Introducing: The Underdark Patron's Coffers!

Alrik Fassbauer

Why not "un-bundle" storage space & cosmetics ?
I tend to believe that there are buyer groups for both of them.
On the other hand, buyers wouls feel ... depressed ... if they had to buy bank space separately from the cosmetics because they wouldn't know *where* to store the cosmetics ...
The ideal situation, I guess, would be 3 bundles :
1. only cosmetics
2. only bank space
3. both

I do know that I'm kind of crazy because I'm more of a hoarder, but in my opinion, the "space problem" is - apart from real game bugs and log - still the biggest problem. Mostly because of the lack of special storage space for cosmetics, imho, and the lack of stacks for some items (greensteel shards, for example) and the lack of bags for other items (spell components, inscription components, for example).
But that's only my personal opinion.

Sarlona Raiding

I have no interest in this offer.

- It seems a bit overpriced unless you like every single cosmetic which I do not.
- Something like this should really be offered at the same time as a points sale as I am never going to buy points when not on sale and didn't even know about this upcoming item when considering a point purchase the last time they were on sale.
- As others mentioned it should straddle months as should point sales

I hope the people that buy it get 8k points worth of enjoyment out of it.

One of the best items offered was the intro pack which had a quest pack, permanent hireling, a class earned by favor and some xp potions. Almost everyone I know bought this. Perhaps adding a few more $10 packs like this would be something to consider instead of focusing solely on big ticket items. A bunch of people spending $10 is as good as a small # spending $80. And overall I think offering things that appeal to more people will generate more goodwill and customer satisfaction.

All the best to SSG

Aelonwy

One of the best items offered was the intro pack which had a quest pack, permanent hireling, a class earned by favor and some xp potions. Almost everyone I know bought this. Perhaps adding a few more $10 packs like this would be something to consider instead of focusing solely on big ticket items. A bunch of people spending $10 is as good as a small # spending $80. And overall I think offering things that appeal to more people will generate more goodwill and customer satisfaction.

Excellent suggestion.

Kritikal

I just wonder why SSG chose to support a "Masters of the Universe" themed mount. And please don't say this is Underdark themed. Panther mounts are not in the Underdark. An Underdark mount would have been a Lizard. A better mount would have been to tie into the D&D movie with an Owlbear mount or an Owlbear cosmetic skin for Bear Druids.

Is there a He-man movie coming out? Since we got Panthor with this coffer, are we getting Cringer with Vecna Unleashed?

Just curious.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I just wonder why SSG chose to support a "Masters of the Universe" themed mount. And please don't say this is Underdark themed. Panther mounts are not in the Underdark. An Underdark mount would have been a Lizard. A better mount would have been to tie into the D&D movie with an Owlbear mount or an Owlbear cosmetic skin for Bear Druids.

Is there a He-man movie coming out? Since we got Panthor with this coffer, are we getting Cringer with Vecna Unleashed?

Just curious.
If only we could guess what famous Drow could've been the inspiration for this choice...

87Q9TMj.jpg

Kritikal

If only we could guess what famous Drow could've been the inspiration for this choice...

87Q9TMj.jpg
That's not a mount. That's a companion, and we already have one of those in game. It was probably inspired by that very picture. However, the rest of the Drow rode lizards.

I guess what you're trying to say is that SSG doesn't have any new ideas since they re-take their inspiration here.

Last edited:

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
That's not a mount. That's a companion, and we already have one of those in game. It was probably inspired by that very picture. However, the rest of the Drow rode lizards.

I guess what you're trying to say is that SSG doesn't have any new ideas since they re-take their inspiration here.
Key word is HAD, not have, I want it, but I missed the pre pack and now cant get it. I want the spider mask too...

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Tell you what SSG... Fix the Ravager bugs and I'll buy the top tier of this right away at full price. Mug stickers and all. That, I WILL gladly pay for. Pinkie pwomiss! 😁👍
G'dang it Torc! I gotta buy it now. All them unicorn riders laughing at me behind my back. See what you did! 😲

But I'll know... I'll know... 😉

Buying it tomorrow on login. Mug that I am! 😂👍

So, yeah, thanks! 😁👍

HighLordPudding

What leads you to believe this? This is new bank space, as is each of the "potentially bought" spaces, so in no case should there be an overlap when making a purchase of Character Bank space.
Before getting the expansion I had 1 character bank upgrade I could purchase in the DDO store on my main character. After getting the Superior Coffer on that same main character I have no character bank upgrades available in store.

Yes I did talk to Zeanna in Eberron's Hall of Heroes! and I did do it on my main character. I have logged out and back in and still only have 140 spaces and no available space to buy in the DDO store. I am missing bank space I should have available for purchase. I should be able to buy 1 character bank upgrade in the DDO and have a total of 160 character banks spaces on my main toon.

Yes I did put in a ticket at https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on Sunday, hope to get some resolution soon.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Before getting the expansion I had 1 character bank upgrade I could purchase in the DDO store on my main character. After getting the Superior Coffer on that same main character I have no character bank upgrades available in store.

Yes I did talk to Zeanna in Eberron's Hall of Heroes! and I did do it on my main character. I have logged out and back in and still only have 140 spaces and no available space to buy in the DDO store. I am missing bank space I should have available for purchase.

Yes I did put in a ticket at https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on Sunday, hope to get some resolution soon
Yeah, I did the same. Only got the passed on to qa reply, and that no immediate support could be done.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

BTW (was considering whether to post this and wade into the convo) I recently asked Support to clarify it seems that *In Some Situations* this is quite worth it, if just considering the Panther Mounts, just received confirmation today that Panther Mount in this Underdark Coffer is available to All Servers (so future HardCore servers also I believe since they said the First character you login on any server will get the Panther Mount in your stables for that account and Pet and other cosmetics), whereas they confirmed the other mounts you gotta buy with points is only for the 1 server you purchase it on -- so if you don't have other mounts from expansion packs or from some events already (so that's why *In Some Situations* this makes sense.

If just taking the usual Fast Mounts they cost like 1,995 DDO points and multiple that by 8 regular servers (not including every Hardcore server in the future) is already 15,960 . sometimes the sales for mounts comes by for 25-30% off but rarely more than that so that comes out to like 11,172 points at the 30% off but if u do that you have to buy a Fast Horse on every new Hardcore server...however if you have other mounts already or don't mind farming the non-Fast Horse (which admittedly doesn't take super long time, but still kinda annoying) then *In Some Situations* this comes out ahead.

And then of course there's the other stuff such as shared bank and character bank space (albeit for 1 character only)

Alrik Fassbauer

I posted this over on the u60 lam forums but figure I should put it here too for anyone thinking about buying. Here's the dance for the mount coming with u60.
Reminds me somewhat of the marching elephants parade in the Disney Jungle Book movie, the old animated one.

Besides, will we get a Feywild supporter pack, too ? :whistle:

Or ... Maybe one for each of the Five Nations ? ;) Eberron lore ... ;)