Reaper Endgame Wood Elf Frenzied Berserker

Tronko

what would use for belt and boots if u didnt have melee power on them?
Hey! It depends; if you want to be more offensive at the expense of defenses, you have the Thorn Boots or the Legendary Knife Toed Boots (which free up a ring slot). Regarding belt, an option is Lindal (which frees up a dino slot), or the Belt of the Ram for Ram's Might (and Quality Strength that frees up a ring slot). Among the new items, the Legendary Buckle of Transformation frees up the necklace slot and has Cannith Combat Infusion.

Yndrofian

@Tronko , you mentioned using the legendary dreadnought mantle. It's just the debuff, right? Unless you dump points further in the tree, that's all it is right? If so, is the purpose of that raid bosses (and maybe some r10 bosses)? If so, do you see a noticable difference with that debuff? To me, it feels bit meh. I'd rather have just about anything else.... But I also know that Ive got a lot to learn.

Spook

@Tronko , you mentioned using the legendary dreadnought mantle. It's just the debuff, right? Unless you dump points further in the tree, that's all it is right? If so, is the purpose of that raid bosses (and maybe some r10 bosses)? If so, do you see a noticable difference with that debuff? To me, it feels bit meh. I'd rather have just about anything else.... But I also know that Ive got a lot to learn.
No the mantle choice is for +1W the extra points would allow someone like Tronko to go T4 Dreadnought and pick up helpless damage too.

xingg

Hello Tronko
Any chance I could swap wis trance to charisma?Is there any differnecies?Just got a +2 charisma curse bonus today
Thank you!

Kyrr

Hello Tronko
Any chance I could swap wis trance to charisma?Is there any differnecies?Just got a +2 charisma curse bonus today
Thank you!
Hey!

This isn't my build nor am I Tronko. You can absolutely use the wisdom trance version if you wish, however you are already netting a bonus if you use charisma sentient swap for more attack, damage and tactical DC by 1 because Charisma has more raid filigree's with more power opportunity. It also has 2 more from racials, but that's not even a majority of the population who have racial(s) done. You are absolutely losing nothing/minimal value by swapping from Charisma to Wisdom!

Rhunah

Hi Tronko,
thanks for sharing your build with us.
Most of it is very plausible to me. But since this is my first time dealing with endgame builds I still have a question.
It's about the Vistani knife fighter.
I understand the 10% doublestrike, the mistwalker line and the points in strength. But almost everything else always refers to daggers and kukris. Are these just points to replenish or am I missing some synergy?

Cyran

Hi Tronko,
thanks for sharing your build with us.
Most of it is very plausible to me. But since this is my first time dealing with endgame builds I still have a question.
It's about the Vistani knife fighter.
I understand the 10% doublestrike, the mistwalker line and the points in strength. But almost everything else always refers to daggers and kukris. Are these just points to replenish or am I missing some synergy?

Haste Boost is the best DPS action-boost in game so add that to your list of stuff you getting but most importantly despite it name Knife Master applies to all weapons which is a huge bonus(5% attack speed, 20MP/RP and +2 to all stat). Everything else, mostly there meet the requirement of 40AP spent for Knife Master but it is worth it for that.

Tronko

Haste Boost is the best DPS action-boost in game so add that to your list of stuff you getting but most importantly despite it name Knife Master applies to all weapons which is a huge bonus(5% attack speed, 20MP/RP and +2 to all stat). Everything else, mostly there meet the requirement of 40AP spent for Knife Master but it is worth it for that.
Correct (y)

It is important to emphasize that many things have changed since I posted this build.
Nowadays, I would probably make different choices; attacks with +W function differently, new gear has been released, and we also have the **** cards. Things will change again very soon with the incoming ED pass. Also, for a splash the Dragonlord, if it comes out as it is, is very attractive with +6% double strike in tier 1, just as 23 points in Ravager are now more appealing. FB capstone can also be a solid choice.

Rhunah

And learned something new again. Thank you for your quick answers.
I'm aware that a lot will change this year, but I'll only deal with that when the time comes ;-)
I'm still too new (3 or 4 years) to DDO and am only now starting to think about the endgame.

