The Joy of Deving Discussion Thread

Aelonwy

I watched all of episode 6, it didn't seem the feedback on Lamannia was read or given thought. Admittedly there wasn't much feedback there but it was disappointing that it wasn't really mentioned.

Aelonwy

I got to watch the beginning of todays show before leaving to make supper; its interesting how the voice work is recorded. Neat. But I really want to gush over whomever is responsible for the set decoration... very well done! I still wish it had an unusable door/gate that indicated how or where its connected to Stormreach in general but over all the set decoration makes it feel like some obscure alley off the Marketplace or perhaps between the Marketplace and the Twelve.

I hope we see more of this sort of player/developer engagement in the future.

popejubal

Every time I see these, I think it's "the Joy of Delving" and I think it's going to be about getting a first time bonus to XP in quests.

Eoin

Thank you for putting the series together! It has been neat getting to see some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes on.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The final episode of The Joy of Deving with Bob Hess will take place on Thursday, December 14th Thursday, December 21st at 5pm Eastern. The dungeon is live! We'll recap, get into the work that happens after it goes live, and have final thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
We've moved our final show of the series to this week! Will happen this Thursday 5p Eastern on DDOstream.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Thanks, Bob! This was great! I know that sounds rote but I really mean it. It's GOOD to hear (and hear) from you 'guys.'

*I loved the inventive quest (story) and the length!

Last edited:

Diseasedmind

I will upscale the games textures for free. If you are interested, please let me know. I am willing to sign documents, ndas, and whatever needs to be done. Love this game and I can work wonders on it. I may even be able to scale the ui if I had some sort of access to them. I have been scaling and remastering multiple games for years. Before ai, and now with. I have done Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, X4:Foundations, Civilization V, and Kenshi. Un-released Dragon age 1, Dragons Dogma, and The Witcher 3. Others beat me to them :) Here is a small example of my work on Grim Dawn, without redoing the normal maps. Which I would do for this game. https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxt...html?uid=b1c27676-9712-11ee-9ddd-3f41531135b6 Each of these games have 10s of thousands of texture assets. I am able to do the bug testing for the most part, and with the help of the community we can squash any bugs. You can make a (beta) HQ Texture pack pretty easily as an option. Also, RTX remix could work with this game engine.