Update 66 Release Notes

Cmecu

The removed it because it was not being used the way they intended for it to be used and made the content negligible and favor farming way too easy for the average joes, thereby making ddo points too easy to get which cuts out of the profit margin.

Edit: it also made reaper xp and loot farming easy too, all of which SSG obviously didnt like the pace at which this easy button allowed these said things to be accomplished

I am happy to see this easy button go.

It didnt see it having such a significant impact on game play. Your point about it probably cutting into profit margin. Could be.. No spell point cast to have an aura aoe heal come from you ever 4 or 5 seconds , whatever it was. Hardly a game changer mechanic wise though.

Regardless it was removed and my point I made is more towards, there are X more important things that need to be fixed in the game, and they just figure to toss this one in there. The time it takes to just think about changing stuff, could be time they try figuring out more pressing issues.
But since they did do an ED revamp and restructure, I am sure they went over all of them and said, yup this one can go.
I dont recall them saying why. Maybe they posted it some where and I didnt see it.

Reactions: DBZ

Cmecu

Of all builds , healers shouldn’t miss this at all . Just , yknow , heal.

Also I love how they gave this ability recently, but you’re so mad they take it away . Could you not heal before this ability?

My healer has never used it, it was too slow to be that useful in hard content anyway .

I dont know when they added it, I just know I have always had it since playing the healer on other account. It was a nice ability to have to fill in some of small heals to top people off with out the need to waste spell points.

It wasnt an ability that you depend on for healing, and it was never a make or break for healers. It was just a convenience to have to top people off.

GrizzlyOso

I dont know when they added it, I just know I have always had it since playing the healer on other account. It was a nice ability to have to fill in some of small heals to top people off with out the need to waste spell points.

It wasnt an ability that you depend on for healing, and it was never a make or break for healers. It was just a convenience to have to top people off.
If it doesn’t matter … who cares ?

mikarddo

It didnt see it having such a significant impact on game play. Your point about it probably cutting into profit margin. Could be.. No spell point cast to have an aura aoe heal come from you ever 4 or 5 seconds , whatever it was. Hardly a game changer mechanic wise

If it was not a game changer there would not have been such an uproar. Infact the very numbet of people complaing that it was removed clearly shows that to some players it WAS a game changer. The more such complains the more SSG is validated in their decision tp remove it.

I used it on my sorc at cap and loved it, so I miss it. But I understand why it was too good exactly becaused my sorc was not to be a passive healer of self and others.

mikarddo

It looks like the new split-off AOE version of Knight's Challenge is indeed not set up to allow movement. This has been fixed for an upcoming patch. Thank you!
Is this still broken in game? If it has been patched I may have overlooked it in the release notes.

Ykty

Of all builds , healers shouldn’t miss this at all . Just , yknow , heal.

Also I love how they gave this ability recently, but you’re so mad they take it away . Could you not heal before this ability?

My healer has never used it, it was too slow to be that useful in hard content anyway .
Guy above you said it made reaper easy and "made the content negligible"

Ykty

If it was not a game changer there would not have been such an uproar. Infact the very numbet of people complaing that it was removed clearly shows that to some players it WAS a game changer. The more such complains the more SSG is validated in their decision tp remove it.

I used it on my sorc at cap and loved it, so I miss it. But I understand why it was too good exactly becaused my sorc was not to be a passive healer of self and others.
it could have been nerfed instead of completely removed

that's how they usually handle things that they deem too great for players

but they don't usually completely remove them after not touching them for a couple years, they don't wait that long

it was completely out of the blue

The Narc

it could have been nerfed instead of completely removed

that's how they usually handle things that they deem too great for players

but they don't usually completely remove them after not touching them for a couple years, they don't wait that long

it was completely out of the blue
Nope it was good, i am told my ex guild is back to running heroics and not epics on reaper 3/4 because of the changes that removed endgame powercreep. It has had a positive change.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