DDO Character Planner

Sheikra

Everyone gets 4 destiny points per level above 20, for a current max of 48 at level 32.
If you have the fatespinner send you to the junction of the spheres and 'redeem' all of the Epic Destiny types then you get 3 FATE points per destiny... with 13 EDs that comes out to 39 fate points total. Every three fate points also give you one additional destiny point... so redeeming all the epic destinies will give you 13 additional destiny points. 48 + 13 = 61. A +1 destiny tome raises that to 62.

Going forward there are a few additional tomes you can use to increase your values (by up to 3 fate points and 3 destiny points total) and you will get one fate point (i.e. 1/3 of a destiny point) for every 3 epic past life feats you acquire. You also get 1 destiny point each time you achieve epic completionist... which requires 12 epic past life feats. So basically, additional destiny points at past life feat totals of 9, 12, 18, 24, 27, 36 (x2), 45, 48, and 54... which is the current maximum number possible. That all comes out to 75 destiny points maximum.

Finally, when the level cap is raised that will provide four more destiny points per additional level possible.
I appreciate the response, although it was not an answer to my problem. However, I did figure out the solution; in the builder you have to go in and click on all of the destinies in order to get their points added. I figured this was where the issue was, but I didn't realize how to do it until someone let me know I literally just needed to click them all haha.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I'm having an issue with the textboxes and images being too small to see on my computer. Is there any way to make the icons/images and the sections of tables bigger?
Not the windows they're in, I can change those, but the images themselves. For example, in the How To Guide, the enhancement/epic destiny trees are tall enough that you could stack maybe two to fill the height of the screen, and the Class and Levels table is clearly legible, but when I open the program, the trees are so small you would need three/four, and the tables rows are squished together. The pop-up boxes are for the most part fine, it's the main display that's the issue.
Also in the How To Guide it says "By default the first time you run DDOBuilder you get a default screen layout optimised for a standard screen display of 1920 by 1080.", so I'm thinking this might be a default setting that's the issue for my computer? But then there's nowhere in the guide that says how to change the program's resolution. I can't seem to find a relevant line in the .ini config settings, and I'm not sure where else to look.
This looks like an incredible, really helpful program, and I am in awe of how much work must've been put in. I would love to use it, but I can't figure out how to fix the screen display. Am I missing a setting, or is there a work around for this?
Anything in the program that uses bitmaps are currently hard coded to match the bitmap sizes. The issue you have is that you're running in a very large screen resolution ans everything gets proportionally smaller because of this. Theres not much you (or I) can do about this sadly.

I want to create an item data base of named items and be able to filter for items that I own. So I would need to be able to flag items as I acquire them and then be able to filter for the items I own.

On top of that I want the database to be able to show which mule I have stored the item so I can find it easily if I want to use it.

I'm posting here because I am wondering how the item database for the builder is acquired. Is it an export directly from the game files, or the wiki? If anyone would be kind enough to explain how this could be done, as if I am an idiot (because I am), I would very much appreciate it.
Currently I have to create every item manually for DDOBuilder, and that is also why its limited to level 20+ gear (except for some exceptions).
The features you want are slated to be in DDOBuilder V2 which is currently under development (see my signature). Unfortunately, the ability to in effect keep inventory gears for specific character names is not yet implemented for that as I am currently trying to get BuilderV2 to work as much as V1. (As it allows planning at any level and has all the named items (currently 7105 items)).

I've got a long-term issue where I have never been able to get the epic destiny points to match the in-game amount. Currently, I have 51 allotted points on the builder (for my first life with a +1 destiny tome), and in-game I have 61 or 62. Anyone know how to get this sorted out? I was guessing it might have something to do with having to 'redeem' the points by going around that area via the fatespinner, but not sure!
As mentioned by CBDunk in the previous post, Destiny Points are acquired from various sources, which I have tried to model in the builder. To get what you see in game make sure you have:

All relevant Epic Past Lives setup
All Epic Destinies Claimed
Any all Destiny/Fate point tomes applied

Note that there is a breakdown that shows where your U51 Destiny points are coming from, which may help you trouble shoot the discrepancy.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I appreciate the response, although it was not an answer to my problem. However, I did figure out the solution; in the builder you have to go in and click on all of the destinies in order to get their points added. I figured this was where the issue was, but I didn't realize how to do it until someone let me know I literally just needed to click them all haha.
Looks like you missed the "Claim all the destinies step". This is required in the builder as you have to claim them in game also. So its done to match possible conditions that can happen in game.

