Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

rs125racer

I see that the 500 DDO points don't get distributed untilt the "end of the 1st month" so is it the same for the storage? I went in and claimed the Greater Elixir of Discovery but the storage wasn't granted. Or do I not get the storage becasue I'm alredy VIP?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I see that the 500 DDO points don't get distributed untilt the "end of the 1st month" so is it the same for the storage? I went in and claimed the Greater Elixir of Discovery but the storage wasn't granted. Or do I not get the storage becasue I'm alredy VIP?
VIP change doesn't start for a week; today was just the new month of the year of the dragon stuff.
This new benefit arrives on May 1st, 2024!

Dude

What storage do you mean?

The new VIP program doesn't start until May.

seph1roth5

Pretty sure only the first time bonus is delivered immediately when you vip after the system goes into effect. It sounds like EVERY other bonus you get at the end of the month you think you get it in.

Ahpuch

From Cordovan's livestream today, the Sentient XP Gem will be 6k sent XP.
That is actually respectable. Equal to about 18 named items at cap. Of course I still don't have a single weapon fully capped on Sentient XP so I may appreciate it more than many. I would rather have toolkits added but that is unlikely before next year if ever.

Guntango

Considering both of my capped melee toons each have 4 full sentience weapons, and my tank and caster have 2 each, it's garbage. /shrug

Reactions: dur

Br4d

Considering both of my capped melee toons each have 4 full sentience weapons, and my tank and caster have 2 each, it's garbage. /shrug

This is part of the problem. People who play a lot/spend a lot have very different expectations of various rewards.

I don't see an answer to that problem. SSG has defined DDO in a way that some people are 10x ahead of the game while most are in the early to middle stages of catching up to the game.

This is why most game companies do not allow endless progression and constant expansion of character abilities.

It's a completely different experience playing a game where a new x-pac relevels the field.

You could cut two-thirds of the power creep and systems out of DDO and most players who then found the game would love it much more than what we have now.

Nobody likes to feel permanently left behind.

Guntango

You'd have to make a lucid argument for why a 10k sentient xp stone like in tensers couldn't be offered. Why specifically 6k?

Br4d

Indeed. They should introduce reaper xp pots for this. Among other things

It's more than that. It takes most people who have a normal schedule years upon years of catch up just to get halfway to where the Methuselahs and 8/7 players are.

No game should have that kind of reach. It's morally bankrupt to create a product in which some people can lap the crowd a dozen times with no reset ever occurring.

I mean if you enjoy the game and want to play it non-stop for years that's great. You just shouldn't get any particular advantage over time from doing that. Enjoyment of play is a very different beast than wanting power that the average person can never reach.

I remember when WoW brought out the PvP gear based on the battlegrounds and honor gain. Half the people in my guild, decked out in raid gear that at the time took many months to flesh out were outraged. In one fell swoop their permanent advantage over the people who played less and were unable to raid continuously disappeared.

17 years later WoW still has millions of players playing the game.

I wonder why...

PraetorPlato

It's more than that. It takes most people who have a normal schedule years upon years of catch up just to get halfway to where the Methuselahs and 8/7 players are.

No game should have that kind of reach. It's morally bankrupt to create a product in which some people can lap the crowd a dozen times with no reset ever occurring.
to be entirely fair, most people don't try to catch up in power, and run the lives treadmill to no avail instead. Lives are the slowest way to gain power but the first one a lot of people go to.

Br4d

to be entirely fair, most people don't try to catch up in power, and run the lives treadmill to no avail instead. Lives are the slowest way to gain power but the first one a lot of people go to.

It takes years of playing 10-15 hours a week to make a real dent in all the backlogged power.

One of the reasons that I go back and forth between my main and the low-power alts is I feel like a sucker putting time into a venture (gaining most of the power in the game) that I will never complete. Every time a new system is added to the ongoing backlog I realize the bait and switch that is going on and I am just glad that I'm not one of the people trapped in the grind.

PraetorPlato

It takes years of playing 10-15 hours a week to make a real dent in all the backlogged power.
Only if you run the lives treadmill, which is incredibly unnecessary in most cases. Catching up on lives is by far the least efficient way to catch up on power. There are very few things that can't be done on a first lifer.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
True. But I feel like a lot of people don't even effectively use the power they're capable of on their current character life. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/lava-divers-presents-first-life-raid-push-challenge.10267 So far we've done r5 pn (with 11 people all on 1st lifers with no-raid gear, no reaper points, only a single +2 & +5 stat tome) & R2 5-man shortman; other raids/quests coming soon to the challenge.

So I guess it comes down to: Does one want the past lives to feel complete? Or is it because they believe they need all the power to function? And that's a more complex issue when people think they need it to function. I'd suggest anyone who thinks they need all (or most) past lives/RXP/etc. to function, check out the challenge and join up for it; all welcome to give it go, but not all guaranteed to enjoy that type of gameplay as fun is subjective.