Lamannia U66 Preview 1 Release Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezyrex

The removal of Experimental Tumble controls is ONLY a nerf to Accessibility.

You can literally still do it manually. I imagine it would be incredibly easy to macro.

I would really appreciate the Experimental Tumble Controls being made the default - and instead have an internal 1 second cooldown on tumble if the goal is to prevent high speed spam.

ManualTumbleLOWREZ.gif

Tumbling is a very fun mechanic to use in combat, and I would be incredibly sad to see it hamstrung to try to slow down Zerging.

CBDunk

I honestly like the experimental tumble, no clue why we remove it. I understand it might be faster than walking, but whats the problem with that? Who are we harming really, other than our fingers?

Tumbling has ALWAYS been faster than walking... and will remain so after the experimental version is disabled. All the experimental version did was make the mechanical process of which keys to hit slightly simpler. It was still a bit 'harming our fingers' as you say, but doing continuous tumbling on the non-experimental version is even worse. To the point that most people don't bother.

Sorccadin

Tumbling has ALWAYS been faster than walking... and will remain so after the experimental version is disabled. All the experimental version did was make the mechanical process of which keys to hit slightly simpler. It was still a bit 'harming our fingers' as you say, but doing continuous tumbling on the non-experimental version is even worse. To the point that most people don't bother.
Well yes, but is the current version more fun or no? IMO it is, dunno about you. I for one dont mind ppl tumbling around at all, which may be the reason the want to make it harder

Ellisaria

I hope the experimental tumble disable does not mean it is going to be removed from live servers. It is not fun trying to keep up with people who have Alacrity Quivers/Triple Scoundrel PLs and/or enough racial AP to get Racial wings/leaps fresh outta Korthos with just...an expeditious retreat clicky. Experimental tumble let me make a small investment in skill points and a substantial investment in more active play (shift-spamming as opposed to just holding w) to keep up enough to at least hit some things. Not every build (especially at low level) has the AP to take sprint boost in falconer or splash a level of barbarian SOLEY for the purpose of keeping up with multi-lifers who farmed tools to go faster. (To be perfectly clear, I am NOT saying these should be taken away or diminished after others have taken the time to earn them!) Better to solo and strain the server with more instances and more active mobs/calculations/pathing? I'd say yes, that's better than being left in the dust and never see a mob or worse, left behind someone who doesn't clean up their aggro or goes back for the soulstones of those who didn't have the same tools/power they did. Experimental tumble gave us another option to keep pace with more farmed out characters (albeit at the expense of our fingers/wrists), and if people are/were already using third party tools to macro it, what is the actual harm of keeping it (other than the outrage of a particular vocal group who hated the in-game accessibility experimental tumble provided)?

droid327

I worry in all the uproar over the EA nerf (and the DI nerf, to a lesser extent; I feel that's more just grumbling acceptance) that the Tumble nerf is going to get lost in the noise

This is not something most of the players want. Its not something the game requires. We like being able to move faster at will. It serves no purpose to force more downtime during quests.

If you're turning off Tumble, then please be working on something to replace it that resolves the "looks weird" or "requires button spam" complaints, but still keeps the free and unrestricted facultative movement boost.

That was one of the bigger QOL improvements in recent memory. Just take the W. Dont snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Shear-buckler

I hope the experimental tumble disable does not mean it is going to be removed from live servers. It is not fun trying to keep up with people who have Alacrity Quivers/Triple Scoundrel PLs and/or enough racial AP to get Racial wings/leaps fresh outta Korthos with just...an expeditious retreat clicky. Experimental tumble let me make a small investment in skill points and a substantial investment in more active play (shift-spamming as opposed to just holding w) to keep up enough to at least hit some things. Not every build (especially at low level) has the AP to take sprint boost in falconer or splash a level of barbarian SOLEY for the purpose of keeping up with multi-lifers who farmed tools to go faster. (To be perfectly clear, I am NOT saying these should be taken away or diminished after others have taken the time to earn them!) Better to solo and strain the server with more instances and more active mobs/calculations/pathing? I'd say yes, that's better than being left in the dust and never see a mob or worse, left behind someone who doesn't clean up their aggro or goes back for the soulstones of those who didn't have the same tools/power they did. Experimental tumble gave us another option to keep pace with more farmed out characters (albeit at the expense of our fingers/wrists), and if people are/were already using third party tools to macro it, what is the actual harm of keeping it (other than the outrage of a particular vocal group who hated the in-game accessibility experimental tumble provided)?
That's a backwards take. A hidden, unintuitive and spam-intensive ability will never be an "equalizer", it will always do the exact opposite. It's the "farmed" characters that are far more likely to use the tumbling exploit, making the speed difference even greater leaving others even farther behind in the dust to never see a mob alive.

