Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Kulothar

When I pull more than one room full of mobs before AOE nuking them down, the server hamster has a stroke, but somehow gangs of mindflayers are going to jump us in the market zone?
I thought they fixed this a couple years ago with an update that installed a backup hamster to handle short term excess load. Maybe the original died and we are just on backup now.

Putti

What strikes me is that the event will last until it's solved, but it's also scheduled to be a week long.

Does this mean even if one server manages to figure it out really quickly then it'll still last for at minimum a week to give everyone a chance to participate?
Does it mean that if a server struggles to get it done then it auto-completes after one week?

If it's purely secret finding then it would be difficult to schedule a certain duration (unless clues unlock over time), so I can only imagine it's because there's a certain amount of grind to be done, though unless it's proportionate to the servers population this would take wildly different amounts of time depending on the server.
It could also be a mix of the two.

If it is about secret finding then I hope it doesn't get solved so fast that people won't have a chance to participate.

If it is secret finding then I hope each server has a different secret, so that it doesn't just get shared and then instantly completed on other servers.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I thought they fixed this a couple years ago with an update that installed a backup hamster to handle short term excess load. Maybe the original died and we are just on backup now.
They stopped using hamsters a few years back... the whole hamster flatulence, global warming issue. They switched to potato power and sometimes they forget to change out potatoes.

An intrepid player recently got a picture of SSGs mobile backup battery:
install.jpg

Onyxia2016

I hope we don't have to find Cebruvass in the Ravenloft wilderness. That running to into Mists get annoying. The last time I actively search for him it took over a dozen attempts. Also did the run for the Blue Water Inn to a spawn point and recall/reset and do it again. Seemed to take just as long.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I only have a couple higher level toons, so I'm glad to hear the my lower level schlubs might be able to do something. :giggle:

Mary

A massive fleet of BG3 Nautiloids showing up over Eberron would be nice; my hope too is that there is some special loot during this event that we can earn outside of these 4 new dungeons and the fortune deck. It would be nice if Fred, being on of the only friendly mindflayers we know, could port us to a special vendor in the Underdark where we could get cosmetics and pets and special foods/drinks from this event - since its a one-off. I was around for the devil invasion and at the time I asked for a concert tee that read 'I survive the devil invasion' but Turbine ignored me ;/

Mary

oh have we confirmed this event is tied to legendary chrono in any way? Sort of a reverse devil invasion - illithids destroy the market so we rebuild it with a new tent. Seems about right.

my hope is that everyone who participates in the event achieves partial ceremorphosis and gains psionic powers. I would really really really like to illithid fly in DDO.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
My gut tells me this is the herald of Legendary Chrono as the Devils were to the rebuild of the Marketplace (and Harbor?)

*wait, since when can Illithids fly?

Rathy

I was around for the devil invasion and at the time I asked for a concert tee that read 'I survive the devil invasion' but Turbine ignored me ;/

Ha ha! I want a tee-shirt! Or some one-time cosmetic like a hat or somesuch!

Edit: It is Reaper Only so no tee-shirt for me!

Last edited:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
oh have we confirmed this event is tied to legendary chrono in any way? Sort of a reverse devil invasion - illithids destroy the market so we rebuild it with a new tent. Seems about right.

my hope is that everyone who participates in the event achieves partial ceremorphosis and gains psionic powers. I would really really really like to illithid fly in DDO.
I mean, that tallies! The Devil invasion took place over the update before the Heroic Chronoscope came out.

We've seen some of the Legendary Chronoscope on NohBob's stream - the opening fight seems to be the same, but that doesn't mean Illithids couldn't suddenly jump in halfway through.

saekee

long live ROGUE
the banner they released in the email blast said that we must scour reaper difficulty dungeons to stop the invasion. SO it looks like some kind of reaper champ spawn and may be a simple kill the numbers thing instead of a figure out the puzzle