Hey Tonquin!

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Hey Tonquinn,

The epic feats that grant the spells ruin and greater ruin are not affected by any form of spell cool-down reduction, my understanding is all of these work like spells as in they are affected by spell cost reduction bonuses and do not benefit from metamagic feats for free alltough they do not seem to be affected by spell cool-down reduction. Is this WAI or a bug? I have not tested with bogw, hellball and arcane pulse but these might be in the same bracket.
The DDO wiki lists all of these abilities as spells. So it seems logical they would all be treated as such.

Did some test runs in grim and barret and daunting roar does not work with energy vortex.
Curious if this bug also affects:
- Burst of Glacial Wrath
- Arcane Pulse
- Spirit Blades
- Hellball
- Forced Escape

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Another one that idk if it would be something in your wheelhouse or more for Steelstar, but on my caster arti warforged male, the strinati hand cannon seems to be firing weird ( this is my first time using runearms since the change was made to them a bit ago) as does the acid shot of my corruption of nature. The strinati cannon is weird because if I target say a sarcophagus, it will fire and aim down to the ground in front of it, the same goes for other targets and I often find myself having to jump before shooting each shot to make sure it does not collide with the ground, did the size of it get inflated so now it will touch anything in its path and explode or something? As for the acid shot with the corruption of nature, the projectiles trajectory feels bad, not sure if it was any different before the update to runearms, I can fire a tier 4 charge and only two shots will ever hit the enemy because they don't home very well and since the shots strength was adjusted to consider how many projectiles get fired, that isn't very much damage, would appreciate a more violent homing and/or the initial spread of the shot to be narrower so they don't have to curve as much to hit.
This has been extensively covered in this 6 month old thread, with no fix in sight.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I got a couple things I noticed, first is that since the destiny change, my magus cold/neg aura no longer transfers to my summons ( at least the golem ones from the magus tree).
If you could test other summons (both from the tree and not-from-the-tree) that's be useful info.

"Share the Light" (=summons' aura) also has the following bug:
If you combine "Chill Aura" and "Share the Light" (Magus of the Eclipse) things don't work correctly: Chill Aura states that if an enemy would heal from the effect they do not take the damage (and as such don't heal). This works correctly for the player's Chill Aura, but for summons and pets the "shared" Chill Aura does still "damage" (i.e. heal) enemies that heal from negative or cold damage.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Razorclaw Shifter - racial enhancement tree - Pounce: the animation is wicked cool, but there's some type of glitch as when you land there are a few seconds of immobility and no actions can be taken.
Confirmed. After using Pounce, for 1 full second you can still move, but you cannot take any actions, and no animations of any kind can occur, including the walking animation (resulting in you floating around for the duration of that second). Please remove this 1sec pause, so that the ability behaves like Spring Attack.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Typo in rank 2 of Dragonlord's "Might in Order" (other ranks are fine):

qYfdszW.png

Also, both Dragonlord trances are supposed to restore 1 charge when you use Trip, Improved Trip, Sunder, Improved Sunder, Stunning Blow, or Dragon's Roar (as per the patch notes). However, the in game tooltip for both trances only mentions Dragon's Roar as the only thing that restores charges, and that is how it's currently implemented in game (the tactical attacks don't restore charges). Is this intended?

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Great Markmansship, is this supposed to stack with accuracy, damage, etc? Past posts say yes. But it doesn't reflect any change on the to hit section of the inventory drop down panel?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Great Markmansship, is this supposed to stack with accuracy, damage, etc? Past posts say yes. But it doesn't reflect any change on the to hit section of the inventory drop down panel?
Go to the plus tab>ranged>ranged attack bonus & ranged damage bonus to see those numbers. That item gives stats to a different effects channel that doesn't display in other areas; they just added the display to the plus tab so people could see them with a recent update.

Lazuli

Hmm... i see "Save: Fortitude" on DDO version PW:KIll... i think it's bug and must be fixed.
Good catch1

Or it is an error in the tooltip, or an error in the spell's coding. Power words should not have salve. The other power words do not have it.

Last edited:

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
they just added the display to the plus tab so people could see them with a recent update.
Aha! Also just figured out that the inventory panel must be closed and reopened, then all the bonus to hit is displayed on the drop down panel. For some reason the legendary ring of unnatural accuracy when equipped doesn't auto update the panel. (Closing and reopening the dropdown panel by itself also updates the to hit.)

