Update 66 Release Notes

karthunk

Dooooooom
How is ranged performing feeling now was expecting to see a few things on that

Ranged AE felt really good on test with a leveling toon. In epics you are now able to pick up an epic attack while also having the changed hunt's end.

Yutang75

SLAs are doing wonky messages(not sure if there's more going on beyond the messages) with today's update. If I hit close wounds SLA on my FvS before it's off cooldown I get this message:
AQk0HC9.jpeg

If hit the mass cure SLA in exalted angel before it's off cooldown, I get this message:

Os7KVNd.jpeg
Yup SLAs (on cooldown) are totally borked. Stopped playing after a few minutes because it was so annoying to me.

If you trigger an SLA whilst it is on cooldown you will get one of three (that I know of outcomes)

1. "That spell is not inscribed": If the SLA is in your class(es) spell book (eg: close wounds SLA on FvS or the Savant SLAs)
2. "You can't cast spells from other classes": If the SLA is not of a normal spellbook spell of your class(es)
3. Casting the spell out of your spell book anyway! (with any metamagics at full cost)

The last one was most annoying for me, I currently have the scorch spell + SLA. If I press scorch SLA whilst on cooldown I cast regular scorch plus any metamagics I had enabled for the SLA (even if they're disabled on the spell book version)

So yeah. Off to a great start 😅

Elysoun

Mantle of the Icy Soul Bug? When ever i cast that spell on my druid, i get the debuff partially slowed, giving a -10% to Attack Speed, -25% to Movement Speed and -4 to Fortitude and Reflex Saving Throws. I have it on nearly the whole quest till i stopped putting the buff on but when i died and went back to water form it puts the buff on me then i get the debuff again till the buff wears off. I`m pretty sure it`s not meant to do that. For some reason i can not add a picture to show you what it says.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are currently investigating an issue where selecting "Main Menu" from inside of the game world is causing a client crash. Pressing the "Escape" key rather than selecting the Main Menu by pressing the Main Menu button so far appears to not be causing a client crash.

You can also use the following commands from the chat window:
/logout to get back to the character select screen
/quit to exit the game

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you could turn the brightness on the EA barrier down by 50% (maybe even more than that; 25% of current brightness?), it would be really nice. I'm enjoying using the barrier, but it's blowing my eyes out having that excessively bright spot constantly in the middle of my screen.
DgmZEDd.jpeg

MinimumPhase

Mantle of the Icy Soul Bug? When ever i cast that spell on my druid, i get the debuff partially slowed, giving a -10% to Attack Speed, -25% to Movement Speed and -4 to Fortitude and Reflex Saving Throws. I have it on nearly the whole quest till i stopped putting the buff on but when i died and went back to water form it puts the buff on me then i get the debuff again till the buff wears off. I`m pretty sure it`s not meant to do that. For some reason i can not add a picture to show you what it says.
I think that I have the same bug. If I have "Mantle of the Icy Soul" running and trigger the epic strike "White Dragon Breath," a 1:08-duration copy of "Frozen Soul" (the -25% movement speed, -10 attack speed, -4 reflex and fortitude save) debuff applied to my character.

Zaszgul

Death Aura is healing [some] enemies. All of the Red Musk Infected and Needle Blights in Thralls of the Fungus Lord were being healed by it. They are plants, not undead, so perhaps that is the root cause.

Don't know (yet) if typical undead enemies are also healed.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Death Aura is healing [some] enemies. All of the Red Musk Infected and Needle Blights in Thralls of the Fungus Lord were being healed by it. They are plants, not undead, so perhaps that is the root cause.

Don't know (yet) if typical undead enemies are also healed.
That's not new, certain mobs are zombie like-plants and get healed by negative spells.

Zaszgul

That's not new, certain mobs are zombie like-plants and get healed by negative spells.

Don't know for sure if it's new with this patch or not, but Death Aura shouldn't heal enemies regardless. Whenever it healed undead foes in the past, it was regarded as a bug and fixed.

Negative energy attack spells like Negative Energy Burst should heal enemies by design if used on the wrong enemies. But the aura is only supposed to heal friendlies.

Droomar

Another Bug (I have already submitted a ticket):
On Arty, when you cast Tenser's Transformation, the spell (not the sla) Radiant Forcefield goes in cooldown for no reasons.

popejubal

Another Bug (I have already submitted a ticket):
On Arty, when you cast Tenser's Transformation, the spell (not the sla) Radiant Forcefield goes in cooldown for no reasons.
Casing an SLA appears to also cast the spell immediately after the SLA, so something may be connecting those two spells somehow.

T.O.

Also getting a message saying you don't have the spell mats for the spell that is being cast from a scroll. Though it will still cast. More annoying than anything.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you could turn the brightness on the EA barrier down by 50% (maybe even more than that; 25% of current brightness?), it would be really nice. I'm enjoying using the barrier, but it's blowing my eyes out having that excessively bright spot constantly in the middle of my screen.
DgmZEDd.jpeg
The EA effect's excessive brightness gave me a headache after a while so I logged off. I tried messing with graphic settings to tone it down, but even making most my screen extra dark still left it way too bright (and the rest of the game too dark to even play).

Shadowalker

We are currently investigating an issue where selecting "Main Menu" from inside of the game world is causing a client crash. Pressing the "Escape" key rather than selecting the Main Menu by pressing the Main Menu button so far appears to not be causing a client crash.

You can also use the following commands from the chat window:
/logout to get back to the character select screen
/quit to exit the game
Client crashing on game splash screen, can't even log in. Have tried multiple times. Client boots up, does pre-cache, shows username and asks for password, progresses on to ask which server, after server selected screen goes black for a moment (usual) then splash screen comes up then crashes. Never gets to party where the blue loading bar at the bottom shows up or character selection screen.

Any word on that? Haven't seen anything in the Facebook group either about that happening to others.