Itkovian

Currently I have to create every item manually for DDOBuilder, and that is also why its limited to level 20+ gear (except for some exceptions).
The features you want are slated to be in DDOBuilder V2 which is currently under development (see my signature). Unfortunately, the ability to in effect keep inventory gears for specific character names is not yet implemented for that as I am currently trying to get BuilderV2 to work as much as V1. (As it allows planning at any level and has all the named items (currently 7105 items)).

Meatrim thank you for your response. That is insane that you create each item manually. Kudos to you and a big thank you for all the hard work you do.

Seigebrisbane

Anything in the program that uses bitmaps are currently hard coded to match the bitmap sizes. The issue you have is that you're running in a very large screen resolution ans everything gets proportionally smaller because of this. Theres not much you (or I) can do about this sadly.

As mentioned by CBDunk in the previous post, Destiny Points are acquired from various sources, which I have tried to model in the builder. To get what you see in game make sure you have:

All relevant Epic Past Lives setup
All Epic Destinies Claimed
Any all Destiny/Fate point tomes applied

Note that there is a breakdown that shows where your U51 Destiny points are coming from, which may help you trouble shoot the discrepancy.
Very excited to hear about a V2! I also would love just a simple check-box that could be ticked beside named items to track if I owned the item. I'm not as worried about being able to track its actual location on a mule, but simply know if I own it or not

Oliphant

Only recent starting using your DDO Character Builder. Great tool! I'm using the December 11, 2023 version and it does not seem to have the Legendary Ring of the Altered Soul seems to be missing.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Only recent starting using your DDO Character Builder. Great tool! I'm using the December 11, 2023 version and it does not seem to have the Legendary Ring of the Altered Soul seems to be missing.
It seems i missed a few of the U63 items. These will be added in the next version, but my current focus is V2 atm.
All I can say is Soon™

Vevenna

Ah, that actually explains a few things about another program too. Thank you for your answer, I'll try and work out something.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.198 Now Available

A few missing items and some fixes for things spotted as wrong when comparing to builder V2.

Fix: Fate Point feats at levels 28,29 and 30 now grant the correct type of fate point
Fix: "Grandmaster of Flowers: Disciple of Philosophy" now correctly awards 1 Spell Resistance and 15 Hitpoints
Fix: Tabaxi: Nimble Cat I and Tabaxi: Improved Nimble Cat now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
Fix: Tabaxi Trailblazer: Instinct I and Tabaxi Trailblazer: Improved Instincts now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
Fix: Item "Page Regalia: Divinity's Hand" now has the correct Fire/Light spell power not 215819 (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Deepwood Stalker: Heavy Draw is now affected by bonuses to PA from enhancements in Ravager, Bladeforged, Half-Orc, Warforged and Legendary Dreadnought trees (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
New: Shadowblade self buff added (Requested by Edrein)
New: Mage Armor self buff added (Requested by Edrein)
Fix: Legendary Dreadnought: Epic Tactics no longer erroneously affects Assassinate (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Sacred Defender: Redemption will now also add the spells to the Sacred Fist spell book (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Fury of the Wild: Primal Scream bonuses are now correctly typed Morale, not Destiny (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Cannith crafted items can now have a Deck Curse augment (Reported by rosstracy)
Fix: Item "Legendary University Bulwark's Reinforced Shirt" now has the correct name (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: "Vistani: One With Blades" description fixed (Reported by thomas-langworthy)
Fix: "Elemental Damage" can now be selected multiple times in the Elf/Arcane Archer trees (Reported by Mummykiller and SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Feat "Past Life: Cleric (Dark Apostate)" now correctly also awards 5 Negative spell power per stack
Fix: "Ocean Stance" now correctly awards 2 Dodge Cap at tier 1 (text and effects updated)
Fix: The "Dodge" feat no longer awards 1 AC bonus (Bug fixed in game)
Fix: Stormsinger: Efficient Metamagics I/II now correctly cost 2ap per tier and are single tier (Reported by Aaumini)
Fix: Spellsinger and Stormsinger "Shout" and "Sonic Blast" are now correctly mutually exclusive (Reported by DougSK)

