Dragon's Hoard locations

Crell_1

They really need to make pieces bind to account since they're exclusive and 7 different pieces. Just in case you manage to miss one leveling up. You'd still have to level into the range but you have a little safety net for getting nuked in a different quest on your way back.

I also suspect that unless they hard-coded the optionals to be always on when they normally aren't it won't be in anything like the muck-breaker in waterworks...

MrDorak

2HR83oA.jpg

3rd piece found in Mired in Kobolds's Mama Optional

LrdSlvrhnd

Do we have the second piece to verify that ? I say that because we've had Someone, Misadventure, as actual character names in past seasons.
Yes, both second and third said that as well. So unless the same someone named Someone found all three, I think it's safe to say they're just leaving the name out.

TrinityTurtle

I like this idea but I really really really hope the devs thought this through and put options to collect the pieces at a variety of level ranges. If not there is going to be a lot of frustrated/disappointed players who find out they can't get X reward because their character is too high of a level and locked out of entering a dungeon that has a required piece.
Well, there are options. Play the quests until they are all located. :) use the ddo points you build up to by useful things. Or take a few days off and let the front wave do their thing. It's an incentive to play content, and a reasonable one that we have options to control how if affects our hc experience.

Gildanara

So, I have some theories, like you all do... So far, it is Free to Play adventures, with a relatively dangerous optional that most people skip but has a chest for the treasure piece to drop inside. I was able to guess the Pit and Mired before people confirmed them -- another guess is Red Fens, Into the Deep, the optional after the adventure is finished. That sort of fits the pattern, but I don't know of anyone who has run it yet (I am still low level alive).

So, the optimal spread for placing these treasure items throughout the questlines would be for quests levels: 1 (Sacrifices), 4 (unk), 7 (The Pit), 10 (unk), 13 (Mired in Kobolds), 16 (unk), and 19 (unk). So far, the pattern fits, but that would mean adventure in the gaps that have not yet been discovered.

Of course, it could be across the run to level 30 or 32 which could be 1, 7, 13, 19, 25, 31... but that runs out of options if the gap stays consistent between adventure levels.

Anyone else?

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
I'm just calling it right now... I expect to find a piece in In the Demon's Den and Brothers of the Forge.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I mentioned this in Blue’s thread:
Check underwater swim zombie chest in Waterworks quest—that is your level 4

The level 10 will be in Hiding in Plain Sight (cute, right?); probably behind that secret door in the first section where a bunch of mobs await you

Level 16 ftp is clearly Acid Wit—end opt probably when the special assault opens up

Spook

Waterworks underwater was mentioned in guild chat yesterday I would be surprised if noone checked it yet.

TeamScorpioRI

Kill 10 Rats in Sharn has the optional battle just after the Bullywogs camp... could be a higher level option as well (and out of the way)