Update 66 Release Notes

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
If you could turn the brightness on the EA barrier down by 50% (maybe even more than that; 25% of current brightness?), it would be really nice. I'm enjoying using the barrier, but it's blowing my eyes out having that excessively bright spot constantly in the middle of my screen.
DgmZEDd.jpeg
Pls do the same with reaper wings too. Or make it possible to do a scale where the brightness can be set by us. Or an UI opt. Thx!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I just checked pin on arti (after others mentioned it wasn't working) and it doesn't do any damage/effects at all; it just goes thru the fire animation without actually firing. I got so caught up on the animation issue causing the attack cycle to pause for a couple seconds and didn't even notice it was firing blanks too.

I just checked pin on arti (after others mentioned it wasn't working) and it doesn't do any damage/effects at all; it just goes thru the fire animation without actually firing. I got so caught up on the animation issue causing the attack cycle to pause for a couple seconds and didn't even notice it was firing blanks too.
This is also true with GXbow. No attack but plays animation and puts ability on CD.

Pineapple

Bug: DL ravager only requires one level of fighter for all the enhancements, including the capstone.

While it is fun to have my melee toon feel like a sorc in heroics it should probably be corrected 🙂

karthunk

Dooooooom
It has brought joy to many of their customers for several years. Removing it completely, instead of adjusting it, is considered wrong by quite a few people.

You better add VIP to another of your alts, I'm planning to quit my VIP as well.
Safe travels!

Subfive

BUG: Pin on warforged doesn't work.
tested with Arti Warfoged and Repeating crossbow, Rogue warforged with great crossbow(also tested with bow) and it just doesn't hit. You do the animation and sound of firing pin but no projectile is shot. It put the ability on cooldown and no targe take damage. Not single not AOE either

On a similar note, on Warforged Druid Bear form the new animation for quick cutter is not working(the same animation as tremor which also is not working on a Warforged Bear) the hit still go out and hit the enemies bu no visual indication that you pressed the ability and such.

Last edited:

Ykty

Clearly it has been an issue as they just changed it.

I added VIP on my alt.
They would've changed it sooner if it were an issue.

Like when they nerfed warlocks a few times after they were released, etc. They didn't wait several years until people got used to it.

Also you better buy another Ultimate Vecna XPac, because I'm not planning to buy it anymore.

And I've been telling people to try DDO because "it's the best MMORPG ever" for 15 years (at least a dozen people did), I won't be doing that anymore either.

Ptalon

What happened here?
Old: Greater Shadowform: You also gain +10 Force/Universal Spell Power. While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you float as if you had Feather Fall, gain +20 Hide and Move Silently, and no longer trigger pressure plate or bear traps. (Note: As a result of the floating, you are also immune to Trip and Knockdown effects.)

New:
  • Mantle Tier 5 upgrade's shadowy floating visual effects and feather fall moves to the T2 Mantle upgrade, Depths of Darkness.
  • New Tier 5 to replace Greater Shadowform: Unholy Feeding: On kill, you gain 5 temp HP per sneak attack dice. You also gain +10 Force and Universal Spell Power and are immune to Pressure Plates and Bear Traps.

And it despite me asking twice with no response, it does indeed appear that I lost 20 Hide/MS.

Really... really.....
&^%^%&^%

Kil

Dragon Breath now does less damage than the level 6 spell Chain Lightning. Tier 4 SLA enhancements, DBF, Meteor Swarm and more than a dozen other sub epic spells.
With a ridiculous 12 second cooldown.
Shorter range.
Worse targeting.

You decided the most powerful arcane attack power should do less than most other epic abilities.

You decided to strip the healing off the divine healing destiny's mantle, and give it 2d6 damage instead.

SO WHAT DO WE HAVE?

Dragon breath, d6+4 every 12 seconds.

Level 6 spell Chain Lightning d6+6 every 2 seconds.

Wrathful Form 2d6 every 2.5 seconds. A DIVINE HEALING DESTINY.

The sheer stupidity of this is too much to support. On top of this I'll have hours res-pending hundreds of points across over a dozen characters thanks to the massive nerfs and huge loss of healing convenience. You've lost a customer.

Last edited:

Kil

Wasn't an issue for the several years it was in effect.

I just canceled my VIP sub.

Yup, and with HP going up the relative amount it was healing was becoming ever less effective. At this point it was just a convenience for me to have to click less buttons and not a balance issue.

The fact that the HEALING DESTINY now does a 2d6 damage 2.5 second aura while the ARCANE DAMAGE destiny was nerfed to a 12 second d6+5 strike shows just how utterly up their anus they've shoved their heads.

Aelonwy

You've lost a customer.

Sadly, I don't think it matters how many customers they loose over these poor decisions. Maybe the devs themselves didn't have a choice and someone over their head had unilaterally made these decisions before it ever came to Lamannia. One thing I do know from years of experience with this game and its updates... when they make these type changes where no amount of feedback or logic or discussion has any effect... they will not walk it back, they will not ever go oopsie that was too much of a nerf... they will never come back and apologize for ignoring us no they are far, far more likely to double-down. Its take it or leave it, adapt or despair, their rules or the door. So if you can't accept being ignored, if you don't enjoy having your characters and your playstyles repeatedly nerfed or even trashed, if you don't like being told you are having your fun wrong from forumites if not literally from the devs... then this game is probably not for you.

I don't like telling fellow players if you don't like it quit... but I feel I've been told a very similar sentiment in various words for the past 10 years. And through a pattern of behavior that doesn't seem to change from the creators of this game that seems to be the message.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The fact that the HEALING DESTINY now does a 2d6 damage 2.5 second aura while the ARCANE DAMAGE destiny was nerfed to a 12 second d6+5 strike shows just how utterly up their anus they've shoved their heads.
DI's epic mantle proc does 1d6+6 every (5 second cooldown) plus 4 ticks (cause who doesn't upgrade it?). EA's epic strike is single target. Both trees bring things to the table that make them good choices. It's really not a healing destiny per se, it's pos/fire/light; so there's more to it than heals and I personally find it nice to have it as a choice vs always running a cookie cutter DI setup for damage builds.