Hardcore 8 Dragon Hoard Super Thread and FAQ

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
My guess is there is one at each level. 20 total.

I like the thinking, but so far folks have managed to clear out level 2 and 3 without finding one. Cleared out quests anyway, adventure areas are technically still on the table.

However, this method of tracking admittedly isn't perfect and I'm putting a lot of trust in folks. So its not impossible some options may of been missed.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
One question I now have is if there any difference between the heroic and epic hoard items.

I assume no, but if anyone who has managed to get both yet, let us know. Thanks.

Rathy

Great list! That lack of chests in levels 2 through 5 is interesting! And since the possible locations expanded outside free content; a guess:

The Chronoscope raid. Complete either of the two optional there (quick wiki check = "rescue defenders" & "reduce air mobs") for an extra chest at end. 'Easy', low level raid that references a classical special event.

Anyway, thanks for the table and edits!

Homepage

So lv8 chest still havent find out.
Guess:
XC 3 chest(maybe green key)
Von1 hidden chest (after kill boss, the opt key)
Karroma cave, chest under slay undead. (Or the highest one which need gold key.

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
Seeing some reports of folks having an issue with getting hoard items from casual versions of the golden chests from Sacrifices. Currently seems to not be a 100% drop chance as normal+ is. Unknown if that's intended or how wide spread it is. If anyone has any more concrete info, let us know.

Thanks

kristii

I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't a gold chest in Partycrashers. There are 5 optional chests in there that are there every time and no one ever does them. My money is on the "Kill Inkrakos" opt (Red Abishai accessed using Contraband Vault Key.

Also, Housekeeping may have one for helping all 4 initiates, since that's a bonus chest given for an opt.

Last: Black and Blue - the underwater chest.

Kiany

Just a hunch here but I would doubt they'd double up on the adventure packs having a gold chest. So we found the one in the desert, gh, fey,red fens.... so I'd think those are done and can move on. Obviously that's speculation. If that's true though, then we are missing ones from things like the necro, von, and other major packs.

kristii

Also, I do have one theory. As some other people have stated, this is starting to look too easy to gain a reward that's taken 5K favor in the past. Looking at the reward list, it looks like there are 3 things missing as compared to other seasons: a cosmetic helm, the footprints cosmetic, and a mount. Cordovan said during his live stream that he wasn't showing us all of the rewards. I think turning in the first 7 pieces will get you a cosmetic helm, and the footprints will come at a higher tier. There may be a mount too, but it's hard to say. In the past, there's only been 2 tiers of rewards, so I kind of doubt it.

Mr Blue

March 2006
Also, I do have one theory. As some other people have stated, this is starting to look too easy to gain a reward that's taken 5K favor in the past. Looking at the reward list, it looks like there are 3 things missing as compared to other seasons: a cosmetic helm, the footprints cosmetic, and a mount. Cordovan said during his live stream that he wasn't showing us all of the rewards. I think turning in the first 7 pieces will get you a cosmetic helm, and the footprints will come at a higher tier. There may be a mount too, but it's hard to say. In the past, there's only been 2 tiers of rewards, so I kind of doubt it.
Who can say with the event being broken. Until the turn in guy is back all we can do is guess. Last I heard is he might be back sometime next week.

Why is it when a bug benefits the players, they find a way to fix it quickly, but when a bug breaks an entire event/server it's fine to let it sit for a week?

Also, if something is broken (like the guy that give hints and discloses rewards), why can't SSG step up and at least post the information we would have if it was working?

kristii

Who can say with the event being broken. Until the turn in guy is back all we can do is guess. Last I heard is he might be back sometime next week.

Why is it when a bug benefits the players, they find a way to fix it quickly, but when a bug breaks an entire event/server it's fine to let it sit for a week?

Also, if something is broken (like the guy that give hints and discloses rewards), why can't SSG step up and at least post the information we would have if it was working?
My guess is they're monitoring these forums and actually enjoying seeing us puzzle it out and give our theories. Comparing it to P&P, they're like the DM hiding behind his screen, watching the players as they try to figure out his game.

Mr Blue

March 2006
My guess is they're monitoring these forums and actually enjoying seeing us puzzle it out and give our theories. Comparing it to P&P, they're like the DM hiding behind his screen, watching the players as they try to figure out his game.
Which would be great but the "DM" is broken and not giving the proper responses when we earn them. By now, we should know what you get when you turn in 7 pieces and if there is another tier for more pieces.

NomadDog

DDO Hawaiian Style!
Just a hunch here but I would doubt they'd double up on the adventure packs having a gold chest. So we found the one in the desert, gh, fey,red fens.... so I'd think those are done and can move on. Obviously that's speculation. If that's true though, then we are missing ones from things like the necro, von, and other major packs.
I'm going to venture to say that the Level 11 chest is going to be in Tomb of the Tormented, the chest being the one inside the rat maze.

Kiany

I'm going to venture to say that the Level 11 chest is going to be in Tomb of the Tormented, the chest being the one inside the rat maze.
I was thinking a shield chest in necro 4 but you might be onto something with tormented lol

Cashery

I'm betting the Lvl 8 quest is Shadow Knight.. The optional swimming path with the invisible stalker at the end...

HigherAngel

Xorian Cipher
Soul Survivor
Forbidden Temple
Prey on the Hunter
Kill 10 Rats
Dread Sea Scrolls
Gianthold Tor Strimtom did them live on stream and none of the optional dragons had a golden chest
Order in the Court
Terminal Delirium
House of Pain
Monetary of the Scorpion
Weapon Shipment
Another one you can cross off ;)