The 8th Season of the Hardcore League begins May 17th!

The Narc

I posted up screenshots of stuff from Cordo's stream today but put it in it's own thread for anyone who want's to avoid spoilers. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/hc8-rewards-sneak-peak-spoilers-inside.590/
And there it is, nothing of interest, just recoloured old rewards, its the path of least resistance and get it done as quickly as possible then back to regular gaming.

Cordovan, not sure where you thought these things would be must haves and big wants for players like Kimbere and I as well most of the crew I run with. Hope the whales keep supporting this as that at least helps the game.

Mr Blue

March 2006
And there it is, nothing of interest, just recoloured old rewards, its the path of least resistance and get it done as quickly as possible then back to regular gaming.

Cordovan, not sure where you thought these things would be must haves and big wants for players like Kimbere and I as well most of the crew I run with. Hope the whales keep supporting this as that at least helps the game.
I think allowing people who missed the bloody footprints, a shot at new footprints is cool, having them a new color is better then giving out the same thing over and over.

The new sash is ok but once again, if you have the old sash, would you use it? Not a lot here to draw in the old HC players,

I would have preferred angel or dragon wings instead of the obnoxious butterfly wings. Now that, is something I would have worked for, and they are already in the global templates so would have been a pretty easy win, without adding load to the game (angel and dragon/bat wings from Aasimar)

Spook

I dislike the cloak designs - they dont really fit well with other gear I would much prefer simpler less busy designs that you can match with other gear for a more cohesive look (or offer other cosmetics that are designed around the cloaks)

GumpsGang

No offense, but this is a really bad way to go about a hardcore season.

Many players who do hardcore like to make groups with their friends, and all of those friends want to know if they should waste their time or not. Some people need to plan their real life time out ahead of time.

This really isn't a fair way to treat players for this type of event. For many, it's going to be a hard pass if there's too many unknowns, and the only ones that lose out is SSG.
I'm looking forward to the season's start. Remember the surprise mimics that one season, what a great first day. And those hounds shaking things up .... I don't want to be spoiled, though I already have my suspicions given the common theme. We'll find out more very soon on the rewards and it will all be clear. Can't wait to die.

Batman

Cord did say that these were just "a few of the rewards..."

My spidey senses tell me that one of the other rewards may be some golden angel wings or even red dragon wings? In which case I will call off work to do this season's HC.

My guess is that the new gimmick for HC is going to revolve around the Golden curse. Maybe all the monsters in a quest are now armed with gold cursed weapons? :ROFLMAO:

GumpsGang

Cord did say that these were just "a few of the rewards..."

My spidey senses tell me that one of the other rewards may be some golden angel wings or even red dragon wings? In which case I will call off work to do this season's HC.

My guess is that the new gimmick for HC is going to revolve around the Golden curse. Maybe all the monsters in a quest are now armed with gold cursed weapons? :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking the same thing, looking at fortitude saves. How about goldcused mimics, would that be too much? 😆

Cordovan

Community Manager
Updated:

Begins May 17th at 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)!

Ends 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Wednesday, July 19th.

Here are some of the reward tiers:

1750 Favor: Glittery Golden Eyes Toggle
Reaching Level 20: Death Walkers Sash VIII
Gaining 10 Reaper Enhancement Points: Death Walker's Cloak VIII
Gaining 20 Reaper Enhancement Points: Solid Gold Mimic Creature Companion

We're starting this WEDNESDAY at 2p EASTERN!

The Narc

Updated:

Perfect, two weeks and out! Back to summer and regular gaming.

Sylvado

Updated:

Some?

Delsoboss

Updated:

So the golden footprints are not a reward anymore or will they be acquired in a different manner?

PURPLETIMB

Updated:

I don't see the golden footsteps here. Were they dropped from the list because of the shortened season? or is this part of the mystery implied with the "...some of the reward tiers" comment?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
So the golden footprints are not a reward anymore or will they be acquired in a different manner?
best guess, they're doing a token system out of the "golden chests" that you can claim them (and whatever other rewards Cordo didn't reveal).

Spook

I don't see the golden footsteps here. Were they dropped from the list because of the shortened season? or is this part of the mystery implied with the "...some of the reward tiers" comment?
5K reward wasnt listed i could see ssg saying this is too easy to attain now and raise the bar to 6k reward

Mr Blue

March 2006
Updated:

Hmm, I think if you are planning some kind of token collections for the foot prints, this will encourage multi-boxing to have all your toons pass them to your main.

Mary

Updated:

Based on these rewards - and the dragon image from the cloaks - My guess about the narrative for season 8 was the secretive organization of dragons known as the Chamber, who interpret the Draconic Prophecy and shape the world by engineering magic to guide Eberron, reached out to Mortality to deal with a rogue dragon who aims to turn all of the worlds to gold with a dragon curse. But I have no inside info and could be way off.