Settle an argument

AMess

the piles exist for a reason
As to the statement above, the reason the piles exist is literally to be a time sink, so it's a natural point of contention. If you're the first person to chest, you may loot gold piles while waiting for others to arrive at the chest, then others show and they loot gold piles...only there's nearly nothing to be gained....from a gaming perspective the last looter is playing and all is good, from the first looters perspective it's boring to wait even more b/c they've already waited for you to open the chest. What's more, the last looter is likely following the first looters actions as they've probably done in most of the dungeon...so, a natural point of contention.

I've never been bothered by gold-pile looters and do it myself while waiting.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Depends on the purpose of the group. Hopefully they're on the same page and that is communicated before hand. To me if it's a "get to da choppa!!!" run, then don't be a tool and sniff the flowers. 👹

Enoach

I can't speak for all gold piles, but I know I've pulled various items other than gold and gems from gold piles in TOR. If memory serves me even an IAON stone.
I've seen tomes from breakables, I can't recall a tome from gold piles, but I've often gone to sell after these types of quests and find interesting items I don't remember pulling from a chest.
Let the looters loot, they'll catch up :geek:

Pineapple

All this talk of being 'forced' to wait... Are there any quests with gold piles that have gather mechanics after the gold pile?

People are free to loot these in my mind, I'm moving on to the next quest and they will catch up, same as I don't get annoyed at being 'forced' to wait for everyone who doesn't splash monk to recall from the quest

Drunken.dx

Shouldn't be any argument over a few seconds looting. If it really ticks you off that much just drop group. Nobody is keeping you there against your will. 👍
This, if it were 30 seconds per pile, I'd understand it, but couple seconds is too much?
I mean, talk about impatient

I remember someone getting a cleanse curse card from the gold piles - might be worth spending 3 seconds to search them
I've gotten ebberon dragonshards multiple times from kobold bags, so i always collect them

J-2

In a group setting where you're all playing with each other, it should be discussed beforehand. Zerg is a common keyword to convey the point on whats expected if you join the group. At that point, grabbing your junk (or grabbing someone elses junk) is probably not a great idea. If it's hasn't been established by the party leader, then I think you can grab yours or whomever's junk you want.

It is sort of annoying when you're in the moment, and someone accuses you of spending too much time in just one area. Just because they have been hitting that for years doesn't mean that I have been hitting it. I like to get to know an area pretty well. I make it work for me. Thats part of the fun.

Sadly, I'm not in the majority anymore so now I usually just play with myself. In my own instance, I can go as fast or slow as I want. I can stop to take a hydration break halfway through if I need to, maybe some stretching (totally important) or a smoke. I can take my time and really enjoy it. Not satisified with a quickie just for the payoff.

Just some thoughts.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

In a group setting where you're all playing with each other, it should be discussed beforehand. Zerg is a common keyword to convey the point on whats expected if you join the group. At that point, grabbing your junk (or grabbing someone elses junk) is probably not a great idea. If it's hasn't been established by the party leader, then I think you can grab yours or whomever's junk you want.

It is sort of annoying when you're in the moment, and someone accuses you of spending too much time in just one area. Just because they have been hitting that for years doesn't mean that I have been hitting it. I like to get to know an area pretty well. I make it work for me. Thats part of the fun.

Sadly, I'm not in the majority anymore so now I usually just play with myself. In my own instance, I can go as fast or slow as I want. I can stop to take a hydration break halfway through if I need to, maybe some stretching (totally important) or a smoke. I can take my time and really enjoy it. Not satisified with a quickie just for the payoff.

Just some thoughts.
I might be lucky, but none of the PUGs I've ever run with have ever complained to me or any other party member about this.

And if they did to me, the second word they'd get back would be "...off!" 👍

Nickodeamous

I never search gold piles. sometimes I don't even pick up end reward cause I forget. I wouldn't care if somebody looked through the gold pile if they need something. I ain't slowing down that's for sure. Honestly, sometimes I don't even collect end chests in most heroics cause I don't need the plat. But now that curse cleaners give a 0.01% chance, I do now...sometimes. Point is, who cares for 3 seconds. (unless there is a gather mechanic and I'll never get that 3 seconds of my life back (sarcasm)) ;)

Last edited:

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
I think the trick is to be considerate of others and that can be a bit subjective (especially if your potions are on the clock). Communication beforehand can prevent a whole lot of friction which no amount of lube is gonna fix after the fact.

Falkor

More outrage over nothing burgers. Let people loot if they want too loot.

I'd like to see friendly fire added to quests. That would solve alot of issues.

CherryBomb

More outrage over nothing burgers. Let people loot if they want too loot.

I'd like to see friendly fire added to quests. That would solve alot of issues.
There is friendly fire. Haven't you been in a party with a Leroy that runs ahead only to loose the mobs on those that follow????