The Joy of Deving Discussion Thread

Cordovan

Community Manager
Watch developer Nohbob make a dungeon! This dungeon is expected to be released for free late this year, and you can see it get made on Twitch or YouTube!

In this first episode Nohbob gets you up to speed on what's up and shows the process of getting started and making an NPC! The show is live every two weeks through the end of the series on Thursdays starting at 5pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream and archived here on YouTube afterwards. Thanks for watching!

Episode 1:

Nohbob

Hey folks, I just want to thank you for checking this out. Our intention is to stream one of these every two weeks until the dungeon is released.

A few quick notes from the broadcast:
  • I am new to streaming and working on some of the presentation.
  • I will be most likely using a slightly different audio setup that should increase the quality of the audio.
  • I will be working on the viewer presentation of the tools to make them more readable (Some of the screens need to be zoomed in more).
  • Future Episodes may go longer (closer to 2 hours) to give a little more time for Q & A with the viewers and so that you can see a bit more of the process.
Our next broadcast will most likely feature Quest Stubbing and Dungeon Shell Building and will be on 9/14 at 5pm EST.

But if folks have feedback please feel free to share it.

Vooduspyce

Hey folks, I just want to thank you for checking this out. Our intention is to stream one of these every two weeks until the dungeon is released.

• I will be most likely using a slightly different audio setup that should increase the quality of the audio.
  • I will be working on the viewer presentation of the tools to make them more readable (Some of the screens need to be zoomed in more).
  • Future Episodes may go longer (closer to 2 hours) to give a little more time for Q & A with the viewers and so that you can see a bit more of the process.
Our next broadcast will most likely feature Quest Stubbing and Dungeon Shell Building and will be on 9/14 at 5pm EST.

Thanks for doing this Nohbob!!

ChaoticDrivel

This was pretty neat to watch! Gives us more appreciation for how DDO is made, certainly.

Good job Nohbob. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)

This was great. Thanks for the behind-the-scenes look.

Will watch the entire series.

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

First episode was fun!

I look forward to the next one. <3

Onyxia2016

For being new to streaming, I think you did a fine job.
I learned a lot and look forward to future broadcast.

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

Great episode!
Volume is very quiet on the mix.

Seeing the r1 map is really cool.
I loved part 2 slavers as well Nohbob.
The end fight on r10 is so broken on a melee. xD
We are always counting down to the boom.

Endfight of Quarantine is a good set-up. I love exploding room. We've had a lot of good deaths in there. xD

Cordovan

Community Manager
Join Nohbob this Thursday to see monsters get added to a dungeon! Episode 5 of "The Joy of Deving w/Bob Hess" takes place Thursday, November 2nd starting at 5pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream!

Cordovan

Community Manager
Episode 6 of The Joy of Deving with Bob Hess happens on Thursday! Starts at 5pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/DDOstream on November 16th.

ALSO: You'll see the dungeon on Lamannia this week as well! I even plan to grab some video of it if possible for the show. :)