DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Douglas Glyndwr

Bard Life
Next time SSG should leave the servers down for an extra day or two, rather than bring them up immediately once things were fixed; it'll throw off all the conspiracy folks about them not working over the weekend...
No. They don't deserve the level of vitriol they've gotten here. Personally, they can shut the game down to save them the trouble from this now entirely too toxic fan base. I can always find something else to do now. I'll miss the game, but I certainly won't miss the forums.

Kimbere

I don't need to prove it, sir.

The game was brought up as soon as they came into the office and then nothing at all was said other than see you in game!

In any case, I have this bridge...
Gee, I said on Sunday it would get fixed on Monday about lunchtime after everybody came in Monday morning and it was actually being worked on. I might think otherwise if there was any useful info other than "it is being worked on" provided
Certain things related to the client connectivity changed over the course of the weekend that generally lined up with what little detail SSG did provide. If you knew what to look for, it was obvious somebody was working on at least some part of the problem.

Granted, you tend to get stuck with the B team when dealing with vendors' afterhours and weekend/holiday support. So it's entirely possible it didn't get fixed as quickly as it could/should have, but not because they weren't working on it until this morning.

But hey, who am I to get in the way of your completely uninformed armchair quarterbacking and conspiracy theories. Carry on.

Last edited:

Volarr

I think we got off lucky. Everything seems to be where we left it. No roll back or lost items, on the players end when something like this downtime happens I really don't worry about what time it takes to get back in. I worry about the things I worked so hard to get might be lost.

Sylvado

It's like a merry-go-round. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding how we became the dominant species on this planet. Enjoy the game folks. I'm done ranting.
You can't expect all of us to be equal to your level of intellect.

The Narc

Certain things related to the client connectivity changed over the course of the weekend that generally lined up with what little detail SSG did provide. If you knew what to look for, it was obvious somebody was working on at least some part of the problem.

Granted, you tend to get stuck with the B team when dealing with vendors' afterhours and weekend/holiday support. So it's entirely possible it didn't get fixed as quickly as it could/should have, but not because they weren't working on it until this morning.

But hey, who am I to get in the way of your completely uninformed armchair quarterbacking and conspiracy theories. Carry on.
Lol photos or it didnt happen

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Frantik

Next time SSG should leave the servers down for an extra day or two, rather than bring them up immediately once things were fixed; it'll throw off all the conspiracy folks about them not working over the weekend...
Do you think the hamsters are ok?

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
New in 2025: Major MMO companies and other companies are now legally required to live stream their attempts to repair or restore service to anything that affects more than 20 people for outages lasting more than 1 hour or any unexpected outages.

These livestreams will be hosted on the newly launched services WHYISITOFF.COM and you can join for the subscription fee of $20/month or get a yearly subscription for $200 saving $40 for the ENTIRE YEAR. Act now the website and make believe operators are standing by.

Kathwynn

Do you think the hamsters are ok?
Yeah, no one is thinking of the poor hamsters.. Grease the wheels? sure. Feed them a little energy drink now and then. OK. Take the time to find out if they need to talk or just have someone listen. Not a chance. No wonder the game went down..........

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If I was in charge of social media posts, this is what I would have posted this morning...
20kDpi6.png

which explains why no one puts me in charge of social media content. :giggle:

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Yeah, no one is thinking of the poor hamsters.. Grease the wheels? sure. Feed them a little energy drink now and then. OK. Take the time to find out if they need to talk or just have someone listen. Not a chance. No wonder the game went down..........
Wake up people.

There are no hamsters.

That's just what they want you to think.

The bugs are in control.

And they have been right from the start.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

Hey everyone, just a quick update! I have confirmed that we are extending the VIP Daily Gold Rolls until 4/26.

Plus, be on the lookout for something extra coming from us as a way of saying thank you for your patience!
More important than the gold roll is to extend the subscription for two days since you have not provided service for two days. Turbine always did this, I don't understand why you guys don't do it.