Search results

1. Myosin

DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

I always feel DDO is about to take its last breath - that one day they'll just close it down out of the blue - but I've been feeling that since 2014. I am starting to feel they want me to feel that. I think the economic cartels behind the game conglomerate companies don't want people playing...
  2. Myosin

Ah man I just remembered I bid 4 astral shards Friday on a blueshine qstaff which aren't that rare but I still need one.
  3. Myosin

Nobody values my time nearly so much as I do which is otherwise good for me to play DDO when I want.
  4. Myosin

Dragonlord was free to anyone who login and claim it.
  5. Myosin

Most companies of significant size are run by people who depend on their diverse stock portfolios - not on the company performance. Only wage/salary workers depend on the company staying afloat.
  6. Myosin

Imagine calling a studio with licenses from both WotC and Tolkien "indie."
  7. Myosin

Discerning tastes this one.
  8. Myosin

I stopped playing in like 2014 for several years cause of paranoia that DDO was on its last leg held together with duct tape and chewing gum. These kind of "oh the entire game is down? we'll get it up in a few days" events aren't anything new.
  9. Myosin

Boy when I saw the servers were down right about before noon I didn't expect they'd be down all weekend. I mean, I'm used to DDO becoming entirely broke at a moment's notice but it sure highlights how I need to find some other game that I get comparable grinding pleasure out of. Maybe I should...
  10. Myosin

Last update's FPS fix seemed to have fixed more than just that.

I had the "arbitrary" game freeze again while doing partycrashers last night (the same type of one that would occur when opening adventure compendium/destiny/enhancements windows for the first time). It always has seemed to be related to loading something that's not in memory. Anyway, it...
  11. Myosin

Last update's FPS fix seemed to have fixed more than just that.

I used to get an occasional freeze at seemingly arbitrarily points in the game. This freeze could last anywhere from 15 to 30 or more seconds. I could force the freeze by opening a UI element like the adventure compendium which would take like 30 seconds to appear - same with epic destiny and...
  12. Myosin

Devs, you fixing the frame rate issue?

I am trying to do the anniversary event which has like 8 loading screens not counting enter and exit. I think each of these loading screens contributes to frame drop so after 3 anniversary runs I'm already noticing the lag. It starts to be unmanagable on the 4th and 5th run where I have no...
  13. Myosin

After last patch the game performance is degraded with low FPS

Am I correct in understanding this issue doesn't exist on the 32 bit client which is why the problem is still unresolved? Most people use 32 bit? I mean, they're acting on Twitter and stuff like the game isn't basically in what would be considered "unplayable state." Or is the bug not...
  14. Myosin

Frame rate issue is not limited to changing areas

Yes, they have left the game in what any company would consider "unplayable state" for several days now.
  15. Myosin

I just tested this, confirm that it increases the frame rate drop repeatedly hiding and unhiding the UI
  16. Myosin

Nah, I mean I have physical malady that prevents me from sitting upright for an extended period of time as I generally need to play a game as keyboard intensive as DDO comfortably. It is just apparently a bad time for me to try to play again but I don't have that d12 teleporter (or any other...
  17. Myosin

I'm so depressed. I've felt too sick to even sit up to play video games for a year and this month I've been feeling better so I thought I'd give DDO a shot which I've been yearning to do. But, unfortunately the frame rate is miserable. My DDO client is running at 1.7 GB ram, 17% CPU, 30% GPU...
  18. Myosin

Golden Greaves Drop on Epic?

Well, just got em after first heroic run after my last reply. I usually save my token quests for epic rather than heroic on TRs (so I'm always gaining favor) and this is the first time I've ever seen them drop so I guess we'll not be able to determine if they drop on epic for sure or not...
  19. Myosin

Fair enough, the only named gear I've ever tried to get was wilderness or from the raid so I guess I didn't notice (not counting the golden greaves). Ok - I guess I'll do heroic from now on to be on the safe side. I understand the zerg to the minotaur method but since I'm halfway done by that...
  20. Myosin

Simple question: Do Golden Greaves drop on Epic Burning City? As far as I've seen, the regular ~lvl 11 gear drops on Epic in Menechtarun, but Golden Greaves are kinda a strange item that aren't really "main Menechtarun loot" (you can't buy them from the vendor unlike everything else and they...