Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker

Eleazzar

Builds like this always convince me that I´m playing a totally different game. I can´t even begin to understand how it´s possible to get such stats...
Divide everything by two and that´s how my lvl 32 barbarian looks like ...
Exactly my case as well.

Tronko

Napkin maths suggests a theoretical melee power of 377 before boosted items*

Everything is correct (y)
Only the reaper/mythic boosts are missing (which have a big impact if one has good gear), the enhanced bloodrage proc (10 mp), and any other temporary buffs (such as a 10-15 potion, 50 prowess).
Also, Arcane Warrior fully stacked gives 20 mp.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Builds like this always convince me that I´m playing a totally different game. I can´t even begin to understand how it´s possible to get such stats...
It's a never ending race in our discord to see who can get a better screenshot of a maxed snapshot, between him and symbiont. Also, don't worry. He has an odd intelligence score. Shame him hard!

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I get that, but I like to look at it more as a learning opportunity...

What am I missing, that I could look to usefully incorporate?

I find that approaching these builds with that mindset can yield some really valuable insights. And Tronko is always very helpful in responding to questions.

In this specific case for example, the Bloodbark swappping and some of the DoubleStrike bonuses are very useful takeaways for me.

Ultimately you could build this, but until then, making progress towards that goal will yield incremental, yet valuable, benefit imo.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get too disheartened, ask questions, and learn from the answers. One day, all this could be yours, and anyway much of the fun lies in the journey getting there! 😁👍

Fleming

Thanks Tronko for confirming what Spook came up with.

To those getting disheartened, I fully agree with Jack. Reading threads like these I learn a lot of 'tricks and tips', some of which I can incorporate in one build or another.

Also although all the past lives obviously help (a lot), its easy to think "Ah well his Strength is 118, thats double mine because hes got all the lives", but theres 'only' 5 Strength in past lives (Racial Completionist, Class Completionist and Half Orc). That's just an example. It's not quite that simple as a completionist would have more Action Points to spend on Strength in the Racial tree. But again thats another two.

The trick is to chase the things you can chase, and you can get an extremely capable character without a lot of past lives, that just gets better as you add more past lives (if you want to).

Hammatimes

Napkin maths suggests a theoretical melee power of 377 before boosted items*

*included reaper rings as they can be crafted although given the grind of reaper crafting its usually easier to pull them (if you have help) also assumes all filigree are rare which I am not sure is possible (eg I dont have shattered device rares)

Epic Levels60
Legendary Levels12
Tome4
Reaper24
Filigree80
THF feats22
Enhancement10
Profane15
Artifact15
Destiny Cores55
Vistani20
FB20
Barb (greater rage)10
Scion20
Reaper Rings10
Melee power from combat style feats don't stack. Missing 3 from crazy strike.

Spook

Melee power from combat style feats don't stack. Missing 3 from crazy strike.
Yup your right on the combat style feats should have not been lazy and used a planner to catch that silly error. I deliberately didnt include crazy strikes though like I also didnt include arcane warrior stacks.

so 365 melee before boosts + boosted items should hopefully be right now

Arcaneous

So, I am about to TR into my 13th life as a barb (doing racials) and I wanted to give this build a go. However, I am in a solo guild and only really have a couple friends that I consistently play with so raids are pretty much out of the question for me. I have all of the gear you list, except for the raid items like Dino armor, helmet and the Truthful blow augment. Is there possibly a different gear setup that you would recommend for people who can't get raid gear?

No worries if not, just thought I would ask. Also thank you for posting this! Like Jack mentioned above, I learn so much from these god-like builds that top players post so even if I can't manage to pull them off, I still enjoy looking them over and taking what I can from them. Cheers!

Tronko

So, I am about to TR into my 13th life as a barb (doing racials) and I wanted to give this build a go. However, I am in a solo guild and only really have a couple friends that I consistently play with so raids are pretty much out of the question for me. I have all of the gear you list, except for the raid items like Dino armor, helmet and the Truthful blow augment. Is there possibly a different gear setup that you would recommend for people who can't get raid gear?
Hey! It's difficult to answer your question; a lot depends on what you already have and what you're willing to farm. For this build (and many others), it's challenging to give up the Dino Armor because it provides 3% profane doublestrike and 2d6 sneak dice, which you currently can't find elsewhere.

Essentially, you can start with a three-piece set (ie Family, Silent, the new Devil) and then add Dino Curse or Forbidden Knowledge (with both, you can equip a weapon, artifact, and three other items). In total, that's 8 slots, leaving you with 5 slots if you're a THF, ideally to use for 1-2 sets. You might consider an augment set (3 pieces) and a set of Gem of Many Facets + another item ideally. Great items are the Eternal Flameguard's lenses (quality deadly, quality doublestrike) and the new University Duelist's Cloak (ins doublestrike, quality deadly, quality accuracy, insightful arrmor piercing).

