Update 63 Preview 2: Card of Curse Cleansing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonMan

How about alternatively make the curses long duration temporary (say 6-24 Hours) and make the rare ingredient used to permanently affix the current curse.

mikarddo

I'll likely apply curses to a chunk of my currently equipped endgame gear and then start cleansings afterwards to try and min/max the curses.
Which is the obviously stronger strategy. Waiting out of a perceived sense of loss is the certain way to lose out :)

Besides, with so many effects and so relatively few that are truly good for min/max'ing you may very well end of having to cleanse 10++ times before getting lucky, if ever. Just because you can cleanse does not mean you are likely to get the ONE super effect you are after anytimes soon.

... With the launch of the Deck of Many Curses, this item will appear very rarely in any chest throughout the game.
3 Questions:

1.- ANY CHEST? As in "My very first Korthos Chest had this strange card" any chest?

2.- How Rare will it be? Collapsed Portable Hole rare?

3.- Will it have chance to spawn in special chests as did the Chocolate Keys? (Some spawned in special No-Loot chests even)

DeathTitan

Thank you very much for allowing somehow to remove the curse from an item: I was really worried about farming over and over the same item to apply a new curse on it (especially raid items that are hard to get just 1 of them).
I only hope that it has a fair drop rate since the chance to get the right curse on an item is low.

voenixa121

I'd prefer if this card stuff was kept contained to the "extreme challenge" quests. It shouldn't drop everywhere. This is mostly a system for min-maxers and should stay in it's own little area. I also think these cards should be bound to account, I believe you are seriously underestimating how quickly people will grind this out.
Also remember that this entire thing will just make the whole "the game is too easy" complaints even more numerous.

CBDunk

I'd prefer if this card stuff was kept contained to the "extreme challenge" quests. It shouldn't drop everywhere. This is mostly a system for min-maxers and should stay in it's own little area. I also think these cards should be bound to account, I believe you are seriously underestimating how quickly people will grind this out.
Also remember that this entire thing will just make the whole "the game is too easy" complaints even more numerous.

Unless they increase the drop rate significantly, I think you are wrong about literally everything you wrote here;

Dropping everywhere is better, system is 'random fun' for all characters NOT mostly for min-maxers, will NOT be ground out quickly, and will generate complaints about items becoming obsolete before this grind can be completed.

Hephaestas

Master Artificer
Definitely an unpopular opinion but if this is an endgame system, why can the curse of card cleansing drop anywhere in game? Shouldn't it only drop in epic/legendary quests? Perhaps with a higher chance within the new challenge dungeons?

Please, don't make a rehash of the reaper system. Endgame players have been crying for years for something to do with completed or established characters. Allowing this system on heroic gear (with the same numerical effects mind you - which, riddle me that one why that makes sense balance wise) will discourage some reason for players to engage with this system at cap. Players will find the easiest chests to grind for the cleansers - which will likely be heroic dungeons on capped toons and that just is really a feelsbad concept for this item, and moreover this system.

Please consider levelgating this entire system to at least lvl 20. The game needs more reasons to keep players in the endgame, not less.

voenixa121

Why? A bit of trading is never bad.

I think there is a good reason why endgame currency like Threads of Fate are non-tradeable. Players are supposed to play the game to earn these and not just stand in Stormreach, feeding shards into the auction house.
After all, the cards for the decks themselves only drop in these "extreme challenge" engame dungeons. Why gate the decks and not the cleansing cards? If all of it was dropping everywhere and at all levels and not bound, it would look very different imo.
I think all of it should either be available everywhere or only in these dungeons, either all bound or not.
Are these bonuses meant to be attainable for everyone or not? Are the "curses" supposed to be a small treat for the high-end min-maxers or something that everyone will put on every item? I don't actually know what the plan is. But please either make it a fixed part of the core gameplay (like augments) or keep it in it's own little corner and behave like other quest tokens do.

Dragavon

It is good that they listened and added this item to the game.

