Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

mordek

Apathy wont be what sets in. Cancelling VIP memberships is what sets in. I think mine runs out early May so I get the 500 extra points then that will be it for me.
I gave up my VIP last month and have no intentions of renewing. Especially after this terrible "reward" of 1, 10% loot pot since I already own all the content. All SSG does is keep slapping its paying customers in the face and expecting them to return month after month for more insults..

seph1roth5

I gave up my VIP last month and have no intentions of renewing. Especially after this terrible "reward" of 1, 10% loot pot since I already own all the content. All SSG does is keep slapping its paying customers in the face and expecting them to return month after month for more insults..
It's a pretty sad consolation prize. It should be something equivalent to an expansion (not mini expansion) for the people that ALREADY BOUGHT all their xpacs. No one in their right mind is going to choose a 1-hour pot over an xpac they don't have. Yeah you can't normally buy discovery pots in the store, but just because something is priceless doesn't mean it's actually worth a lot.

Not to mention you're maybe getting 30 min out of it, if that? Unless you use friends/alts to complete the quests, then run the character with the pot to the end to loot and get out asap. The xp/slayer/loot/whatever pot system is atrocious and blatantly misleading with it's duration.

Instead can we have 60 short-term loot boosts, like the treasure map?

Ungermax

Master Artificer
It's a pretty sad consolation prize. It should be something equivalent to an expansion (not mini expansion) for the people that ALREADY BOUGHT all their xpacs. No one in their right mind is going to choose a 1-hour pot over an xpac they don't have. Yeah you can't normally buy discovery pots in the store, but just because something is priceless doesn't mean it's actually worth a lot.

Not to mention you're maybe getting 30 min out of it, if that? Unless you use friends/alts to complete the quests, then run the character with the pot to the end to loot and get out asap. The xp/slayer/loot/whatever pot system is atrocious and blatantly misleading with it's duration.

Instead can we have 60 short-term loot boosts, like the treasure map?

This isnt a bad idea. Or what if there were some sort of token you could use to bless a chest with the given bonus, convert it to a single use, instantaneous item at say a value of 5 one pops to one Elixir of Disappointment.

HighLordPudding

You know what would get people to REALLY signup for VIP and get them to PERMA signup.

1.) Starting from level 4 whenever you TR.

2.) +2% XP per party member grouped.

3.) Insta-teleportation to the entrance of any quest.

4.) Mailbox access from anywhere.

5.) Bank access from anywhere including inside a quest.
I would be much happier with any 3 or 4 of these. But any part of that was the loyalty program I think a couple fo my friends would come back to DDO as VIP

seph1roth5

This right there. Extending Veteran Status to reincarnations would be a great perk for VIPs.
Devs really seem to not understand why people want more xp and to reincarnate at 4. The comments I've seen seem dismissive and accusing players of "not wanting to play the game." Yet otto's boxes are super expensive and limited, and probably a big $$-maker for them.

My group would LOVE to start at lv 4, because the game is a gigantic reincarnation wheel. There's literally 100+ reincarnations to do, and anything that speeds that up would be a godsend. Letting us start at lv 4 wouldn't mean we play the game ANY less, we'd just make better use of it. Yeah I guess that means we'd "complete" a character fully faster, maybe 15-20 min faster per life? But it's not like when that happens people quit ddo and then SSG makes no more $$ on them.

If tr-ing were easier, people would level and TR alts more too. Getting more power from reincarnation is great, but those early levels, while quick, over and over and over....yeah, that's why people would love to tr at 3-5.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Not for nothing... but I save all my silver/gold roll xp gems that I get for being VIP and use them to start at level 3 every time I reincarnate. So for me, VIP already allows me to start at level 3 each life.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Silver/gold rolls being such small XP values makes them only good for skipping early heroic levels. If I had my druthers, I'd make the XP stones a % of the current levels XP (where a 100 gold roll one would be half a level) so they scaled and could popped at any level range. I'd also let VET status work on VIP's that TR. But that's just me.

Toprak

Yeah it's very possible those xp gems aren't going to do the job (which is very common if you play even kinda fast or can't log in every day), but it also only supports ONE character. We'll still have problems with alts.

thunderwolf

if i sup for a year up front do i get all 12 months of vip at once or you going make us wait each month like you do with the ddo points and that is lame cant do much with 500 points miss sale for holding our points we payed for .

Elminster

Playing any game for the 1,000th time no matter how awesome becomes mind-numbing work. Even sex can get boring. DDO, which albeit is close to sex, can easily become work after running the same quest 9,9999,999,99,9,99,999 times.

Reactions: DBZ

Drakos

If they took all the VIP login rewards vs. this one reward; I would remain and/or signup my other accounts just for the level 4 start. They can keep all that other rubbish.
Only is the VIP's in question do a lot of TR'ing. For me it is less value, at max I have one character that has TR'd 4 times, and I've been playing since Beta.

Drakos

if i sup for a year up front do i get all 12 months of vip at once or you going make us wait each month like you do with the ddo points and that is lame cant do much with 500 points miss sale for holding our points we payed for .
You will have to wait and get each month's "reward" as you complete the month as VIP, even though you have already guarenteed them the payment they no longer care if your happy.

It gets worse though, if you don't log in each month and talk to the warden, err I mean NPC, then your rewards are now delayed by that month. So, me must be good little lemmings and follow this idiotic collection method on schedule or we get punished for giving them the money up front.