Recent content by Fnordian

1. F

Update Number 2! Im sure you know where this is leading to...

(Verse 1) We stand before you humbled, adventurers of renown, In the halls of Eberron, where legends oft are found. A new horizon beckons, with DDO2's embrace, Within its world, a letter penned, to honor our shared space. (Chorus) For every soul who's braved the dungeons, through trials thick...
  2. F

Update Number 2! Im sure you know where this is leading to...

Rumor has it that for every hour of DDO downtime today, players will receive a complimentary virtual pet Mimic that randomly steals items from your inventory and hides them in obscure places throughout the game world. I also heard that the developers have decided to grant every player a...
  3. F

Poll: Should SSG do something for players due to the weekend downtime?

Compensation Ideas "The Dance of the Downtime": A special emote where characters perform an exaggerated dance to celebrate surviving the downtime. It could involve comically flailing arms and legs or exaggerated movements. "The Lag Monster" Mount: A temporary mount that looks like a goofy...
  4. F

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Overheard from the server room cleaning staff: 1. "Looks like someone accidentally spilled a potion of server shutdown. Don't worry, I've got my mop ready!" 2. "Well, seems like the servers decided to take a coffee break without informing anyone. Classic!" 3. "I swear, if I find another kobold...
  5. F

Vote for a Monster!

How many heads did she have?
  6. F

Vote for a Monster!

Me too! Carrion Crawlers are definitely a very iconic monster. And pretty scary with their paralysis.
  7. F

I'm glad they changed Hunt's End

They reset Shiradi. I suppose it depends how much of a Destiny is changed or perhaps if something's removed.
  8. F

Update 66 Preview 1 - Tooltip Overhaul

Ha ha. :) I'm not talking about the ones I purchase from a vendor and then immediately inscribe. It's the ones I find in chests (especially if they aren't available at the vendors) or ones another player passes to me, or if for any reason I don't end up inscribing them right away. Also...
  9. F

Update 66 Preview 1 - Tooltip Overhaul

Lazuli said: I've been playing DDO for 14 years and I still find it difficult to determine which spell inscription material to use for a given scroll, meaning I have to go the wiki to look it up. I have not memorized it and really shouldn't have to. I would greatly welcome the actual spell...
  10. F

Please consider updating the Collectible and Gem Bags guide sometime

Sorry, added it to the original post. I had meant to include the link and then forgot. Thanks for the reminder! :)
  11. F

Please consider updating the Collectible and Gem Bags guide sometime

Back when the new DDO web site debuted I noticed there were a few guides easily accesible, including the Collectible and Gem Bag guide. Useful info for new players! Unfortunately, upon reading through it, I realized it was so out of date that the NPCs listed as the ones to get the bags from...
  12. F

Lammania Update 60 Preview 2 - XP Pass Pushed Off - But some Fixes may stick

How about replacing the conquest type base XP bonuses for killing x number of monsters with XP awarded for each monster killed based on the monster's CR rating, perhaps with an additional multiplier based on the quest level?
  13. F

Change to Dungeon Alert

SUGGESTION: Add a substantial XP Speed Bonus for players who strive to complete quests quickly and don't end up killing most of the mobs. If Dungeon Alert is triggered they lose some or all of the bonus, depending on alert level: Green -25% Yellow -50% Orange -75% Red -100%
  14. F

DDO Store Sales: June 1st - 8th

The code still needs to be corrected on the actual DDO Store Sales: June 1st - 8th News Page (luckily, I just thought to check the forums, but not everyone will)
  15. F

What is broken and has not been fixed? Chronically broken.

Yes. Sadly, pets seem to be a low priority most of the time (although they did do that one revamp that automated the pet abilities on level-up instead of having to pick and choose with points, which was nice, and I think they fixed a "brain dead" bug or two...so I'm thankful for that). Anyway...