If you encountered a VIP subscription issue with an expansion purchase please post up your ticket number here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
@Cordovan Daily Gold Dice rolls for VIP members??? What about those of us who haven't had access to their VIP for the past MONTH??????

Silence is telling....
As you can see, SSG is a company which just does not care about their customers. It is horrifying to have that realization, but unquestionably true.

You do not matter to SSG!
I do not matter to SSG!
Customers do not matter to SSG!

I should make that my signature...

Justfungus

Still waiting on my missing monthly VIP coin allotment.
I might be spit-balling here but maybe, just maybe you should not 'upgrade' a feature (like the store)
if players never expressed a desire for it to be changed in the first place?
Who knows, that might bring in a bunch of new bugs the game doesn't need.
The old saying is still true. "If it is not broken, don't fix it."

Aztek

Ticket #313573

I did not purchase the new expansion but from yesterday to today have lost all previously purchased upgrades on my account!
Yup I am pretty sure my 3 month subscription just expired without a warning that I usually get daily before it expires. I did not purchase vecna. I have purchased other expansions this year. I'll see if I can re up but it's asking me to become VIP

UPDATE: I was able to "upgrade" to VIP through Steam. But it appears their warning email is also not working at least for me

Last edited:

Kathwynn

It looks like I might have resolved the problem. I did not delete all the files off of my HD. But I will know next month when I get my check.

Ratgin

So just got email from SSG advising my my account is all fixed!

ok well im not sure its fixed but they have now managed to delete the "active sub, no active sub" issue in store and i was finally able to resub

Last edited:

Stormdancer

Heh....I got an email saying that they're "SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION" and offered a refund so I could repurchase my VIP.

Has anyone else received a refund for their VIP and been able to repurchase it without issue?

Grommit9

Does anyone know whats going on? I have had an email over a week ago saying they are sorry for the inconvenience ... etc ... but thats it. Unsure what the next steps are. Any advise?

Mand O'Lin

Does anyone know whats going on? I have had an email over a week ago saying they are sorry for the inconvenience ... etc ... but thats it. Unsure what the next steps are. Any advise?
TVGi0gzefkf8.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dur

Stormdancer

Well, it took them six weeks, but someone finally responded to my ticket with a lick of sense. They refunded me for my VIP subscription and once the refund hit my bank account I was able to go back in and repurchase my VIP. Doesn't make up for six weeks of missing out on things, but...eh....at least I'm fixed. Never should have happened in the first place, nor taken so long to be fixed.
o

Mand O'Lin

Well, it took them six weeks, but someone finally responded to my ticket with a lick of sense. They refunded me for my VIP subscription and once the refund hit my bank account I was able to go back in and repurchase my VIP. Doesn't make up for six weeks of missing out on things, but...eh....at least I'm fixed. Never should have happened in the first place, nor taken so long to be fixed.
o
Congratulations! Hopefully the first of many who need this issue resolved.

You are spot on about the six weeks! It should not take six days to resolve these issues.

We are working to resolve reports that some players have experienced a loss of their VIP subscription benefit after making a purchase of an expansion, and we need some specific cases to help us investigate.

If you ran into this issue after making an expansion purchase, please make sure you have a ticket in with Customer Support and then post your ticket number in this thread as a reply below.

We need to associate these forum reports with game accounts through our help system. Thanks!
Ticket *314893

I recently purchased Vecna. When it came time for my VIP subscription renewal, over a month later, the payment failed. I am unsure if this is indicative of the problem this thread refers to, but I am eager to find a solution. A customer service agent told me to delete all payment methods and reinstall the game and that would fix the problem. Since the advice was received, I have reinstalled the game 3 times and still cannot get the system to accept any of my 3 credit cards. An IT expert told me that the problem probably isn't localized in my system but is most probably an issue with your database. I'm sure you will appreciate the frustration from a loyal customer who has been with you since 2009. I am no longer VIP and am missing out on my free gold rolls, DDO points and a multitude of other benefits. Please find a way to accept my payment, so I can continue as a VIP. If you wish, you could email me your bank details and a reference number, and I would be happy to transfer the funds directly whilst you work on making your payment system a little more customer friendly. I will monitor this thread and look forward to receiving some good news soon.

