Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

h46av8r

Logged in - had the VIP notification - went to Violet Peregrine to claim the bonus shared space - verified at the banker working. All good. But after logging out, then logging back in later, had the VIP notification again - went to Violet Peregrine to claim the bonus shared space again - but verified only had +5 spaces at the banker. So of course I logged out, back in, and yep - have the notification again. This time verified with banker first that I had the +5 slots still - I did. Ran to Violet who claims to have given me the bonus space again but still only have +5 slots. So appears to be a notification issue (only) Anyone else?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Deeply disappointed that once again you removed the few disadvantages that spontaneous casters have.

That cooldown between swaps is a matter of balance between classes, not a mere qol. VIP should not receive mechanical advantages, and above all, some classes should not be favored over others.
Having dealt with multiple new/returning/casual players over the years who made more than 1 bad spell choice and then realized they were locked into those choices for the next 3 days (and they didn't have a surplus of blood laying around), I think it's a great thing SSG did here as a VIP perk. So it's hard to say what's right, my love of this choice or your dislike of it; both have valid reasons behind it.

Lingal

Logged in - had the VIP notification - went to Violet Peregrine to claim the bonus shared space - verified at the banker working. All good. But after logging out, then logging back in later, had the VIP notification again - went to Violet Peregrine to claim the bonus shared space again - but verified only had +5 spaces at the banker. So of course I logged out, back in, and yep - have the notification again. This time verified with banker first that I had the +5 slots still - I did. Ran to Violet who claims to have given me the bonus space again but still only have +5 slots. So appears to be a notification issue (only) Anyone else?
Yes. I took exactly the same steps to confirm (to my own satisfaction) that it is just a notification issue.

Lazuli

Having dealt with multiple new/returning/casual players over the years who made more than 1 bad spell choice and then realized they were locked into those choices for the next 3 days (and they didn't have a surplus of blood laying around), I think it's a great thing SSG did here as a VIP perk. So it's hard to say what's right, my love of this choice or your dislike of it; both have valid reasons behind it.
A bad excuse. You can make a bad choice very rarely. That is no excuse to put zero timer on swaps. It's giving a much larger spellbook than they have to classes that are supposed to have limited spellbooks.

Yes, you are going to find any excuse to justify this because you love having this power. But it shouldn't be a feature. It should have a limit.

Lazuli

I don't swap my spells, haven't even touched a blood in years; so no I don't love having this power. I see it as a QoL thing for people that made mistakes.
For an error is being able to make a change every 3 days. It could be that a VIP could change 2 spells instead of one. But without limit? That's giving an unlimited spellbook to classes with limited spellbooks. It's a mistake.

Vox

Why does the VIP reward pending icon not provide any instructions on where to go?

Why is the VIP reward NPC not a map marker?

Why does the new VIP loyalty window "more about VIP" button open a 401 error window in the store? (or just open specials if you are already VIP)

Are SSG devs the biggest trolls the game has?

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
If I dont grab my VIP reward in a month, can I grab 2 rewards in the fillowing month?
So rewards will be queued or will I lose a VIP month if I dont grab a reward???

How does it work in this case?

Last edited:

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Clicking the icon should simply open a window where you collect the rewards. Having to travel to HoH and find the npc is silly. Being a VIP is about convinience - but this socalled VIP program is anything but.
If they can't (or won't) make it auto-grant, this is the least they should do.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If I dont grab my VIP reward in a month, can I grab 2 rewards in the fillowing month?
So rewards will be queued or will I lose a VIP month if I dont grab a reward???

How does it work in this case?
From what was previously said, you'd be a month behind (where you could've been).

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
From what was previously said, you'd be a month behind (where you could've been).
So when I pay for 12 month VIP and I cant grab a reward for whatever reason will I lose the reward of last month after my sub expires?

PersonMan

So when I pay for 12 month VIP and I cant grab a reward for whatever reason will I lose the reward of last month after my sub expires?
Yes, unless you resub.
Your progress will be as far along as calendar months where you were VIP and claimed your bonus while VIP, so if you missed month(s) you will not get those bonuses (unless you resub and claim them one per month)

Lacci

They should just do a "Loyalty Cache", so when you don´t pick up your reward in time, it will automatically go in there for you to pick up later.
The mechanics for that are already in the game (reincarnation cache, overflow bag) so it shouldn´t be that hard to code.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
They should just do a "Loyalty Cache", so when you don´t pick up your reward in time, it will automatically go in there for you to pick up later.
The mechanics for that are already in the game (reincarnation cache, overflow bag) so it shouldn´t be that hard to code.
If SSG doesnt like that the players do exploits ingame why they think it is ok that they can exploit VIPs????

Owlbear

- You need to be VIP to be able to claim your monthly rewards.
- You don't miss out on any rewards because the reward you don't claim will always become the reward for the next month you do claim. You only get first 11 out of 12 rewards if you forget to claim one and your VIP expires after 12 months.
- You lose the benefits of your claimed rewards when VIP expires until you sub again (you only keep the trail, mount and DDO points)