Prioritize fixing reincarnation bank problems

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
Reincarnation is integral to the core loop of the game. But if you have a lot of items it's a nightmare to do.

I personally have a hard time reorganizing things when people move my stuff around. To have that happen to me as part of an otherwise very fun video game just feels like a slap in the face. I probably spend about 5 to 10 hours per life reorganizing things and moving gear from reincarnation caches or alts to their appropriate spot. This is getting worse and worse as I accumulate more items, especially those with limitations on how they can be organized such as bound to character items.

Please please, prioritize making this experience better. Any improvements are welcome.

Some concrete ways to do this are:
- Stop adding items to the reincarnation cache and make the bank/inventory space from favor permanent (to prevent any problems related to lost storage space). This will remove the need to jumble up someone's organized inventory and bank storage. If there are issues around overflow space for equipped items, just make removing equipment a requirement for reincarnation.
* See this post later in this thread for a clear statement on why this feature is problematic in its current state (as opposed to my personal anecdote provided here in the initial post).
** This should also be paired with adding 40-200 free bank spots to make up for the lost deep storage space or a more robust solution like the one suggested here (Essentially being able to unlock the ability to reclaim a named item you've obtained once by sacrificing some amount of other named items.) As for why these extra inventory slots are necessary with this change, see this post later in this thread.

- Leave hotkey bars and UI alone. There's no reason to reset hotkey bars, one can remove abilities if they like, but a lot of things like potions, scrolls, past life abilities, etc, just have a spot on someone's bar permanently-- removing them all just adds an annoying chore.
* I made a separate thread focusing on the Hotkey bars issue here

Last edited:
Upvote 9

DBZ

Those can be traded and sold on the asah whatever brings back the economy works

And some of it still could be raid level unique now i think about it great idea

Myth drannor quest gear all bta oe and all the raid gear is btcoe guaranteed money maker for ssg

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

Those can be traded and sold on the asah whatever brings back the economy works

And some of it still could be raid level unique now i think about it great idea

Myth drannor quest gear all bta oe and all the raid gear is btcoe guaranteed money maker for ssg

Oh, no doubt. I would not want then to be BTA from the start so they are tradeable but after you equip it is when it goes BTA instead of BTC

DBZ

People would spend money on rerolls and raid timers and all the astal shard trading fees

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Inherent problems you ask? Items disappearing into the void when you tr, loss of character daya, and ssg refusing to take steps to provide data restoration/back up for everyone even though they've made special exceptions in the past.
Yeah, I complain a lot about my MM, but at least I still have my character and his gear... unlike some people :( Verysadddan.