How does Wizards kill bosses and other monsters that can't be killed by insta kill?

BiggerTrolls

You'll zerg infinitely faster on a team with melee dps and raid slogs

I get quite alot on an Alch not great but it works better then any other options

Now that reborn got gutted trying to maximize every source of heal amp i can find too i stack enough it will work again
To pin the wizards issue with damage in solo reapers on one thing. My tardMonk uses adrenaline, that's why it works, caster wizard doesnt really have that option. Yes, my caster damage build requires adrenaline, because adrenaline works(75% of the time). The melee epic strike works in epics, as a solution for epics. Melee works when wizard damage lags behind to the point of it being a sick joke.

Lazuli

There massively over performing right now and probably wai

They should combo nicely with ruins
No, it's not wai, but the devs so far haven't known that they have dual or even triple scaling. Now they should know, although we will see - many times they do not read the forums.

Lazuli

To pin the wizards issue with damage in solo reapers on one thing. My tardMonk uses adrenaline, that's why it works, caster wizard doesnt really have that option. Yes, my caster damage build requires adrenaline, because adrenaline works(75% of the time). The melee epic strike works in epics, as a solution for epics. Melee works when wizard damage lags behind to the point of it being a sick joke.
The melees are currently very pampered and the casters are very nerfed. Weapon damage is currently much better than spell damage. That is not debatable, it is reality, and at some point the devs will probably overnerf the melees, because it is their way of acting.

Currently it doesn't make much sense to go for spell damage if you like melees. Some of us want to continue with the classes we had before (I always say I have alts to play different styles, I don't need the devs to force me to TR outside of a class), and the devs' favoritism is like a giant middle finger in our direction.

Lazuli

As i promised.

Enhancements:
uZzDQ4c.jpeg

EDs:
This is my favourite setup:
dPiwKfH.jpeg

I use this when I need more mobility (wings):
9H6qoNY.jpeg

(sorry, I use an old screenshot, I don't feel like deleting the EDs now)

As u want, some ruins damage on r8. I've had a horrible run with 7 dooms. I was already starting to think that they were on sale and that's why there were so many of them xd. But on the bright side, that has allowed for screenshots of the damage against them.

Vs Red boss:
8ISh9z5.jpeg

2LfMeRB.jpeg

1BYEYcC.jpeg

vs Doom:
eAry0Ya.jpeg

yphLWqf.jpeg

TnmmlYV.jpeg

Vs CCed miniboss:
6Nisx94.jpeg

As you can see, they are not high damages. It's a wizard, not a nuker, and even the spell damage of a nuker nowadays pales in comparison to a melee. But it allows you to finish the quest.

DBZ

Nice cc numbers what force club are you using peril pack adq green blade alchemical off hand tovens hammer or other

Lazuli

Nice cc numbers what force club are you using peril pack adq green blade alchemical off hand tovens hammer or other
For force, winter ring for equipment impulse but insightful and quality is universal spellpower. insightful crit augment. Force crit damage in a dino item. That quest is easy, I didn't use impact and universal spellpower pots either.

Anyway, I don't include equipment because it's a little outdated. It could be improved (but I don't plan to do it when everything will surely change with the increase in the cap).

Last edited:

Lazuli

Plz!
The final 4 points of Archmage you traded for what?
what final 4 points? I have taken from the archamge what I want: crit, reduction in the cost of metamagic, increase in the DC of two schools, arcane supremacy, spell pen, and the two MCL. I prefer the PM capstone, it's nice self-healing

DBZ

Are you using multiple debuffs with your death auras or is that too much micro manage these days

Read some of those got nerfed can't remember which

RobShow

what final 4 points? I have taken from the archamge what I want: crit, reduction in the cost of metamagic, increase in the DC of two schools, arcane supremacy, spell pen, and the two MCL. I prefer the PM capstone, it's nice self-healing

Master of the Dead still bugged?​

Lazuli

Master of the Dead still bugged?​

It is not bugged, it is that Master of death only noticeably improves neg energy burst. It works on death auras, but all it does is extend their duration by a few seconds (the death aura damage formula makes the increase in CL unnoticeable), and that's not worth it. Basically, Master of death is Master of Negative Energy brust.

I haven't picked it up in a long time. Epic feats are really tight, and I don't feel that Master of death provides enough benefit to invest a valuable feat in it. It's spending a feat to improve a single spell. If you think it's worth it, go ahead. I have never believed it was worth it. There are many feats that I would like to be able to take and I don't have room for them. This is not one of them :(

In my opinion, the Master of... should be destiny feats. They are too weak affecting so few low level spells to be worthwhile as regular feats.

Lazuli

From what I see, none of the screenshots I took from the previous run were under the effects of arcane supremacy. I had to do a ridiculous amount of kiting in this run with so many dooms and a veng with the collaborator boss, it's hard to take screenshots when you're running. When I can play solo with this character again I will try to take screenshots of the damage under arcane supremacy.

magnus2882

It is not bugged, it is that Master of death only noticeably improves neg energy burst. It works on death auras, but all it does is extend their duration by a few seconds (the death aura damage formula makes the increase in CL unnoticeable), and that's not worth it. Basically, Master of death is Master of Negative Energy brust.

