Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

Rathy

Wow! Really? This sounds very cool. Even with the lag monsters lurking about!

I am off to spread rumors within my group! Have fun everyone!

Edit: Never mind. Event is Reaper Only. Boooo!

Last edited:

Striga

my guess:
- new champ yielding a new ingredient (illithid droppings)
- turn in droppings until you reach server-wide objective (aka map pieces to open cove)

maybe few new bosses are placed in a handful of places, defeating those drops a big pile of droppings

Onyxia2016

my guess:
- turn in droppings until you reach server-wide objective (aka map pieces to open cove)

maybe few new bosses are placed in a handful of places, defeating those drops a big pile of droppings

Seems like the most straight forward way to allow for all players, regardless of level, to contribute.

Reactions: dur

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
my guess:

Without going too much into lama stuff there was a new champ called Psionic Thralls, that replaced all champs in the new quests.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Without going too much into lama stuff there was a new champ called Psionic Thralls, that replaced all champs in the new quests.
Indeed? That'll be our way in, I'd wager, although the way the announcement is worded suggests it's not the only thing we'll have to do to open some of the quests.

From the sound of things, if there is a new area, we'll probably get some help from NPCs on that front.

HoopleHead

When I pull more than one room full of mobs before AOE nuking them down, the server hamster has a stroke, but somehow gangs of mindflayers are going to jump us in the market zone?
reminds me of when the Undead Dragon popped up in 12 and everything just stopped for a half hour+.. the game turned into an oil painting

Buckshank

my guess:

What's an illithid dropping? A bad idea?

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Event Starts Wednesday! Said from Cordovan with a vision of the red sky over Sharn.

Leading NPC for the event will be in the clifftop tower district of sharn.

dunklezhan

According to Cordo on the live stream on friday this is all just for end game characters - on the off chance I wasn't listening properly can anyone confirm this, before I try to move heaven and earth to get my monday static group interested in an extra day or two's play this week only to have them disappointed and annoyed with me?

CBDunk

According to Cordo on the live stream on friday this is all just for end game characters - on the off chance I wasn't listening properly can anyone confirm this

I watched the info / Q&A part of the stream, up until he started playing Night Revels, and did not hear anything like that. Are you perhaps thinking of the fact that the four 'extreme challenge' dungeons that are UNLOCKED by the event are level 34?

Look for yourself

Owlbear

According to Cordo on the live stream on friday this is all just for end game characters - on the off chance I wasn't listening properly can anyone confirm this, before I try to move heaven and earth to get my monday static group interested in an extra day or two's play this week only to have them disappointed and annoyed with me?
Not sure about the event but the new quests are base level 34 and Legendary only. "Extreme Challenge dungeons"