Items: (Requested or reported missing by SpartanKiller13
---Nightforge Spike (Dart - level 8)
---Legendary Ring of the Altered Soul (Ring) (Also reported missing by Oliphant)
---Legendary Severed Tentacle (Trinket)
---Legendary Pearl of Telepathic Seeking (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of the Unlocked Mind (Ring)
---Legendary Illithid Hunter's Signet (Ring)
---Legendary Jar of Brain Essence (Trinket)
---Legendary Pearl of Uncanny Prediction (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of the Transformed Voice (Ring)
---Legendary Fragment of a Flayed Mind (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of Unbridled Might (Ring)
---Legendary Illithid Charms (Trinket)

Link in signature.

davidcysero

Build 1.0.0.198 Now Available

A few missing items and some fixes for things spotted as wrong when comparing to builder V2.

Fix: Fate Point feats at levels 28,29 and 30 now grant the correct type of fate point
Fix: "Grandmaster of Flowers: Disciple of Philosophy" now correctly awards 1 Spell Resistance and 15 Hitpoints
Fix: Tabaxi: Nimble Cat I and Tabaxi: Improved Nimble Cat now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
Fix: Tabaxi Trailblazer: Instinct I and Tabaxi Trailblazer: Improved Instincts now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
Fix: Item "Page Regalia: Divinity's Hand" now has the correct Fire/Light spell power not 215819 (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Deepwood Stalker: Heavy Draw is now affected by bonuses to PA from enhancements in Ravager, Bladeforged, Half-Orc, Warforged and Legendary Dreadnought trees (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
New: Shadowblade self buff added (Requested by Edrein)
New: Mage Armor self buff added (Requested by Edrein)
Fix: Legendary Dreadnought: Epic Tactics no longer erroneously affects Assassinate (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Sacred Defender: Redemption will now also add the spells to the Sacred Fist spell book (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Fury of the Wild: Primal Scream bonuses are now correctly typed Morale, not Destiny (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Cannith crafted items can now have a Deck Curse augment (Reported by rosstracy)
Fix: Item "Legendary University Bulwark's Reinforced Shirt" now has the correct name (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
Fix: "Vistani: One With Blades" description fixed (Reported by thomas-langworthy)
Fix: "Elemental Damage" can now be selected multiple times in the Elf/Arcane Archer trees (Reported by Mummykiller and SpartanKiller13)
Fix: Feat "Past Life: Cleric (Dark Apostate)" now correctly also awards 5 Negative spell power per stack
Fix: "Ocean Stance" now correctly awards 2 Dodge Cap at tier 1 (text and effects updated)
Fix: The "Dodge" feat no longer awards 1 AC bonus (Bug fixed in game)
Fix: Stormsinger: Efficient Metamagics I/II now correctly cost 2ap per tier and are single tier (Reported by Aaumini)
Fix: Spellsinger and Stormsinger "Shout" and "Sonic Blast" are now correctly mutually exclusive (Reported by DougSK)

Items: (Requested or reported missing by SpartanKiller13
---Nightforge Spike (Dart - level 8)
---Legendary Ring of the Altered Soul (Ring) (Also reported missing by Oliphant)
---Legendary Severed Tentacle (Trinket)
---Legendary Pearl of Telepathic Seeking (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of the Unlocked Mind (Ring)
---Legendary Illithid Hunter's Signet (Ring)
---Legendary Jar of Brain Essence (Trinket)
---Legendary Pearl of Uncanny Prediction (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of the Transformed Voice (Ring)
---Legendary Fragment of a Flayed Mind (Trinket)
---Legendary Ring of Unbridled Might (Ring)
---Legendary Illithid Charms (Trinket)

Link in signature.
downloaded this version and after i boot it up lots of missing images please fix

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
As a note, the builder releases are setup to be extracted into the same folder as the previous release, This will in effect just apply the upgrades only. Your settings will not be lost as those are in a dynamically created file that is never replaced/

Aaumini

As a note, the builder releases are setup to be extracted into the same folder as the previous release, This will in effect just apply the upgrades only. Your settings will not be lost as those are in a dynamically created file that is never replaced/
Thanks for clarifying :)

I keep different folders with the different versions which would explain why I'm missing some files from a previous release.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 1.0.0.199 Now Available

This release brings various report bug fixes and the addition of the new "Dragon Lord" Archetype that is previewing on Lamannia at the moment.

