Update 66 Release Notes

Cordovan

Community Manager
Read the release notes on DDO.com.

Current Known Issues:
  • Trying to create a Dragon Lord character in Character Creation before claiming Dragon Lord for free with the NPC displays a "Get Now" button that takes you to the DDO Store instead of the Year of the Dragon reminder. Dragon Lord is not yet available in the Store and must be claimed by speaking with Xatheral in the lower level of the Eberron Hall of Heroes.
  • We are currently investigating an issue where selecting the Main Menu option from the Main Menu button inside of the game world is sometimes causing a client crash. Pressing the Escape key rather than pressing the button will provide access to the Main Menu until we get this issue fixed.
  • The Curse of the Overburdened is not currently functioning. This will be corrected in the next game update.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Sharadi threat reduction is -15% and not giving the correct -30%.
Cores that are supposed to give 5 ranged power are still only 4 ranged power.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
SLAs are doing wonky messages(not sure if there's more going on beyond the messages) with today's update. If I hit close wounds SLA on my FvS before it's off cooldown I get this message:
AQk0HC9.jpeg

If hit the mass cure SLA in exalted angel before it's off cooldown, I get this message:

Os7KVNd.jpeg

I often pound spells fast and repeatedly in hopes that they'll cast as soon as they're off cooldown and found the messages a bit a jarring and unexpected.

Edit: my SLA reconstruct is now double-casting when I hit it fast.
edit2: It's not actually double castign my reconstruct SLA. I looked closer, when the SLA goes on cooldown, the same hotbar button then fires off my spell version of it which is slotted elsewhere; it just seems to default to trying to cast the spell

Video of SLA hotbar clicking. 1st click casts the SLA, 2nd click casts the spell version.

Last edited:

Rosze

The tumble changes think could use a minor change. If you are moving a tumbling it should just keep your movement. If standing still could we still just have a hop.
Also im not quite sure how one is ment to trigger concentrated sparks if you dont take any healing spells from the tree. Feel that could very easily just be an aura effect.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Pin breaks repeater animations (doesn't do it every time I pin, but sometimes); cause a big long pause in attacks. Haven't tried other single target AoE attacks yet as my build only on has the arti AoEs and Pin. edit: arrow of discord causes the giant pause too.

Cordovan

Community Manager
To put it on the forums as well: The Curse of the Overburdened is not currently functioning on the live game worlds. This will be corrected in the next game update.

DBZ

Any time they want to remove the 33 reaper penalty

Casters are not doing 1.2 million dps crits Melees are

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
To put it on the forums as well: The Curse of the Overburdened is not currently functioning on the live game worlds. This will be corrected in the next game update.
Right, I'm going to weigh in on this as well:

It has been tested and demonstrated in the discussion for the release notes that double Curses on items can be and indeed have been caused by issues with the infamously buggy Reincarnation Cache. As things stand, players that have had such curses applied by no fault of their own stand to face the same punishment as players that exploited the system deliberately.

It's fair enough that SSG want the exploits in the system removed, but please give people a way to remove Curse of the Overburdened from items that does not include pulling an extremely rare and valuable item from a chest by sheer luck.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Right, I'm going to weigh in on this as well:

It has been tested and demonstrated in the discussion for the release notes that double Curses on items can be and indeed have been caused by issues with the infamously buggy Reincarnation Cache. As things stand, players that have had such curses applied by no fault of their own stand to face the same punishment as players that exploited the system deliberately.

I can not go into detail, but suffice it to say, it's a lot bigger than even that (TR Cache).

It's fair enough that SSG want the exploits in the system removed, but please give people a way to remove Curse of the Overburdened from items that does not include pulling an extremely rare and valuable item from a chest by sheer luck.

J1NG