The Cupcake Muskateers Tavern welcomes You

Onyxia2016

Tomorrow is snip-snip day. Overnight stay and hopefully come home a few pounds lighter.

*pause to Google a curiosity*

Hm. Okay, Google says I'll only be a half-pound lighter. We'll call it a pound, adding some for my little C-monster klingon.

Will let y'all know how it goes whenever I feel up to sitting at the desk. Couple/few days. .... or I'll send word if, well, you know.
Sending wishes for a positive outcome. Keeping you in my thoughts.

cdbd3rd

Thanks for the thoughts, folks.

Surgeon was able to save a good portion of the kidney, so my weight loss plan took a hit. :) Haven't got the pathology report back yet. She did say from the looks of it she's pretty sure it was cancerous but she got good margins and it should be properly Banished.

Not a huge fan of this whole surgery thing. I'll be okay if it takes me another 60 years to be needing another one.

doomboy

Thanks for the thoughts, folks.

Surgeon was able to save a good portion of the kidney, so my weight loss plan took a hit. :) Haven't got the pathology report back yet. She did say from the looks of it she's pretty sure it was cancerous but she got good margins and it should be properly Banished.

Not a huge fan of this whole surgery thing. I'll be okay if it takes me another 60 years to be needing another one.
i mean heck, better surgery than chemo aye?

i'm sure ya still lost a decent chunk :p

cdbd3rd

i mean heck, better surgery than chemo aye?

i'm sure ya still lost a decent chunk :p

Absolutely. If they had starting going on about poisoning and nuking me, the conversation would turned a very different direction. Not a fan any cure that's worse than the disease.

Got a pic if ya wanna see. :cool: Doc was cool and didn't blow me off when I said I wanted pictures.

doomboy

Absolutely. If they had starting going on about poisoning and nuking me, the conversation would turned a very different direction. Not a fan any cure that's worse than the disease.

Got a pic if ya wanna see. :cool: Doc was cool and didn't blow me off when I said I wanted pictures.
heck yeah i wanna see

cdbd3rd

I already pretty much knew, but pathology came back making it official.

Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma - stage 2/4.

Only real difference it makes at this point is what/how much the insurance will pay things at. It always comes back to the insurance. *grumblelol*

doomboy

I already pretty much knew, but pathology came back making it official.

Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma - stage 2/4.

Only real difference it makes at this point is what/how much the insurance will pay things at. It always comes back to the insurance. *grumblelol*
good thing they caught it early, man

Tscheuss

428606747_331695616539433_3681345144040305535_n.jpg

cdbd3rd

Well it's almost Friday here, so close enough for a Friday kinda story.

I imagine the news of an Independence, MO cop and court server being shot and killed has gone national. Was 4 miles as the crow flies from here, but I was a lot closer....

When I go to pick up our daughter from her day program, I can go two ways - thru our little town and hit highway or go the back roads into the city. Today I choose random 50/50 to go the highway. However, on the way home I felt like the back roads - but as we were leaving the city cops were flying past us at full warp. Dozens of them, from KC, Indep, county guys and some HP. That was just on *our* road. I managed to keep up fairly well as each pack passed us... I mean, they WERE going our way AND I was in our dark gray Escape. Got within a good baseball hit from the scene before they started blocking non-LEO vehicles and banished me back to the highway.

Had I taken the back roads at the start of the trip, it would have timed real close to being front row. I miss all the excitement.

( Luckily I don't have to tell my doc that I'm driving until later this month. ;) )

cdbd3rd

In my wander through free movies last night, I chanced one called DAMSEL.

It was actually a good watch, with what is now my favorite dragon animation/fighting tactics in a movie yet. The protagonist is whatsherface that played Eleven in Stranger Things, and has a few other names, like Angela Basset. It has it's flaws, but overall was worthy of the watch time.