Hardcore 8 Dragon Hoard Super Thread and FAQ

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I finished checking base 4's (except proof which was already checked on your list), so a few more I think are chest free (*subject to human error).

Matuse

The one that terrifies me is the "fight all the waves" optional in Ghosts of Perdition. That's the worst optional in the entire game on regular servers...in Hardcore? No chance.

Skenjin

The one that terrifies me is the "fight all the waves" optional in Ghosts of Perdition. That's the worst optional in the entire game on regular servers...in Hardcore? No chance.
Is it possible to become immune to the stat damage he does?

Dvinesword

Seeing some reports of folks having an issue with getting hoard items from casual versions of the golden chests from Sacrifices. Currently seems to not be a 100% drop chance as normal+ is. Unknown if that's intended or how wide spread it is. If anyone has any more concrete info, let us know.

Thanks
We did some pretty extensive tests running sacrifices on both casual and normal several times in a row with a party of 4 it seems that casual has about a 50% drop rate and normal has a 100%

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
thankyou so much for the info, very appreciated.
question ~ are each of these pieces looking different in appearance? Any duplicates at all?
Wondering if there are pics of each and how they look, as it did state in hall of heroes only 7 to turn in.
Unless there will be a surprise for handing all of them.
I'm a tad surprised they did not do a hotfix on Friday for the hints we would have gotten from the HC npc..

so to confirm, ty @rabidfox for confirmation on base quests, you did check lvl 2's and 3's and are there none lvl 4 either?
again, thankyou for checking all :giggle:

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
so to confirm, ty @rabidfox for confirmation on base quests, you did check lvl 2's and 3's and are there none lvl 4 either?
again, thankyou for checking all :giggle:
I've done all base 1, 2, 3, and 4 quests so far and found nothing new. Been pretty thorough checking optionals, known chest locations, and all the nooks & crannies incase they added a new chest (like the Feywild unicorn chest). Now that I'm on base 5's I've changed tactics to only do "heroic only" quests. Have done all but necro 1 stuff so far with no chests (any quests with epic/legendary versions not checked). I'm only human so it's possible something could slip thru the cracks of checking but I likely covered all the quests well.

PraetorPlato

I think at least one person thoroughly checking+the stochastic masses are very likely to turn up any optionals that have it. Thank you for your work rabidfox!! It seems like the next chest is likely not before level 8.