... I think this one is likely to be more heavily weighted towards the funsies than the hard core detective skills.

I'm looking forward to EXPERIENCING the event in-game- so to each their own but imma check out of the contribution threads on this one. Some vintages are better savored.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
my guess is something like what happened when they blew up the Marketplace while people were playing. No idea it was going to happen, then it did and there were monsters everywhere. I am thinking we will suddenly see hundreds of airships appear overhead and Illithids will appear attacking players. I figure once we kill xxx amount of them OR something will drop that we have to turn in (like the previous version of teh Cove enent) that will open the 4 new challenges for the server.
While I started playing in 2009, I have no memory of this event. Indeed, if it only lasted a handful of days it would have been easy to miss. Was the marketplace turned into something akin to a public wilderness area? Monsters randomly zoned in and needed to be killed?

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Hope you've got your Byeshk beaters at the ready folks... 🤔

I remember once beating on the boss in Thralls of the Fungus Lord for a solid 10 minutes because I'd left that particular golf club at home! 😂👍

DarkSkysz

My only concern about this event is if it really is 100% server sided...
I mean, if some random discover a secret cutscene, animation or whatever, then no on else will be able to see it, because its already added to server milestone...

Drunken.dx

the banner they released in the email blast said that we must scour reaper difficulty dungeons to stop the invasion. SO it looks like some kind of reaper champ spawn and may be a simple kill the numbers thing instead of a figure out the puzzle
So another reaper only part.

BOOOOOOOO!

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Good news is, i got my half day off work tomorrow so I plan to be live twitch.tv/arcanaverse for the event's start! (though... hoping we'll get a start time soon).

Additionally, if you haven't seen yet, we'll be scouring Reaper difficulty for invaders. (main post updated)

Last edited:

Brasidas

"Illithid Invasion is a limited-time event in which you'll scour Reaper difficulty dungeons throughout the game to locate these powerful invaders!"

No I won't.

I've never liked the implementation of the same floaty monsters in every bloody dungeon. Reaper is OK for those who wanted extreme challenge, (and gaining enough power to make said "extreme challenge" less challenging) but it seems they get the fun stuff too! By all means make these dungeons difficult, but why do I have to deal with reapers in every bloody dungeon?

Aren't these event about everyone joining in?

I give it a hearty "meh".

Teth

While I started playing in 2009, I have no memory of this event. Indeed, if it only lasted a handful of days it would have been easy to miss. Was the marketplace turned into something akin to a public wilderness area? Monsters randomly zoned in and needed to be killed?
There were actually an equivalent of two live events back then. One was running raids and completing to add to your servers total. The server that had the most raid completions at the end got to venture into the Subt a day earlier than other servers [thelanis ofc won :)] . The other event was the devils taking over the market tent, this resulted in live portals spawning around the market and spawning mobs to attack the players. It all culminated in the devils removing the marketplace tent and shroud lieutenants spawning all over the market with Devil Assault opening briefly.

Rathy

Booo! Reaper Only!

Now I have to tell my little group that our Wed Night is not going to be playing in an event we have been speculating about.....sigh.
I shouldn't have said anything to them at all. Next time I won't make that mistake!

I guess I watch this event like watching Elminster beating up the Boss for me! Ha ha!

Congrats all those that play! Have fun and post a tale or two so the nobodies know what happened!

Seppi Pearlsmith

Booo! Reaper Only!

Now I have to tell my little group that our Wed Night is not going to be playing in an event we have been speculating about.....sigh.
I shouldn't have said anything to them at all. Next time I won't make that mistake!

I guess I watch this event like watching Elminster beating up the Boss for me! Ha ha!

Congrats all those that play! Have fun and post a tale or two so the nobodies know what happened!
It will be additional spawns on reaper, nothing really special. Unfortunately. Will try it but I don't think I am going to spend much time looking for the "secrets" which I guess will be some sort of tokens. Well, at least I can TR without losing out much.