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
[snip]
  • Experimental Tumble Controls have been disabled.

Why is there no middle way?
The problem wasn't the tumbling per se but the speed you gained (that is what I took away from the forum feedback anyway). Don't delete it altogether. Make it slower. It is a great feature that needs a little adjustment and not the hammer.

Engineering Changes:
  • There is a new button in the Guild window to send a tell to another member of your guild.
  • You may now search the Adventure Compendium for Epic Level.

Holy .... it is finally happening. Thank you. It was long overdue.

Cheers,
Titus

rodrigomm88

Here are the release notes for this first preview of Update 66 and an early look at some U67 features. Lamannia opens shortly (5p Eastern) today and is expected to remain open until late-afternoon Eastern time on Thursday, January 18th. Please find separate preview threads and release notes for each of the Major Features. As usual, these release notes are expected to change over time.

Major Features:
Balance Changes and Small Features:
Bug Fixes:
  • The quest Dread Sea Scrolls is now properly shareable.
  • Selecting an Alignment during character creation no longer allows you to click through the window to the Create button accidentally.
  • Sacred Fist now shows up as a prerequisite for Unarmed Strike.
  • Annabelle d'Jorasco no longer robs people.
  • Augments that apply an Implement bonus to their equipped weapons now correctly make the weapon an implement instead of trying to make you an implement.
  • Sacred Fist's Iron Skin's 2nd Tier now functions as intended.
  • The Spellsinger SLAs Cure Light Wounds and Cure Light Wounds, Mass now target undead foes correctly.
  • Incapacitation Range found on items has had its magnitude adjusted to match its intended value.
  • You now properly gain Force Spell Power and Force Spell Caster Levels within Season's Herald.
  • The tooltips for the Seasonal Attunements within Season's Herald have been adjusted for clarity.
  • You may now use the Enlarge Metamagic feat on Dark Apostate's Bane and Bestow Curse spells.
  • Ranged Special Attacks (such as Poisoned Shot from Vile Chemist) now correctly work while moving and firing a dual crossbow.
  • Fixed many small text errors and typos.
  • Death Salve now correctly turns your allies Undead.
  • Hirelings can now turn into Undead or Plants properly if they desire to do so.
  • Angel of Vengeance's Just Reward now works regardless of what favored weapon you have.
  • Shuriken Expertise and Advanced Ninja Training now have proper tooltips.
  • Stormsinger's Lightning Strike now correctly upgrades its damage.
  • Fixed the Gianthold augment vendors tooltips to correctly indicate what augments they sell.
  • Draconic Incarnation's 4th core no longer improperly consumes your spell components.
  • Sacred Fist's Divine Striker now functions again.
  • Fixed the tooltips of the Armor and Shield Proficiency feats and added more clarifying text to them.
  • You can now cast Protection Domain's Radiant Forcefield on your allies.
  • Plant Growth's tooltip no longer eats Animal Growth's tooltip.
Engineering Changes:
  • Directional Arrows for Hirelings on the map and minimap are now their proper color.
  • The LFM UI is now the default page of the Social Panel. It also now triggers a load for all player data upon opening, which prevents broken LFMs from appearing.
  • There is a new button in the Guild window to send a tell to another member of your guild.
  • You may now search the Adventure Compendium for Epic Level.
  • Melee Attack Bonus, Melee Damage Bonus, Ranged Attack Bonus, and Ranged Damage Bonus now are tracked in the Details(+) Tab in your character sheet.
  • Adjustments have been made to Conquest calculations to make them more accurate and fix some of the remaining outliers.
KNOWN ISSUE:
"Dragon's Roar" (dragon lord archetype) is broken and should not be used with these types of characters:
-All Dwarves
-All Half-Orcs
-Shifter Males
The game needs a graphical update on old characters and NPCs. The difference between the Wood Elf and the old
Elf (includes sun elf and drow) is very big. Gith as a race and Psionic as a Class. should be a priority. enter the Isle of Dread and see the water and are in Khortos and see the water. It feels like two different games.