C1p3

This is how Tronko's Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker would look in the end-game with heroic & racial completionist, most epic lives and a supreme tome +8 but no reaper points, mythic or reaper bonuses. This includes rage, frenzy, battle trance on but without FoTW action buffs according to DDO Builder (edited):
  • HP: 3312
  • Doublestrike: 82 (with Doublestrike + Aasimar Scourge past life stance)
  • Bonus Imbue: 6D6
  • Sneak Imbue: 9D9
  • MP: 293
  • Strikethrough: 180
(Edited) Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker.ddocp

Last edited:

Spook

This is how Tronko's Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker could looks in the end-game with racial completionist and a supreme tome +8 but no reaper points:

• HP: 3257
  • Doublestrike: 76 (with the right past life feat)
  • Bonus Imbue Dice: 6D6
  • MP: 289
  • Strikethrough: 180
Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker.ddocp
Sorry but no. This is a different build. The reasons for some of the decisions Tronko made was to get to 100% standing doublestrike. If you have fewer epic pastlives then you would make different choices.

Marshal_Lannes

On a fully prepared character, you're going to have 8+ charges on Reaper Doublestrike between shrines. I find it quite rare to ever run out of these as you're never going to use them every fight. Alright, you might if you solo, but there are going to be some fights where the sorcerer wipes everything out or everything is mass held and you don't need it. You've clearly chosen to build for doublestrike and not rely on these charges and since they provide 30% doublestrike that's a major build decision. What made you do this? Other than a few other minor quibbles (Occult slayer is a great tree, and gearing is subjective in some slots), a splendid write-up.

PraetorPlato

How did you lose 18% DS by losing reaper points? If you have most epic lives, you should have 3xdoublestrike, so you're dropping at most 6 from Scourge?

C1p3

This might be viable as a first life build (28 points). However:
  • In heroics there's no CC/self-healing. Use Rage with Blood Tribute.
  • In epics, you have Unbridled Fury with a cool-down of 5 minutes. You may want to take FotW:Mantle of Fury instead of GoF:Serenity mantle for more healing.
  • Classes in Warlock and Favored Soul were dropped (due to limited EP).
  • Can't reach Vistani Fortune, Vistani Knifemaster due to limited EP. Perhaps reallocation from the racial tree would help, but you'll lose to hit/damage bonuses.
  • You lose some DRs.
What looks fine in DDO Builder (with guild buffs):
  • HP: 2597
  • Doublestrike: 64
  • Bonus Imbue: 4D6
  • Sneak Imbue: 7D9
  • MP: 249
  • Strikethrough: 170
You also get to keep most immunities: Sleep, Fear, Level Drain, Energy Drain, Slippery Surface, Falling Damage, most forms of Knockdown & Magic Missiles.

Reaper Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker First Life

Last edited:

PraetorPlato

I would probably drop racial tree points in favor of trance and all the VKF goodies—VKF capstone is absurd, and trances is excellent. Keep arcane warrior too at that point. I also think you're losing too much DS—you should only be losing 8 WELF, 15 PLs, and 5 from one epic destiny at most, putting you at 72. For a first life, I'd recover 5 of that via feat, and another 5 by dropping great leveler and no mercy, and some other SD points, to keep the ED doublestrike (I haven't checked whether this requires truly 0 DP, or 1-2). Worst case, you should be at 77ish DS, and I think you can get 82.

I'm also not sure how you're losing that much melee power. You should be down 4 (tomb), 24 (reapers), 10 (destiny cores), 10 (reaper rings). That still puts you comfortably over 300 standing (raged, I'm getting 325 before accounting for any random boosted gear). If you mean low filigree as well, that would make more sense, but that's a different question :p.

This is true for both of the above posts—I'm getting more offense from this first life breakdown than you are in the completionist, but no RP breakdown. Did you change major things about the build?

PraetorPlato

On a fully prepared character, you're going to have 8+ charges on Reaper Doublestrike between shrines. I find it quite rare to ever run out of these as you're never going to use them every fight. Alright, you might if you solo, but there are going to be some fights where the sorcerer wipes everything out or everything is mass held and you don't need it. You've clearly chosen to build for doublestrike and not rely on these charges and since they provide 30% doublestrike that's a major build decision. What made you do this? Other than a few other minor quibbles (Occult slayer is a great tree, and gearing is subjective in some slots), a splendid write-up.
Generally, the reason people don't like reaper strike is because managing the uptime is quite annoying–you pop it for a tough pack, then a doom spawns when it's on CD. You can also run out in raids (and lose uptime regardless).

Tronko

Generally, the reason people don't like reaper strike is because managing the uptime is quite annoying–you pop it for a tough pack, then a doom spawns when it's on CD. You can also run out in raids (and lose uptime regardless).
Correct ;) You have the buff for 30 seconds out of 40, so 75% of the time. Not ideal in raids where you need to engage the boss for more than 30 seconds, or in quests if you're not playing solo or if you can't finish a fight within 30 seconds.
In addition, by not using Reaper's Strike, you can use the other two boosts for either a 15% fort bypass or +6 critical hit/damage.

Polylove

Hey there @Tronko

Where would you put THF or even your assassin as far as damage goes after the weapon changes?

SDK chains are pretty amazing, bearbarian sounds good too. So confused what to play lol

Tronko

Where would you put THF or even your assassin as far as damage goes after the weapon changes?
Hard to say... in this game, things change quickly 😅 They've changed weapon dice, but most importantly actives +W (which don't scale Sneak). Also Lotus is nerfed… Lotus perhaps was the only epic strike capable of threatening Adrenaline 😢
Barbarian remains solid, but the Assassin I posted loses a bit. In any case, I think both of them remain playable… none of them was top-tier 😉

Sithy

I guess not (because I can't see it in your build), but does the Swordcrossed Topaz (15% Doublestrike) stacks with items providing 15% Doublestrike?