Fleming

Correct (y)

It is important to emphasize that many things have changed since I posted this build.
Nowadays, I would probably make different choices; attacks with +W function differently, new gear has been released, and we also have the **** cards. Things will change again very soon with the incoming ED pass. Also, for a splash the Dragonlord, if it comes out as it is, is very attractive with +6% double strike in tier 1, just as 23 points in Ravager are now more appealing. FB capstone can also be a solid choice.

Not trying to tie you down to spending hours looking at what is coming, but just trying to plan ahead even a bit and would be glad of your insight.

Which attacks do you now find more attractive since the +W changes? (This should probably be obvious to me).

If you took a level of Dragonlord what class would you drop? I am thinking Fvs and go with a Wisdom trance? It might even be worth going 17/3 and taking the Strength trance? This looks possible with the current alignment restrictions unless I am wrong or they change. You would lose the Warlock Melee Power but would gain full BAB and the trance.

23 points in ravager as a possibility is for the newly fixed laughter MP?

Side question. Is Truthful Blows 30% Fort bypass? The wiki has it listed as 15% which is good but not great.

Tronko

Which attacks do you now find more attractive since the +W changes? (This should probably be obvious to me).

Boulder’s is amazing. I also like The Great Leveler and Cracking Attack with Crazy Strike is golden.

If you took a level of Dragonlord what class would you drop? I am thinking Fvs and go with a Wisdom trance? It might even be worth going 17/3 and taking the Strength trance? This looks possible with the current alignment restrictions unless I am wrong or they change. You would lose the Warlock Melee Power but would gain full BAB and the trance.

FB core 5 grants 10 mp, +1 multiplier on 19-20, +6 STR, and +3 imbue dice. Don’t drop it ;)
Going 1 Cleric (or FVS) and 1 DragonLord is an option. It's a cheaper AP split than going 21 Vistani and 6 Harper. You spend 18 AP for 11% doublestrike, trance, and Haste boost. However, I expect DragonLord will change before it goes live… 😅

23 points in ravager as a possibility is for the newly fixed laughter MP?

Yes, 23 Ravager is a strong option: 10 mp, laughter, barbarian power attack.

Side question. Is Truthful Blows 30% Fort bypass? The wiki has it listed as 15% which is good but not great.

Yes, it's a typo. It provides a 30% bypass.

Onyxia2016

First off, This is a really nice build and definitely one to try for your next barb life.

However the title of this thread put an image in my head.

Wood Elf Barbarian
49wCiWK.jpeg

vs Dwarf or Half-Orc
9wqMGln.jpeg

Again just for laughs and nothing against the shared build.

Macenzie

Thanks again Tronko, lots of useful info!

Good point on FB core 5. I was thinking but.. but... STR trance might be +30 Hit/Dam/Tactics, but if you have another trance on a secondary stat the difference will be far less, certainly in comparison to all that the core adds.

Yes looks like the Doublestrike is getting lowered already, oh darn!

Big thanks on the Truthful Blows augments info. My current gearset has (nearly) all I want, but is light on Fort Bypass. It's not an easy solution but I might even have a helm in the bank, and a fair set of raid runes already...

The sentient weapon swaps I recommend are:
1) Bloodrage set (obviously) with Brightclaw
I'm not sure if I understand this part fully. How are bloodrage and brightclaw tied together? Would both proc at the same time or are you just hoping that you get both while in that swap. Also, I assume that brightclaw is actually brighthorn the 1000 temp hp proc. Thanks!

Tronko

I'm not sure if I understand this part fully. How are bloodrage and brightclaw tied together? Would both proc at the same time or are you just hoping that you get both while in that swap. Also, I assume that brightclaw is actually brighthorn the 1000 temp hp proc. Thanks!

yes, it's brighthorn. I edited the typo, thanks.
I usually prefer to slot the affirmation proc on the blood rage swap, and keep the debuffs on dps weapons.

I'd like to reiterate that this build is old and truly outdated :)

yes, it's brighthorn. I edited the typo, thanks.
I usually prefer to slot the affirmation proc on the blood rage swap, and keep the debuffs on dps weapons.

I'd like to reiterate that this build is old and truly outdated :)
Thanks! That makes sense and I get that this is outdated now. I've been playing this for a while and just got to cap. I just wanted to understand the mechanics of how you're doing the swap. I'm new to the concept of swapping like this.

What barbarian build are you favoring now?