Edit: And now it is autoupdating without me having to close and reopen. DDO. shrug. If I just left the ranged Chaos bow equipped, it doesn't autoupdate. But when I switched to a quarterstaff, swapped out/in the ring, then switched back to the bow... Then it autoupdates upon ring swap. Weird.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Stuck point in the Wactherhouse between the torch and the wall.

(Standard): You are on server 31 at r2 lx656 ly40 i2049 cInside ox-140.21 oy-25.88 oz-246.56 h161.7. Game timestamp 564595934.666.
(Standard): Q:0x7002E83D

DeathTitan

orchid blossom dealing 10x more damage than dragon breath on my fire specced warlock caster who does't have any melee/ranged power.
There is clearly a huge balance issue.

duXyejO.png

Last edited:

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
Hey Tonquin, I've found a bug.

Newly introduced "Tell" button to guild members (or maybe it's old?) - says "(Error): No member selected."
It works well on members that were logged in at the time of my character logging, but newly logged in (or relogged in meantime) produces error.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Also this seemed odd but I was buffing us with Protection from Elements which says Friend/Self but while it would cast fine on me it would say IMMUNE if I tried to cast it on anyone else such as hubby, hirelings, etc. and they were definitely not getting buffed with it.
I do have Weathering the Elements, the third core of Primal Avatar on that character and I'm wondering if that somehow is bugging the spell for casting on friends. I'm sure it was working fine before the update but now its not.
Confirmed bugged.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
The bug here is that NPC allies shouldn't be able to be targeted by Death Salve, as the enhancement clearly says it has no effect on them.
There's actually an entirely different issue at play here it looks like.

Death Salve limitation is that NPC allies can not be targeted if they already take full healing from Negative Energy, so it's absolutely possible to use it on Hirelings and NPCs, so long as they're not Undead or Undead like already.

However, I had a quick test of this, and Death Salve works flawlessly on a Barbarian Dwarf player, Scarecrow Hireling, Shield Guardian Hireling, and the Satyr Hireling. However, Teal, takes Negative damage from this instead, although at a reduced rate. Suggesting that the issue is more unique unto Teal.

I haven't been able to locate an enemy that can cast consistently cast a negative damage spell to see if Teal might be actually starting off with a negative modifier to Negative Energy damage already and thus when Death Salve is being used, it might only enable the targetting for Negative Spells for healing, but because thier total Negative Absorption is no longer 100% Absoprtion due to Absorption adjustments (or possibly it was terrible intially the the adjustment from Death Salve wasn't enough to boost it up, or if it doesn't consider a Dinosaur to be elegible code wise for the healing to be adjusted, so it becomes instead 0 base - Absorption reduction from Barbarian making it lower than 0), it might have ended up causing them to be targetable for Negative Spells but it'll only do damage as normal instead. Will need further testing on this front once I can find a reliable enemy to cast Inflict Wounds or Enervation/Energy Drain.

J1NG

TUF_rpg

There's actually an entirely different issue at play here it looks like.

Death Salve limitation is that NPC allies can not be targeted if they already take full healing from Negative Energy, so it's absolutely possible to use it on Hirelings and NPCs, so long as they're not Undead or Undead like already.

However, I had a quick test of this, and Death Salve works flawlessly on a Barbarian Dwarf player, Scarecrow Hireling, Shield Guardian Hireling, and the Satyr Hireling. However, Teal, takes Negative damage from this instead, although at a reduced rate. Suggesting that the issue is more unique unto Teal.

I haven't been able to locate an enemy that can cast consistently cast a negative damage spell to see if Teal might be actually starting off with a negative modifier to Negative Energy damage already and thus when Death Salve is being used, it might only enable the targetting for Negative Spells for healing, but because thier total Negative Absorption is no longer 100% Absoprtion due to Absorption adjustments (or possibly it was terrible intially the the adjustment from Death Salve wasn't enough to boost it up, or if it doesn't consider a Dinosaur to be elegible code wise for the healing to be adjusted, so it becomes instead 0 base - Absorption reduction from Barbarian making it lower than 0), it might have ended up causing them to be targetable for Negative Spells but it'll only do damage as normal instead. Will need further testing on this front once I can find a reliable enemy to cast Inflict Wounds or Enervation/Energy Drain.

J1NG
yup this lines up with what I see thank you.