I haven't picked it up in a long time. Epic feats are really tight, and I don't feel that Master of death provides enough benefit to invest a valuable feat in it. It's spending a feat to improve a single spell. If you think it's worth it, go ahead. I have never believed it was worth it. There are many feats that I would like to be able to take and I don't have room for them. This is not one of them :(

In my opinion, the Master of... should be destiny feats. They are too weak affecting so few low level spells to be worthwhile as regular feats.

Master of the Dead is indeed still bugged, it has been acknowledged by SteelStar back in 2021:

Larger Issues, No Short-Term Fix Expected:
Reports in this section are part of larger systematic issues; while we'd also like them to be fixed, and will be talking about how and when to work on these, I wouldn't expect a quick fix.

• 4 Combat log for Magus mantle says 10,050% cold and negative absorb, but grants 50%.
  • 49 DDO favor is out of sync with displayed favor and lags behind (old issue)
  • 70 Reincarnation may lose arcane epic past lives. (Don't know if old bug or new due to new arcane life)
    • On this issue, specifically: We don't have reason to believe at this time that U51 introduced a new bug here. There are some longstanding bugs that rarely cause this sort of thing to happen, and a larger portion of the population has been reincarnating with Epic Lives lately. In any event, we have people looking at this.
  • 82 (Design issue, not a bug) Once all Destiny points are allocated, there is no way to view any of the other Destiny content.
  • 94 Historic tome of Fate does not give you a feat that help you track if you have use such a tome or not
  • 108 FotW Fast and Furious tooltip not indicating when available to use due to resets
  • 156 Master of the dead ( Level 24 Feat): Not working at all (some of this is old, auras never scaled past CL 20 for healing amount)
So please stop spreading misinformation Lazuli !

Kimbere

Thanks for your help!
In the meantime I've spent years playing with Wizard EK and I've had a lot of fun, but at the moment I want to play with pure and traditional wizard.
ikr

I want to win the Powerball lottery but don't buy tickets. I don't understand why I never win.

I wanted to win a local autoclub race for Mustang GTs so I brought a Toyota Yaris. I don't know why I came in last place.

I wanted a 20% raise at work but only worked 20 hours per week. I don't know why I didn't get a raise.

Lazuli

Master of the Dead is indeed still bugged, it has been acknowledged by SteelStar back in 2021:

Larger Issues, No Short-Term Fix Expected:
Reports in this section are part of larger systematic issues; while we'd also like them to be fixed, and will be talking about how and when to work on these, I wouldn't expect a quick fix.

• 4 Combat log for Magus mantle says 10,050% cold and negative absorb, but grants 50%.
  • 49 DDO favor is out of sync with displayed favor and lags behind (old issue)
  • 70 Reincarnation may lose arcane epic past lives. (Don't know if old bug or new due to new arcane life)
    • On this issue, specifically: We don't have reason to believe at this time that U51 introduced a new bug here. There are some longstanding bugs that rarely cause this sort of thing to happen, and a larger portion of the population has been reincarnating with Epic Lives lately. In any event, we have people looking at this.
  • 82 (Design issue, not a bug) Once all Destiny points are allocated, there is no way to view any of the other Destiny content.
  • 94 Historic tome of Fate does not give you a feat that help you track if you have use such a tome or not
  • 108 FotW Fast and Furious tooltip not indicating when available to use due to resets
  • 156 Master of the dead ( Level 24 Feat): Not working at all (some of this is old, auras never scaled past CL 20 for healing amount)
So please stop spreading misinformation Lazuli !
As far as I know, the effect of that feat on Death aura is completely irrelevant. The only thing it does (or should do, according to the description) is increase its duration by a couple of seconds, it is not significant. So if in addition to that it is bugged and it doesn't add those extra seconds, there is little difference.

This feat has *never* had a noticeable effect on death aura, if the devs have intended to improve it on anything other than its CL, they have certainly never reflected it in the feat. I don't recommend it because it only affects one spell significantly (NEB), and I don't think spending a feat for a single spell is worth it. I have also said that each person has to assess whether it is worth it or not, perhaps for you an improved NEB does compensate for a feat and that is fine.

I don't see where I have spread misinformation.

Last edited:

Lazuli

Doing a little research, I saw that J1NG wrote thos year that he tested the feat, and it was working, but it only added a few seconds to the duration.

But come on, what does it matter? The thing is whether it's a good choice for a build right now. You can't wait for a fix that may take years or never arrive. If they improve (or fix, I don't care) the feat one day and it has an appreciable effect, then we can discuss whether to use it or not. Right now the feat adds 3 seconds to the duration, nothing more. Decide if it's worth for your build or not.

Last edited:

RobShow

ikr

I want to win the Powerball lottery but don't buy tickets. I don't understand why I never win.

I wanted to win a local autoclub race for Mustang GTs so I brought a Toyota Yaris. I don't know why I came in last place.

I wanted a 20% raise at work but only worked 20 hours per week. I don't know why I didn't get a raise.
I would like for some people to have a higher cognitive ability, not see everything in black and white, and appreciate options and variety, rather than just being obedient zombies who accept everything and blindly follow the herd.

But keep buying your tickets, Mustangs, etc... :)

The Narc

Yeah many of that was nerfed.
Pale master wizard has seen a constant supply of nerfing and loss of function or feats that just dont function, but thats just because SSG hates the palemaster function. It will see more nerfs in the future, because it is not fiscally responsible.