Search results

1. Xezon

New player, first life need help and some wisdom.

DDO is not the easiest F2P game. It is close to rivaling Wizard 101 for Free to Play in name only (Not quite as bad since more content has been made free over time, but once upon a time it was a close rival). Grab any free quest coupons when they come up. For leveling and grinding purposes, I...
  2. Xezon

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

I can honestly say that after reading through all of the new VIP benefits my reaction was solidly: "Oh. A bunch of cosmetics. Where's the actual benefits?" Is that's why you decided to call them "loyalty rewards," cause there's really no benefit to having them? Joking aside, I don't really see...
  3. Xezon

Lamannia Update 64+ Preview 1 - NOW OPEN

I'm quite happy with these smaller more frequent updates. Seems like a lot of bug squashing lately and trickling in new content. I will never complain about new stuff to run. I'm definitely looking forward to some new arch types, and hope to see some new ones come soon, but things like legendary...
  4. Xezon

Update 63 Preview 1: Deck of Many Curses

I personally am not a reaper gear grinder, but I would still argue that at the bare minimum there should be a remove and retry option, even if it's like the augment system where you need a certain item to remove the curse. Something like a Cleanse Curse Card. Grinding would still be required...
  5. Xezon

Archmage is finally starting to get nice...

I've played all kinds of spell casters through 34 LE content, including a Force dedicated AM and now a DC dedicated AM (thanks to this update). Anything over Elite is less of a matter of balance and more a matter of what is Meta. I don't think anyone will argue that Archmage Wizards are meta...
  6. Xezon

Archmage is finally starting to get nice...

I've done a Force only evocation AM before. After the reduction in MM cost, it definitely feels better than it did. It was more of a thematic character than a power house, but it's still decent. Being able to now use multile copies of Chain Missiles, Meta-Magiced Force Missiles, and two copies...
  7. Xezon

not enough spell points while leveling?

Efficient metamagic stacking in the Blightcaster/Druid trees goes a long way too. Between Efficient MM Maximize/Empower and gear sets (such as those from Sharn/Cogs) that give efficient MM can make it so that you can cast spell book spells for near base cost while still getting the MM boosts...
  8. Xezon

ED Paywall VS Universal Enhancement Paywall (Opinion)

I wouldn't either and actually support that idea. It's sort of like the releasing of new classes. I was surprised that ANY were free to be completely honest because of how much of a hassle making new classes (even from existing ones) can be. If mini/full expansions were how you gained access to...
  9. Xezon

Firstly, Nowhere did I say that I expect it to be free nor even insinuate it. In fact if you read my post, I reiterated that I'm aware it will be available for purchase separately and am fine with that. What I was saying is that it is an odd choice to me to initially gate an Epic Destiny behind...
  10. Xezon

While this mini expansion is underwhelming for the price there is one thing that sticks out to me as being a little worrisome (other than the lack of value for the highest level of supporter pack). Machrotechnic is gated behind an expansion paywall. Machrotechnic being the long awaited and...
  11. Xezon

Vecna Unleashed Mini Expansion.

I'm the opposite. I get zero benefit from Raids and this will be the first expansion since MotU that I will not be purchasing. Also, on a related but sorta not note. I very VERY VERY highly dislike the precedent being set on the new Epic Destiny being gated behind an expansion paywall...
  12. Xezon

Macrotechnic in Arcane instead of Martial Sphere on wiki?

Very this. Once things hit the live server then we can figure out where pages best fit for flow and searching. If something seems out of place for searching or linking we can evaluate from there. If more information is needed for additional clarity, that is easily added, but we don't want to...
  13. Xezon

Past Life Feats : Blightcaster

Thanks for catching that. I've added the past life feat to the table and created the page for the past life as well.
  14. Xezon

[Very] Out of date builds - remove?

The builds notice is a good start, but then that requires going through all the builds on the wiki and marking which are obsolete and which are still valid by testing or verifying in-game viability. Personally, I'd be fine with the removal of builds on the wiki period. I don't think the wiki is...
  15. Xezon

A Greeting From The DDO Wiki!

The good news is that there is an undo, should you make an error and things go sideways you can always undo your revisions up to and including restoring a page back to a previous version should the page break. I'm an editor and spend quite a bit of time accuracy testing things between patch...
  16. Xezon

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, May 10th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Correct. Dave Arneson's is in Threnal and Gary Gygax's is in Delara's. Rest in Peace HumbleFair. This is very kind and considerate of SSG to add this.
  17. Xezon

Gianthold Feast or Famine

Where to start? 1) Reporting a Bug is a way of discussing a Bug. How are you going to discuss a bug without it being publically reported? 2) A bug report was submitting in game using the help menu/bug report, the bug number has been updated in the main thread. It was listed as report 0 as i was...
  18. Xezon

Gianthold Feast or Famine

The quest Feast or Famine in Gianthold is not automatically picking up as a walk up to as it should, preventing completion of the saga. I'm on a blightcaster running with an arty. Not sure if it makes any difference or not, but it won't give either of us the quest to be able to share with the...
  19. Xezon

No separate Dev tracker for Lam?

I would push this as well and say it's not something that "can" be looked into, it's something that "Needs" to be looked into. When dealing with Lamannia post I first check the original post, then any dev posts to make sure I'm not double covering something they're said is already being...
  20. Xezon

Are past lives overrated?

This was going to be my input as well. Racial Past lives can up up builds that aren't feasible otherwise. This is especially true for Arcane Archer cross overs. Are Past Lives the end all be all of power? No. Far from. You can have a powerful character with good gear and no past lives and do...