Fix: Druid/Ranger/Warlock Archetypes should now be correctly class restricted when the other class is trained
Fix: Feats "Improved Martial Arts" and "Vorpal Strikes" can now be selected by level 12+ Sacred Fists
Fix: "Morgrave University Favor Rewards" rank 3 save bonus will now appear in the saves breakdowns
Fix: Dethek Runestone "Stone Paws" ffect should now apply in any animal form (Reported by Huntxrd)
Fix: Feat "Soothing Song" is no longer erroneosuly given to Stormsingers at level 8 (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Enhancement "Spellsinger: Advanced Musical Studies" will now grant the spell to a Spellsinger at spell level 5 (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Enhancement "Spellsinger: Maestro of Life and Death" will now grant the spells Heal and Wail of the Banshee to a Spellsinger at spell level 6 (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Feat "Ballad Melody: Greatness" is no longer erroneosuly given to Stormsingers at level 9 (Reported by Daawsomeone)
Fix: Feat "Improved Inspire Courage" is no longer erroneosuly given to Stormsingers at level 14 (Reported by Daawsomeone)
New: Holy Sword is now a selectable optional buff (Code changes supplied by YoureNotDead)
Fix: "Divine crusader: Blessed Blades" effects should now apply more reliably (Code changes supplied by YoureNotDead)
Fix: "Exalted Angel: Metamagic Attunement II" option "Epic Empower Healing" now correctly costs 2dp (Reported by imyopop)

New: Dragon Lord archetype class added
------"Tower Shield Proficiency" is now a fighter bonus feat (only affects Dragon Lords)
------New feat groupings IsMinorDragonLordAura, IsMajorDragonLordAura and IsSuperiorDragonLordAura added
---Dragon Lord Class skills set
------Concentration
------Diplomacy
------Heal
------Intimidate
---Dragon Lord feat Types added
------MinorDragonLordAura
------MajorDragonLordAura
------SuperiorDragonLordAura
---Dragon Lord feats added:
------Past Life: Fighter (Dragon Lord)
------Aussircaex's Defiance (Minor)
------Nevalarich's Hunger (Minor)
------Thraxata's Instinct (Minor)
------Velah's Fury (Major)
------Sinvala's Toughness (Major)
------Eternity's Ward (Major)
------The Truthful One's Might (Superior)
------Aurgloroasa's Ascendend Wrath (Superior)
------Kor Kaza's Forbidden Power (Superior)
---Dragon Lord automatic feats
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Battle Axe
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Falchion
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Axe
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Club
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Sword
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Hand Axe
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Pick
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Kukri
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Light Hammer
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Light Pick
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longbow
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Maul
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Scimitar
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Shortbow
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Axe
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Hammer
------Martial Weapon Proficiency: Warhammer
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Club
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Dagger
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Dart
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Crossbow
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Heavy Mace
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Light Crossbow
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Light Mace
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Morningstar
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Quarterstaff
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Sickle
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Throwing Dagger
------Simple Weapon Proficiency: Unarmed
------Heavy Armor Proficiency
------Medium Armor Proficiency
------Light Armor Proficiency
------Second Wind
---Enhancement trees added:
------Dragon Lord
------Ravager (Fighter)
---Enhancement trees updated
------Stalwart Defender now compatible with Dragon Lord class
------Barbarian Ravager is now mutually exclusive with Dragon Lord: Ravager

Link in signature as always.

Tremes

Updated to latest build, but now all the images for enhancements and destinies are missing? Did I somehow delete a file? Also unable to load new equipment.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Updated to latest build, but now all the images for enhancements and destinies are missing? Did I somehow delete a file? Also unable to load new equipment.
Is this build 1.0.0.199? I just checked the .zip file I uploaded and it does appear to be correct. The previous version 1.0.0.198 I had missed the enhancement images in the .zip file.

Also, if you are not able to see any gear, its worth checking that the "Load Gear" in the settings menu has a check mark next to it.

QuantumFX

It doesn't appear that the 1.0.0.199 builder allows a Dragonlord to take take Weapon Specializations or Imp/Greater Weapon Focus. They were allowed to do this in-game on both Lamannia previews. Also, how do you prefer to get bug reports?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
It doesn't appear that the 1.0.0.199 builder allows a Dragonlord to take take Weapon Specializations or Imp/Greater Weapon Focus. They were allowed to do this in-game on both Lamannia previews. Also, how do you prefer to get bug reports?
I'll get this fixed for the next version.

Bug reporting can be here in this thread or on the GitHub repository.