Recent content by Rathy

1. R

Does Anyone Ever Use DDO to Substitute the Experience of a PnP Session as I think the Game may have Originally be Intended for?

The closest my static group gets to PnP while playing DDO is going blind into new-to-us content (using our own house-rules permadeath game style). But they know even less about the game then I do so we have lots of quests left to do. I'm the most 'spoiled' in my group because my HC 5K favor...
  2. R

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Hahahaha, no I did not read the posts above mine! Summary: I see no reason to keep my VIP going after my static group earns the ability to open Elite for themselves. Three items (spell swapping, shared bank storage, and crafting token chance) are minor yays! from me but that is it. BTW I...
  3. R

Updates! It's been a while but I tend to mainly read/post when there is an HC season running...

Updates! It's been a while but I tend to mainly read/post when there is an HC season running and HC9 is long dead! But we hit our group goals so that was grand and now we wait for a year or so until the next one. I don't really mind the wait but I hope season 10 is something scary deadly...
  4. R

HC9 update. Our 3-person Static group crossed 1250 favor!!! So Fancy Hats, tasty medals, and...

HC9 update. Our 3-person Static group crossed 1250 favor!!! So Fancy Hats, tasty medals, and pictures of it all were worn, eaten, and taken--which I'll spare you! This accomplishment is a big win for our HC group since we are a fine definition of slow-pokey play! With an...
  5. R

A Look at 2024, Year of the Dragon! - Producer's Letter

I dunno, when I told my group about the letter contents, they mostly shrugged. New quests they liked, the raid is meaningless to us of course, but they are premium so not sure if the new quests will be free or not. ED changes are meaningless to us so noone cared. New races, archtypes etc. no...
  6. R

Kali's Top 10 Suggestions for MELEE defensiveness & survival (also useful for Hard Core)

Hi! Great list! Thank you very much for putting it together!! I would add (for heroics I dunno about above level 20 really: Potion of Lesser Restoration (market or trade in prayer beads in harbor). I have seen people die/go helpless because of repeated stat drain (like shadows or even...
  7. R

Active is good, right?

Active is good, right?
  8. R

DDO Store working?

Same with me! Booooo! Oh well, do I really need to buy the 100% fort from the store or do I just walk over a vendor for shards on HC server?
  9. R

HC9 Update. Gear at 16th level. Just a snapshot: [MEDIA] I'm 18th level now. I just needed...

HC9 Update. Gear at 16th level. Just a snapshot: I'm 18th level now. I just needed to equip a ghost touch item to do The cursed Crypt. Haha, I am such a very good player! ;) I now just need one 14th level to advance but I died (again!) last weekend in a mirror trap in the Mines of Teth...
  10. R

RNG revamp - clear out some nonsensical combinations

Huh, based on my extensive research, I believe that DDO's magical gear is made by drunken wizards (i.e. the DDO random-loot generator). Mostly junk but an occasional gem! And for fun, a visual of those wizards!
  11. R

Crafting is getting insane

I view all the different crafting systems from a role-playing perspective. That is, it is all very magical and most magical systems are very complicated, obscure, and require specialized knowledge to use. So the many different DDO crafting systems makes sense to my characters! But from a...
  12. R

Thank you Standing Stone Games! <3 xxx

Ha ha! Fun videos! :) And yes, playing in groups is the best! I am sure you know but for easy PUB fun, play on the Hardcore server! Especially heroic there are lots of groups and everyone (mostly) is very nice!
  13. R

HC9 Update. I'm stuck at level 16 with only the Cursed Crypt to do! And I can't get it done...

HC9 Update. I'm stuck at level 16 with only the Cursed Crypt to do! And I can't get it done. You can't kill more than 4 Flame Folks and that is where I am really failing. And of course, it's a flagged quest so I suppose it is not that odd I can't seem to find a group. So I try solo time...
  14. R

Really? The Jump Cakes?

Don't forget about the +20 jump pots available in the Harbor from Amber vial collectable turn-ins! Cheap and easy and even 1st level characters can farm collectables & use these pots too!!
  15. R

HC9 update: I finished the Red Dragon raid and took level 15! [MEDIA] Of course, of course, I...

HC9 update: I finished the Red Dragon raid and took level 15! Of course, of course, I borked my Sat attempt! I mean, we finished the pre-raid and I was taking pictures as one does and then I was alone. So I recalled. :eek: And thus got locked out of the raid! Sigh. Another embarrassing...