tsotate

That's a backwards take. A hidden, unintuitive and spam-intensive ability will never be an "equalizer", it will always do the exact opposite. It's the "farmed" characters that are far more likely to use the tumbling exploit, making the speed difference even greater leaving others even farther behind in the dust to never see a mob alive.
People on these forums are way too quick to use the word "exploit" to describe things that are working as intended but they just don't like. If tumbling fast were actually an exploit, then those multi-hundred-post threads of just a few people very loudly complaining about it would have been deleted and the posters banned for discussing it.

Shear-buckler

People on these forums are way too quick to use the word "exploit" to describe things that are working as intended but they just don't like. If tumbling fast were actually an exploit, then those multi-hundred-post threads of just a few people very loudly complaining about it would have been deleted and the posters banned for discussing it.
Like it or not, the devs have stated that it was not intended for tumbling to become a faster way to traverse.

canicus

Balance Changes and Small Features:
Would it be possible to have an active feat or skill that we could put on our hotbars that could have few second cooldown? This feature made moving around very fluid and fun beyond the speed provided. If possible please find a way to bring this feature back eventually in a way that is more manageable.

Marshal_Lannes

I never called experimental tumble an exploit. I made a post pointing out how experimental tumbling was being used in the game, and the genuine impact it was having on questing within groups. I asked for clarification from the Developmental team if this was the intended effect from both a gameplay and immersion perspective. I made one post about this. That it spawned nearly 500 responses is a testament to how divisive this ability was among the player base. This, in my opinion, is exactly how a forum should work.
Would it be possible to have an active feat or skill that we could put on our hotbars that could have few second cooldown? This feature made moving around very fluid and fun beyond the speed provided. If possible please find a way to bring this feature back eventually in a way that is more manageable.
This is a reasonable suggestion that should satisfy players who like experimental tumble for combat purposes. Tying it to a feat with a cool-down (like Spring Attack) would allow experimental tumble to be used in combat but would remove the chaining ability that currently allows it to dominate movement speed within the game. In my opinion, the feat should meet certain Tumbling skill requirements and should only be possible in cloth or light armor.

CBDunk

Like it or not, the devs have stated that it was not intended for tumbling to become a faster way to traverse.

Again, it ALWAYS has been.

People have been using tumble to move faster since before the game officially launched. For the first several years of DDO it was common to see people doing the forward leap tumble to get around quickly. It became less common as other options to increase movement speed were introduced, but it has always been there. The experimental controls just made it manually easier to do.

If the devs 'never intended' for tumbling to be faster than running, then they've been doing it wrong for 17+ years.

zybilna

Honestly im about done with this game i can take the 100 pointless nerfs so you can just give us our power back with level increase but just taking tumble controls out when 80% of people complaning arnt even trying to use it and its the first skill machanic in years to make something usefull that for 15 years only got 1 point so we didnt take fall damage and you taking the skill based function out of the skill based game cause people that cant hit more then 7 hot keys are complaning cause there slow af
This is honestly what is gonna make me quit this game

Last edited:

Shear-buckler

Again, it ALWAYS has been.

People have been using tumble to move faster since before the game officially launched. For the first several years of DDO it was common to see people doing the forward leap tumble to get around quickly. It became less common as other options to increase movement speed were introduced, but it has always been there. The experimental controls just made it manually easier to do.

If the devs 'never intended' for tumbling to be faster than running, then they've been doing it wrong for 17+ years.

OK so it's still there. Git gud and stop complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.