Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Guntango

Maybe they will stack it every year and it will eventually become 100% to those that are truly loyal VIP’s. Just a maybe but who knows.
So, the bonus is so diminutive that the only way it could possibly make sense is if we fantasize that it will stack over the next 10 years to finally be as powerful as muckbane.

It’d be nice if we didn’t have to rely on delusions to find meh value.

Rathy

Hahahaha, no I did not read the posts above mine!

Summary: I see no reason to keep my VIP going after my static group earns the ability to open Elite for themselves. Three items (spell swapping, shared bank storage, and crafting token chance) are minor yays! from me but that is it.
BTW I strongly suggest you never give away the ability to open Elite for free!

Some specific feedback if anyone is still reading this thread.

I guess the bank storage is nice but only five?

Spell swapping for anyone anywhere is interesting. Sadly it will effect our permedeath play 'cause my Soc characters will be able to swap spells like a wizard and my non-vip friends will not be able to do that. But that is just my little group.

The 10% chance of selecting the collectable is nice. I do craft some so this has interest to me.

The cloud mount I might use. Once. For Role-playing. Same with the lighting trial effect. But mostly these cosmetic will annoy me as I try to find a vendor or banker or quest giver buried under endless pets and mounts.

500 points seems....pointless as I have so many since I have nothing to spend them on.

10% less item wear feels like a car sales person selling me the benefits of buying a "rust protection coating."

Free character slot is fine I guess but a VIP already gets a bunch.

From the bags: The various potions and such add bonuses that I do not even notice so they have no reward value to me at all. We have piles of dust and stones and such for the magical folks. Guild chests overflowing with ebberon shards for rest shrines, other tradein clickies, etc.
We don't raid ('cause lack of time and know anyone who does raid) so any raid related stuff is not good for me. The hearts might save me a bit of time but my friends will still have to earn theirs so I will earn mine as needed....so they are nice I guess. But the bags seem filled with junk.

So yeah, these additions will not keep me VIP status once we hit 3rd life. Maybe I sign up again for HC10? Maybe. Might be fun to do HC as a non-VIP as a challenge!

tsotate

Is there many unbound named items that don't...bind on equip? Maybe planar gird and...? Either way, the list has to be stupid small lol.
I suppose there's someone with a Royal Guard Mask that they share between characters who might care. Or they might have cared if non-equipped items still took damage, which they don't.

Gamers will subscribe if they are playing. Whether its psychological or another reason, the two are inevitably linked
This is obviously false. There have been non-VIP Premium players in this game for years. I play pretty much every day, but unsubbed a bit over a year ago when they first floated this insultingly-bad plan.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

How about VIP removes loot bindings...

3 months VIP=non raid BTC becomes BTA.

6 months=raid BTC becomes BTA

9 months=non raid BTA becomes unbound.

12 months=raid BTA becomes unbound.

If you unsubscribe you start again.

That would make me subscribe and stay VIP. The current offer won't.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
I guess I don't understand why they don't just make VIP a bunch of quality of life stuff like teleport to quest
Both variants would be a fair bit of work. Assuming they are possible at all.

Teleporting to a location (in front of quest) would need work to build those markers and getting the teleportation system (NPC or Item) going by linking them up, doable, but you would need to spend time to build and add in the locations of each quest entrance by hand. And the benefits are questionable as not all quests are out in explorers but in hubs already. But then, if you don't do them all, is it really QOL? Also, teleporting to an entrance to a quest overlaps onto players just buying Bracelet of Friends and summoning them that way by players who get there first or showing newer players the location. A thing with all stuff like this, is if there's an overlap, there's an even less chance of it being made.

The other method, enter any quest, likely won't be doable because of how DDO is set up; you can port to a pre-set location, but as a quest is an instance of an area that's pre-made. But you can't make a teleporter to reach the inside of a quest as it doesn't exist yet. So your alternative option is to build something that lets you reach any quest from anywhere instead (a mobile portal that can select any quest to enter). But if you build something like that, you need to link every quest in existence in DDO, keep that updated for all future quests. And the UI for that quest selection is going to include everything available, so that's a lot of work to get done, and in the end, it might not beat a player who uses a Bracelet to bring the rest of the party over, or players just running over to the quest instead. It's basically the Tea Party quest in Ravenloft; why teleport out to it (by selecting it from every quest available that you'll need to scroll through), when it's just around the corner? But we go back to; if it's not included, is it really QOL?

J1NG

PraetorPlato

Both variants would be a fair bit of work. Assuming they are possible at all.

Teleporting to a location (in front of quest) would need work to build those markers and getting the teleportation system (NPC or Item) going by linking them up, doable, but you would need to spend time to build and add in the locations of each quest entrance by hand. And the benefits are questionable as not all quests are out in explorers but in hubs already. But then, if you don't do them all, is it really QOL? Also, teleporting to an entrance to a quest overlaps onto players just buying Bracelet of Friends and summoning them that way by players who get there first or showing newer players the location. A thing with all stuff like this, is if there's an overlap, there's an even less chance of it being made.

The other method, enter any quest, likely won't be doable because of how DDO is set up; you can port to a pre-set location, but as a quest is an instance of an area that's pre-made. But you can't make a teleporter to reach the inside of a quest as it doesn't exist yet. So your alternative option is to build something that lets you reach any quest from anywhere instead (a mobile portal that can select any quest to enter). But if you build something like that, you need to link every quest in existence in DDO, keep that updated for all future quests. And the UI for that quest selection is going to include everything available, so that's a lot of work to get done, and in the end, it might not beat a player who uses a Bracelet to bring the rest of the party over, or players just running over to the quest instead. It's basically the Tea Party quest in Ravenloft; why teleport out to it (by selecting it from every quest available that you'll need to scroll through), when it's just around the corner? But we go back to; if it's not included, is it really QOL?

J1NG
I think the simplest version would be free bracelet of friends a few times a day.

Warsaga

They are counting on this to die out by itself. And apathy might indeed set in...
You can go to a lot of their profiles and see that they've been around lurking. They are actively choosing not to engage. Staff engagement was like triple before the holiday downtown followed immediately by this trash. Ever since both of those happened, its been radio silence. Cord posts the mandatory things for his job and the rest are in hiding. Not one of them wants to make a single post, even unrelated because they know players are going to immediately jump in and let their discontent be known.

Sad thing is, this hands-off approach might actually work.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

TBH what is and isn't said on here is largely irrelevant. The key metric is how many folks are enticed by this sufficiently to go VIP and/or stick with it.

Personally I won't be, but the only person I represent is me. I don't represent the forums and they don't represent the wider game.

Whilst I very much doubt this is of sufficiently significant value to achieve what they apparently want it to, it may well be that, like Jon Snow, I know nothing.🙄

All I can say for sure is, in it's current state, it won't trap me. 😁👍

Jasparius

Rather than reading through all the pages, is anyone going to go from Premium to VIP for the 12 months to get all these bonuses?
I would assume far more are going to drop VIP because they had been waiting to see what the changes were going to be, and are not interested in staying.