Join Severlin for a Q&A on Friday on Twitch!

T.O.

The 10% is noticeable, but not overly great. Why? Mostly because it stacks additively with other percentage bonuses (ship, voice, pots). Which means it's decent when you don't use pots, but the better pot you use, the less benefit (as a percentage of the total xp you receive) you get.

Increasing it to 20% would be good. Or, at the least, making it stack multiplicatively with ship/voice/pot, so it's actually always a straight 10% on top.
When this discussion first came up on the old forums. I have always advocated for 20%. I also always run with at least a 30% pot and all possible xp bonus which are pay to play. One thing I think a lot of people miss is the xp tome of learning. Have you tried to level a new account without a tome? That is when you really see that xp in game is abysmal. I could see where a new player is like this game is hella grindy. Having to be locked on normal with no xp boost's from a guild or voice at the very least. Even a guild boost is minimal at best.

Saying that vip should give 50% is laughable even for someone that understands VIP needs more value. Those kind of request's don't help in the discussion. Nor do they hurt. They will generally just be dismissed by all.

T.O.

Incorrect
True because it doesn't add to the total of xp per quest. However I know it's easy to be 50k behind your leveling partners per level ups. When you don't have VIP. It's more noticeable in mid to upper heroics. I also know a 10% pot doesn't equate to equaling 10% VIP bonus. Math is funny in this game.

LunaCee

I also know a 10% pot doesn't equate to equaling 10% VIP bonus. Math is funny in this game.

Also take into account that a VIP is going to have all those additional monster manuals compared to a fresh F2P account. Which are random hits of several thousand experience here and there. Running quests as a non-VIP with a friend I dragged into the game the XP bonuses from just monster manuals 1 through 4 shot me a full half level and then some ahead of the friend by about tenth level.

So it isn't "just" the +10% XP from VIP compared to baseline. A lot of it is all the monster manual drip fed XP also kicking in.

LuxProcedens

Oh, will he actually answer real questions?

1. Will we start to get content that doesnt come out broken, or maybe get some content that is actually worth the money and insanely high price-tag SSG puts on it.
  2. Can some older content get some love? Legendary Amrath, Legendary Vale, etc.
  3. A light at the end of the ridiculous Codex Page tunnel? SSG has taken the game from being an absolute gem with actual plotpoints and amazing storytelling to "yeah, codex page in there, go fetch"
  4. Finally a resolution fix? Its pretty ridiculous that you havent even attempted to fix the broken resolution/ui scaling issues.
  5. Will VIPs get anything worth the value of paying?
  • The gold daily dice was nice.
  • The 10% off of the broken and vastly overpriced expansions were not worth it.
  • The inability to purchase content while a VIP subscription is active is pretty ridiculous.
  • VIPs should at least get better access to SSGs customer service system. Maybe a 15 day wait, not a 20 day wait for a response.
  • More than a 10% xp boost and 500 ddo points. You dont even notice the 10% when leveling, and 500 ddo points can buy next to nothing valuable, including when on sale.

Last edited:

LuxProcedens

What's the status on the VIP benefits?
non-existent apparently. as long as some people keep paying, they have no incentive to make it worthwhile. there has been literally no effort to enhance the value of VIP since the daily gold dice, and even that was subpar

T.O.

Also take into account that a VIP is going to have all those additional monster manuals compared to a fresh F2P account. Which are random hits of several thousand experience here and there. Running quests as a non-VIP with a friend I dragged into the game the XP bonuses from just monster manuals 1 through 4 shot me a full half level and then some ahead of the friend by about tenth level.

So it isn't "just" the +10% XP from VIP compared to baseline. A lot of it is all the monster manual drip fed XP also kicking in.
Very true. I have played as a premium that has all content including MM's. This was before the free codes. So I do have some experience with if the extra 10% is worth it. Not having MM's and no xp tome can make leveling real bad and grindy.

Since everyone and their Moms is putting out a leveling guide. I have decided to put one out. It won't be on how fast you can do and all what I find to be boring stuff to fast level. It will include what I have learned on where to get the best MM hits that pay out while leveling and enjoying the game. My way is about 20 hours to 1-20. It is also running a 30 pot, xp tome, vip and all xp boosts possible. And running on R4. It's more of a dual purpose leveling guide. Get 200k in reaper xp per life and either level out with saga's or use them to level up your guild. I have found it's about the difference of running out 4 or 5 quests.

However lately SSG have been very kind with xp for grouping. We have been taking advantage of that bonus quite a bit.