Kathwynn

Ticket *314893

I recently purchased Vecna. When it came time for my VIP subscription renewal, over a month later, the payment failed. I am unsure if this is indicative of the problem this thread refers to, but I am eager to find a solution. A customer service agent told me to delete all payment methods and reinstall the game and that would fix the problem. Since the advice was received, I have reinstalled the game 3 times and still cannot get the system to accept any of my 3 credit cards. An IT expert told me that the problem probably isn't localized in my system but is most probably an issue with your database. I'm sure you will appreciate the frustration from a loyal customer who has been with you since 2009. I am no longer VIP and am missing out on my free gold rolls, DDO points and a multitude of other benefits. Please find a way to accept my payment, so I can continue as a VIP. If you wish, you could email me your bank details and a reference number, and I would be happy to transfer the funds directly whilst you work on making your payment system a little more customer friendly. I will monitor this thread and look forward to receiving some good news soon.
The way to resolve this is to literally uninstall the game. Make sure all the files on your C drive and in documents folder are deleted. The reinstall the game. Delete your card information and manually put it back in. This worked for my wife. I will know if it worked when I get my retirement check next month. It was a singular pain in the butt to do. All for the sin of buying the newest expansion. SMH

The way to resolve this is to literally uninstall the game. Make sure all the files on your C drive and in documents folder are deleted. The reinstall the game. Delete your card information and manually put it back in. This worked for my wife. I will know if it worked when I get my retirement check next month. It was a singular pain in the butt to do. All for the sin of buying the newest expansion. SMH
Thank you for your response. Yes, I have already done all of that 3 times. The matter is being escalated this week.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have already done all of that 3 times. The matter is being escalated this week.
My letter today to SSG, not that I am expecting any response...

Hi SSG Help,

In lieu of the promised management call back within 5 business days (today is the 5th day), I tried once more to reload the game and follow the payment instructions received from Sir Michael Jones (is he really a British knight or is that just a mistake in his title?). This time I also deleted all DDO related files from my hard drive, as someone had suggested that might also be the problem. When I tried to pay for the 1 year VIP subscription I received the following screen message. Please pass this on to the management will the previous notes, so they have all the information when they eventually decide to contact me.

image.png

Sincerely,

M D (PommieMick)

• Sad

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I wish you all luck in Customer Service land.. :confused:

I swear.. I don't know how SSG manages to break ... oh, I'll bet it's got to do with the fancy (ugly) shiney new store! ..with a million data points to track, I'm sure..

We are working to resolve reports that some players have experienced a loss of their VIP subscription benefit after making a purchase of an expansion, and we need some specific cases to help us investigate.

If you ran into this issue after making an expansion purchase, please make sure you have a ticket in with Customer Support and then post your ticket number in this thread as a reply below.

We need to associate these forum reports with game accounts through our help system. Thanks!
Request ID 316833. Says I'm VIP, Monthly Sub. But when I go to Subscriptions tab, its blank. No VIP benefits in game either. There is no way for me to purchase the Subscription as it stands right now. I checked in-game purchases, it says I bought a Subscription Cancel Renewal. I never did that.

My letter today to SSG, not that I am expecting any response...

Hi SSG Help,

In lieu of the promised management call back within 5 business days (today is the 5th day), I tried once more to reload the game and follow the payment instructions received from Sir Michael Jones (is he really a British knight or is that just a mistake in his title?). This time I also deleted all DDO related files from my hard drive, as someone had suggested that might also be the problem. When I tried to pay for the 1 year VIP subscription I received the following screen message. Please pass this on to the management will the previous notes, so they have all the information when they eventually decide to contact me.

image.png

Sincerely,

M D (PommieMick)
Still no response or update or anything.

• Sad

Mand O'Lin

Still no response or update or anything.
Sadly, this is the status quo with this lot. I've said it before...

As you can see, SSG is a company which just does not care about their customers. It is horrifying to have that realization, but unquestionably true.

You do not matter to SSG!
I do not matter to SSG!
Customers do not matter to SSG!

I should make that my signature...

Status
Not open for further replies.