Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Drakos

Now, XP gems would be good to have something like the old card cruncher BUT they've said no to that too, on the basis that they prefer us not to hold XP gems.
Funny, I have one mule for this specific purpose, holding all my high XP gems. So I guess that their preference is moot. Also, why should they give a frack if we hold on to them or not, as long as we are playing the friggin game to get them? I think it's about time they look at player preferences instead of their own for a change.

irnimnode

Yes, now that it shows on the screen, get rid of the mails. And don't make me miss a reward just because I didn't log in in time.

Not free, you still have to have VIP for it.

For some people it's only "worth it" when they can teleport to every quest, start at level 7 every life and get an ottos box every 3 months. Maybe VIP just isn't for them. It doesn't have to be.
I am a VIP have been for the last 2 years

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I'm surprised there wasn't a change in pricing for 6 months of VIP. There's zero point in buying into 6 months of VIP (59.94) when it's the same monthly price as 3 months of VIP (29.97).
Maybe that's next.. Pretty good reason to throw a little candy out first. 🤣

Sowahh

Looking at the whole thing, it feels like they checked their numbers and the current subscription revenue stream is good enough for them, so they only added the changes to silence the people bashing them for promising the changes to VIP and not delivering any. Now they can safely say "here are the changes we've promised" and hope the subscription numbers will not dive. And I assume they won't - people that previously subbed would probably keep their subscriptions even without the changes, and it might incentivize a few more people for a one-off 500 bonus points or more rewards, so fiscally it'll be a win for them, even if the some part of the player base will be unhappy.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Thread is too long to read; my question is this:

If you do not manually pick up a month's reward, does the "timer" stop? For example if I don't remember to go pick something from the Bag during month 2 of being VIP, will I get the char slot of month 3 when I'd normally be eligible for it?

Spook

Thread is too long to read; my question is this:

If you do not manually pick up a month's reward, does the "timer" stop? For example if I don't remember to go pick something from the Bag during month 2 of being VIP, will I get the char slot of month 3 when I'd normally be eligible for it?
This is very likely as they are probably re-using the year of the dragon tech for delivery.

edit: misread im guessing you would probably lose month 2 reward if you forget to unlock but its all a guess until we see the delivery system

edit2: thinking about it more im probably wrong as each individual could be on a different month so they couldnt remove the perk globally like they do with the year of the dragon

Last edited:

DDO Gaming

I wanted to wait until the new VIP benefits were revealed along with start date etc before subbing again. I'm happy I made the right decision :) (y)

This does not entice me in any way to become a VIP, sorry.
Many gamers won't be overwhelmed however equally...its VIP with additional benefits. So the question is: even if the additional benefits don;t entice you, will you VIP anyway?

Aelonwy

*shrug* The new QoL spell changing is nice but not enough to sub. The other benefits don't matter too much to me. The Nimbus mount is nice, however...

No way I would pay a sub for a full year to access a mount and not OWN it. And NO you don't really OWN it like other mounts if you can ONLY use it while being VIP, just like the VIP extra character slots or shared bank storage. If it isn't accessible when you go back to being Premium, its not really yours. Bjond's right, you'd be paying for the privilege of leasing it.

This is laughable.

Ludicrous. Especially when you've been playing as long as I have and you remember things like subbing for a month and getting the Alabaster Lioness. Permanently, getting a hireling that actually fights with you in quest... for a one month sub. Now you sub for a year and can get access to a new mount for the last month. Unless you keep subbing. Paying for the privilege to lease.

:ROFLMAO:
Quoting myself from another thread because I didn't realize I posted in the unofficial thread. Not that it matters, this is just for discussion amongst players. I really don't think they take our feedback under much consideration anymore.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
So some of these additional VIP benefits are only available to perpetual VIP accounts?
I'd think they apply while you're VIP. So if you stop VIP, you lose access, but if you re-sub, you regain access from where you left off.

Reactions: dur