Full disclosure I didn't cancel my vip after the gold rolls. I kept it going. It's what brought me back to vip. Now I just whale a bit. lol

Last edited:

Pilbie

QUESTIONS

1. Can we please get a toggle for the new trap and secret door alerts? I would love to be able to turn off both the graphic and the sound.
2. Has there been any investigation into the possibility that these new alerts contribute to lag?

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
non-existent apparently. as long as some people keep paying, they have no incentive to make it worthwhile. there has been literally no effort to enhance the value of VIP since the daily gold dice, and even that was subpar
Well, the gold rolls were fun for me. Didn't actually get much apart from a couple of xp pots, but it was fun.

And I'm sure we will get something: Another rebranded adventure pack (aka "miniexpansion") that we'll get to pay for, since the rebranding means it's not actually covered by VIP.
Doesn't that just sound awesome?

Last edited:

LuxProcedens

Well, the gold rolls were fun for me. Didn't actually get much apart from a couple of xp pots, but it was fun.

And I'm sure we will get something: Another rebranded expansion pack (aka "miniexpansion") that we'll get to pay for, since the rebranding means it's not actually covered by VIP.
Doesn't that just sound awesome?
Can't wait to re-up for another year!!

Eoin

Could the gold feats (HC8) be put next to the death feats (HC1 and 5)?

If not, could the gold feats at least be next to each other? Currently my warlock feats appear between the gold feats.

werewolf

Hardcore: Does 13 golden chest are all of them? Kobold will not answer this question, I still have many chest want to check out. But if there really only 13 chest, I wont waste my time to do it. Dont tell me how many they have, but just tell 13 is all of them or not.

VIP: Does another vip bouns will coming soon? I already buy a year VIP after you say that. But it still dont have it.
Some Idea for VIP bouns : 1. get teleport to the entrance for the quest
2. more time for rolling chest ( maybe 1month+1 2month+2)
3. short CD for TR (since they have more exp and can max LV fast)
4. more EXP for each party member without you ( now is 1%, maybe we can get more when buying more VIP times, max like +10% for each in the activity.
5. the item which can use to trade 1 raid 500rune or 625rune -make vip can get 1 raid item for 2/3 month.
6. like the old view, but each month you can get any bouns before them, like the twelve mount you can get mount and the greater box, too.
7. have chance to roll raid chest
8. Do not lock the first lever for IC, so they can try some IC build without +1woodheart

Beast

How about we just skip everything in the game?
No need, there are the horrendous and unfun Otto boxes for that. And I'm pretty sure you have used some.
That is bad game design, not an increase on xp gain.
Think before posting, it's not like if we are speaking, this way you don't sound a 3 but a 10 intelligence character!
Have a nice day!
Cheers!

T.O.

No need, there are the horrendous and unfun Otto boxes for that. And I'm pretty sure you have used some.
That is bad game design, not an increase on xp gain.
Think before posting, it's not like if we are speaking, this way you don't sound a 3 but a 10 intelligence character!
Have a nice day!
Cheers!
So you would cast upon me that I have used otto's boxes whilst claiming I have intelligence of 3. Take your own advice and think before you speak. I have never used a otto's box. I don't even have a otter box on my phone. I live dangerously.

DYWYPI

There is an ongoing thread regarding the [U59] Looney tune (Exclamation point [!]) detect a trap audio-visual feature, as can be seen (Post #18). Clearly the [U59] audio-visual version was a disaster... Therefore, for U59.2, SSG made some minor tweaks to that specific [U59] icon, now a floating overhead "Bear trap", and lowered the spamming sound effect volume.

The U59.2 version is still problematic on several levels, but an improvement over that huge [U59] "Looney tune" audio-visual ⁉ inspired idea.

UEYONAc.png

Question: Severlin, I'll ask similar to (Post #51); are you willing to consider creating an [ON/OFF] toggle that new U59.2, overhead detect a trap audio-visual feature?

Last edited:

T.O.

I actually like the new and improved alert system. Much better than the first attempt. It's small and unobtrusive. The audio is toned down a lot. The trapper in the group put his good housekeeping seal of approval on it. Which was a shock to all of us. He's like Mikey He hates everything.

Qeistalan

I actually like the new and improved alert system. Much better than the first attempt. It's small and unobtrusive. The audio is toned down a lot. The trapper in the group put his good housekeeping seal of approval on it. Which was a shock to all of us. He's like Mikey He hates everything.
My "seal of approval" was equating the new alert system (traps, secret doors) to a good jar of mayonaisse.
The "locked chest" alert is meh.
Why don't we have a locked/pickable door alert?

If SSG intends to make DDO fully ADA compliant, get off the pot devs and GIT GUUD!