Lamannia U66 Preview 1 Release Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolero

DDO Producer
Here are the release notes for this first preview of Update 66 and an early look at some U67 features. Lamannia opens shortly (5p Eastern) today and is expected to remain open until late-afternoon Eastern time on Thursday, January 18th. Please find separate preview threads and release notes for each of the Major Features. As usual, these release notes are expected to change over time.

Major Features:
Balance Changes and Small Features:
  • Experimental Tumble Controls have been disabled.
Bug Fixes:
  • The quest Dread Sea Scrolls is now properly shareable.
  • Selecting an Alignment during character creation no longer allows you to click through the window to the Create button accidentally.
  • Sacred Fist now shows up as a prerequisite for Unarmed Strike.
  • Annabelle d'Jorasco no longer robs people.
  • Augments that apply an Implement bonus to their equipped weapons now correctly make the weapon an implement instead of trying to make you an implement.
  • Sacred Fist's Iron Skin's 2nd Tier now functions as intended.
  • The Spellsinger SLAs Cure Light Wounds and Cure Light Wounds, Mass now target undead foes correctly.
  • Incapacitation Range found on items has had its magnitude adjusted to match its intended value.
  • You now properly gain Force Spell Power and Force Spell Caster Levels within Season's Herald.
  • The tooltips for the Seasonal Attunements within Season's Herald have been adjusted for clarity.
  • You may now use the Enlarge Metamagic feat on Dark Apostate's Bane and Bestow Curse spells.
  • Ranged Special Attacks (such as Poisoned Shot from Vile Chemist) now correctly work while moving and firing a dual crossbow.
  • Fixed many small text errors and typos.
  • Death Salve now correctly turns your allies Undead.
  • Hirelings can now turn into Undead or Plants properly if they desire to do so.
  • Angel of Vengeance's Just Reward now works regardless of what favored weapon you have.
  • Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training now have proper tooltips.
  • Stormsinger's Lightning Strike now correctly upgrades its damage.
  • Fixed the Gianthold augment vendors tooltips to correctly indicate what augments they sell.
  • Draconic Incarnation's 4th core no longer improperly consumes your spell components.
  • Sacred Fist's Divine Striker now functions again.
  • Fixed the tooltips of the Armor and Shield Proficiency feats and added more clarifying text to them.
  • You can now cast Protection Domain's Radiant Forcefield on your allies.
  • Plant Growth's tooltip no longer eats Animal Growth's tooltip.
Engineering Changes:
  • Directional Arrows for Hirelings on the map and minimap are now their proper color.
  • The LFM UI is now the default page of the Social Panel. It also now triggers a load for all player data upon opening, which prevents broken LFMs from appearing.
  • There is a new button in the Guild window to send a tell to another member of your guild.
  • You may now search the Adventure Compendium for Epic Level.
  • Melee Attack Bonus, Melee Damage Bonus, Ranged Attack Bonus, and Ranged Damage Bonus now are tracked in the Details(+) Tab in your character sheet.
  • Adjustments have been made to Conquest calculations to make them more accurate and fix some of the remaining outliers.
KNOWN ISSUE:
"Dragon's Roar" (dragon lord archetype) is broken and should not be used with these types of characters:
-All Dwarves
-All Half-Orcs
-Shifter Males

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
KNOWN ISSUE:
"Dragons roar" (dragon lord architype) is broken and should not be used with these types of characters:
-All Dwarves
-All Half-Orcs
-Shifter Males
May I ask what exactly "broken" means in this context? Is it a simple animation issue or will some horrible mechanical fate befall the unfortunate character?

Subfive

is there a way to keep the Experimental Tumble Controls (At least when in combat, I often use it to move around group, position myself for ray spell, improve precised shot, get out of enemies AOE and more), One of the thing that I love is the combat mechanic when used well.

I'm ok as it not being the fastest way to run and make it so you can catch on to other players with wings/leap ability but I would love to see antoher way to stop player for using it to move around evrywhere whitout completly removing the feature. A limit on thumble in a row or whithin a certain amount of time, being nauseated after x thumble on a row or somthing else would be better i think. there is already a ton a condiftion preventing you from thumbling, just nothing in towns.

Last edited:

Maeloz

is there a way to keep the Experimental Tumble Controls (At least when in combat, I often use it to move around group, position myself for ray spell, improve precised shot, get out of enemies AOE and more), One of the thing that I love is the combat mechanic when used well.

I'm ok as it not being the fastest way to run and make it so you can catch on to other players with wings/leap ability but I would love to see antoher way to stop player for using it to move around evrywhere whitout completly removing the feature. A limit on thumble in a row or whithin a certain amount of time would be better I think.
Agreed. It should not be spammable out of combat, either disabled or on a timer (tumbling through traps can also be nice). However, if it is usable in combat it makes tumble a viable/useful skill that isn't out of proportion in utility to other skills.

EvilDragon

The LFM UI is now the default page of the Social Panel. It also now triggers a load for all player data upon opening, which prevents broken LFMs from appearing.

I don't think it's an actual fix. It sounds newly logged-in players will not appear in later panel open?

Bug Fixes:
  • Ranged Special Attacks (such as Poisoned Shot from Vile Chemist) now correctly work while moving and firing a dual crossbow.
Any chance of fixing Poisoned Strike from Vile Chemist? It's been bugged for a while and doesn't count as Crimsonite for reactions, which limits melee alchs a fair bit

Status
Not open for further replies.