But there should really be 3 ways to obtain it.
1: Rare loot in chests in game, like jewellers and sentient toolkits.
2: A way to grind for materials to trade for them.
3: Buy in store.
Then everyone could get them the way they prefer to do it.

Guntango

It is good that they listened and added this item to the game.

But there should really be 3 ways to obtain it.
1: Rare loot in chests in game, like jewellers and sentient toolkits.
2: A way to grind for materials to trade for them.
3: Buy in store.
Then everyone could get them the way they prefer to do it.
1. No, Bonepickers and GS Extractors would be part of this list too, then.
2. Ok
3. Yessiree, Bob.

Grunndi

I kinda of like where this system is at now. I can grind out those new challenges to curse up all my endgame stuff (its a lot with swap gear and stuff). Then over time as I acquire cleansing cards, re-run those challenges here and there for new decks. And I definitely like that these drop anywhere, so I'm not locked in to one specific content pack to try to get these.

Having done some estimations based on purely the number of different effects (and its probably worse than that given what devs had said about chances of certain effects, I'd assume strong effects drop less frequently like myth boosts), even if these are sold in store I won't feel compelled to try to min/max this, just like I don't feel compelled to farm endlessly for a full set of perfect 1:1000 Myth/Reap boosts. I'm prob a medium spendy person though, I'll drop a few shards on re-rolls during loot boost weekends, and when I'm bored I'll hit the quests my stuff drops in a couple times.

I highly doubt there will be huge influx of capped toons running heroics to farm these as someone said. That's an extremely inefficient way to spend your time vs. running reaps at cap where you can also feed gems, get RXP, and pull Reaper frags, useful myth/reap boosts, high level augments, and rare filis.

What it will do is give people a reason to open chests when they're leveling. Prior to reaper crafting I generally didn't even open end chests while leveling, it just slowed down the xp/min. But with high value items dropping potentially anywhere, those low time investment side chests now have a purpose starting in korthos.

Contessor

I kinda of like where this system is at now. I can grind out those new challenges to curse up all my endgame stuff (its a lot with swap gear and stuff). Then over time as I acquire cleansing cards, re-run those challenges here and there for new decks. And I definitely like that these drop anywhere, so I'm not locked in to one specific content pack to try to get these.

Having done some estimations based on purely the number of different effects (and its probably worse than that given what devs had said about chances of certain effects, I'd assume strong effects drop less frequently like myth boosts), even if these are sold in store I won't feel compelled to try to min/max this, just like I don't feel compelled to farm endlessly for a full set of perfect 1:1000 Myth/Reap boosts. I'm prob a medium spendy person though, I'll drop a few shards on re-rolls during loot boost weekends, and when I'm bored I'll hit the quests my stuff drops in a couple times.

I highly doubt there will be huge influx of capped toons running heroics to farm these as someone said. That's an extremely inefficient way to spend your time vs. running reaps at cap where you can also feed gems, get RXP, and pull Reaper frags, useful myth/reap boosts, high level augments, and rare filis.

What it will do is give people a reason to open chests when they're leveling. Prior to reaper crafting I generally didn't even open end chests while leveling, it just slowed down the xp/min. But with high value items dropping potentially anywhere, those low time investment side chests now have a purpose starting in korthos.
I agree with this staement. And I would elaborate and say that cards do and should only drop in the quest pack. But I agree putting cleansers in more chests than just the pack, but maybe a minimum lvl loot requirement for it to actually drop, with a higher drop rate in higher loot tables and raids. This way you can grind cleansers outside of the pack and arent stuck grinding a single pack forever.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Allowing this system on heroic gear (with the same numerical effects mind you - which, riddle me that one why that makes sense balance wise) will discourage some reason for players to engage with this system at cap.
Huh? Applying cards to leveling gear is a waste of time because gear changes far too often. Oh boy, you got +2 stat or +1 DC on a level 5 Feywild named item rather than on one of your legendary raid items. Big whoop, the impact is negligible. It'll be replaced in a few levels by something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.