Join Severlin for a Q&A on Friday on Twitch!

QuantumFX

ummmm are u sure ?
Yes, it is. I've had exactly 1 failure of the game to swap back and forth with a clickie since U59 went live. I know it's currently in fashion for people to crap on the developers because Strimtom oversold the update, but it would be great if you stop trying to turn a question toxic for no good reason.

Last edited:

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I'd love to hear about a potential plan forward with up grades to the servers and expansions. A road map if you would with some more details about potential things to come.
Maybe some info on if there will be new mounts, cosmetics, areas, raids, etc. Or maybe address the potential for guild halls or player housing.
It would be great if the game engine were updated a bit, but that's something that takes a lot of time and effort. . .and switching to ur engine is probably not very likely.

Svirfneblin

Can you ask the cast of the dungeons and dragons movie to play DDO and stream it could make a great PR event.

Yes, it is. I've had exactly 1 failure of the game to swap back and forth with a clickie since U59 went live. I know it's currently in fashion for people to crap on the developers because Strimtom oversold the update, but it would be great if you stop trying to turn a question toxic for no good reason.
lolol ok just that it isnt for me and quick ask nor my guildies so theres that ,but it would be great if you didnt turn an observation toxic for no good reason

Last edited:

AMess

Can we have teasers about upcoming releases? Mostly I just want something to think about for my next build.

Has the dungeon alert scaling impacted performance as desired? Are there some quest (TOEE 1&2 as example) where dungeon alert scaling is very hard to avoid and may need a mob spacing increase or higher threshold for dungeon alert scaling? It seems like more teleport straight to quest could aid in not spinning up mobs in slayer areas. Are there other things, besides clearing mobs, that players can choose to do OR not do to ease lag?

Also, i've been playing for a while, so mostly play at end game...recent transfer to Orien & well, I'd hoped for more grouping options at end game...any chance there's something that can be done to get more folks running end-game content?

Beast

Did you ever thought on lowering the required overall experience to level up?
If I may suggest like giving VIPs a +50% instead of 10.
Doing so you could monetize on reincarnation cooldown removal.
Making leveling less grindy coul even make the game more fun and enjoyable for new players too.

Have you ever thought on making some named arrows/bolt returning (100% clearly)

Cheers

Some weeks ago there was a big youtuber that released a DDO review which got a lot of views and new/returning players trying the game. The video had a lot of good points about flaws, bugs and especially 'quit moments' that new/returning players who try DDO for the first time run into. A lot of this stuff has been in the game for years. Will SSG take some time to look at this feedback and smooth out the new player experience to prevent new players quiting the game early?

Some points mentioned
- Complicated character generation
- No UI scaling
- Not clearly stating the Korthos Grog DDO store quest is optional and can't abandon it
- New players think you need $ payed item to Reincarnate
- Steam version bugs! (Not being able to use ingame store and getting stuck on character generation)
- Grabbing ladders underwater make you drown
- Feels easy to pick the wrong option and ruin your character build
- Weapon tooltip disappearing
game is NOT new player friendly. I think i spend more time looking thru wiki than actually playing the game. And as far i know. only way to get hearts is to pay for them. I dont use steam..steam is always glitchy. Yes i almost drowned on a ladder..thank god i jumped off it while underwater. Would be nice if quests you cant access due to not having the pack just didnt show up so ya dont get a bunch of..you cant delete this quest crap.

Tool tip..seems i have to reset it every time i log in..same with my vid options as far as the contrast goes. I have a 2g vid card..not anything special but this only game i play where its so dang dark all the time. I realize that this q/a will prob be just to blow sunshine up yer own behinds..but can ya fix some things?

Making leveling less grindy coul even make the game more fun and enjoyable for new players too.

Cheers
i agree 10% xp is not even noticable..paying my sunscription should worth more than 500 ddo points. God knows vip access is still terrible..all the good armor is is in pay packs..that makes this a pay to win game.

T.O.

For lesser or +1/3/5/20 hearts its the store or randomly gold DD or maybe a giveaway from a class revamp rarely. But for heroic or racial TR hearts you can acquire them in-game for Tokens of the Twelve and for Epic TR hearts you can get them in-game for commendations or heart seeds.
Also on the rare occasion of pulling one from a chest. I have a unbound +5 laying around somewhere.

T.O.

i agree 10% xp is not even noticable..paying my sunscription should worth more than 500 ddo points. God knows vip access is still terrible..all the good armor is is in pay packs..that makes this a pay to win game.
LOL yes it is. Run with vips leveling up and you will easily know the difference. While I do agree there should be a bump in the xp bonus. Over a heroic life that is 380,000. That is 825,000 over a epic life. Not to mention reaper xp.

I also agree they have devalued VIP. There needs to be something done about it.

Last edited:

T.O.

Cheers
How about we just skip everything in the game?

Skoltr

game is NOT new player friendly. I think i spend more time looking thru wiki than actually playing the game. And as far i know. only way to get hearts is to pay for them. I dont use steam..steam is always glitchy. Yes i almost drowned on a ladder..thank god i jumped off it while underwater. Would be nice if quests you cant access due to not having the pack just didnt show up so ya dont get a bunch of..you cant delete this quest crap.

Tool tip..seems i have to reset it every time i log in..same with my vid options as far as the contrast goes. I have a 2g vid card..not anything special but this only game i play where its so dang dark all the time. I realize that this q/a will prob be just to blow sunshine up yer own behinds..but can ya fix some things?

You have to run quests that drop tokens of the twelve, or even shards of the tokens to crunch. Take tokens to the twelve and talk to lahar, there's an option to trade the tokens for a heart of wood. Just make sure you pick the correct one. There's a normal heart of wood and a blood heart (for racial tr). I've never bought a heart from the store for tr, I just run old epics.

Edit: Like Aelonwy said as well, ops. But with the commendations/heart seeds...get to 30 and pick hearts seeds it takes wayyyyy to many coms to convert to heart seeds.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
LOL yes it is. Run with vips leveling up and you will easily know the difference. While I do agree there should be a bump in the xp bonus. Over a heroic life that is 380,000. That is 825,000 over a epic life. Not to mention reaper xp.

I also agree they have devalued VIP. There needs to be something done about it.

The 10% is noticeable, but not overly great. Why? Mostly because it stacks additively with other percentage bonuses (ship, voice, pots). Which means it's decent when you don't use pots, but the better pot you use, the less benefit (as a percentage of the total xp you receive) you get.

Increasing it to 20% would be good. Or, at the least, making it stack multiplicatively with ship/voice/pot, so it's actually always a straight 10% on top.

I'd love to hear about a potential plan forward with up grades to the servers and expansions. A road map if you would with some more details about potential things to come.
Maybe some info on if there will be new mounts, cosmetics, areas, raids, etc. Or maybe address the potential for guild halls or player housing.
It would be great if the game engine were updated a bit, but that's something that takes a lot of time and effort. . .and switching to ur engine is probably not very likely.
DDO w/ Raytracing... and No ladder bug... A boy can dream.