We are curious to get your thoughts!

Merovinjio

Come on SSG !! Dragonlance ??! it's the only great choice.

anyway, a new expansion of Ravenloft wouldn't be bad.. but that Frankie's one.. is the only good possibility ?

Whatever you'll choose remember to add the good amount of Atmosphere to the game, that's the most important thing.
I trust you.

have a good work

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Yep I really hope they go for Planescape. Sigil could be a very cool place.

Dragonlance... I would not be as excited for this as any of the others.

That being said I think the fact that they are contemplating adding more settings is great and this should, in my opinion, be what we push for, because with each setting comes the potential for a ton of new content even if we have only been to Ravenloft once for example. Planescape could open up Githyanki and Githzerai as playable races, and they could even bring in psionic through this method as both of those races have potential for monk/psionic synergy.

Merovinjio

Planescape could open up Githyanki and Githzerai as playable races, and they could even bring in psionic through this method as both of those races have potential for monk/psionic synergy.
a new kind of monk (and have the excuse to fix the original monk too) would be AWESOME.

Dergex

Neverwinter and Waterdeep would be amazing fun. I think it would also be great to check out places in Darksun, Dragonlance, and even Spelljammer!

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
<3

Whatever you guys are most inspired by. Passion makes product.
I just hope it wont work the same like at Maximum Overdrive. Asking the playerbase about anything only matters if they took our answers and needs seriously.

I support every new content if it brings new atmosphere, new storyline, new mechanics, new races, new ench trees, new enemies and new experiences to us

Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

I just hope it wont work the same like at Maximum Overdrive. Asking the playerbase about anything only matters if they took our answers and needs seriously.

I support every new content if it brings new atmosphere, new storyline, new mechanics, new races, new ench trees, new enemies and new experiences to us

Ya I wasn't a fan at all of the new ED. To me it seemed underpowered, narrow (i.e., usable by very few builds), and unoriginal (i.e., no interesting new effects). Ideally a new destiny has enough interesting abilities (and damage or healing/utility) that even on a spec that wouldn't seem to work it can function well. Not being interested in running a caster damage arti in the arti destiny made me pretty bummed. Rune arms need a whole pass to make them a competitive source of damage that isn't tied so closely to artificer IMO.

If Steel is excited by the spec, then good. Someone else should be excited then. I just wish the focus wasn't so narrow.

Goldy

The Top Side
Fill out this survey on SurveyMonkey today! We'll take responses through August 4th.
Dropping some thoughts here, in a less than organized manner.

I do not believe you are casting a wide enough net to truly check the temperature in the room.

If you are looking at ideas for future expansions or adventure packs or bringing existing content to DDO you are not framing the question properly. People will be reading too much into what you are asking.

• Mines of Phandelver is an introductory module designed with teaching new DMs the art of DMing. It is set in the Sword Coast south of Neverwinter, near where Saltmarsh is set in 5E.
  • Myth Drannor originally published as a box set in 1993, and site of several other Modules, a ccg, and three video games. The problem here is Magic and how Magic Works requiring several special rules for DMs and monitoring.
  • Lamordia, a Germanic Ravenloft. (At least that is how I remember it.)
  • Sigil, hey isn't there a new Planescape book coming?
  • Droam, Monster neighbors
  • Astral Plane, Oh My.
I can see the attraction to Mines of Phandelver for the Development team. It sort of brings players to the Sword Coast, another entry leavel adventure area, but I got to say it won't work as a Legendary Content.
What does Sigil bring to the game that could not already be brought to the game in Eberron?
Why Droam, why not the Mournland? A Raid with the Becoming God.
Astral Plane, well I just going to say no.
Why no Krynn, beyond the obvious cost of licensing? I supposed this could be on the list of don't even ask us from WotC.
Why not Spelljammer, I mean Dragon Rock (cough Bral) set in the Tears of Selune would have great potential.

For those not reading the WotC regular comments IPs not in the current print (Greyhawk, Mystara, Dark Sun) are not current available to license.

When build an expansion, you need to excite the exiting playerbase, bring former players back into the fold, and have the potential to attract new players. Out of the list Myth Drannor has the most potential, however it is not what I would recommend.

To get the biggest bang for you buck I would suggest an expansion to the planes of Eberron.

1. Rework the Devils of Shavarath as an Epic and Legendary Adventure Pack
  2. Rework the Trials of the Archon as an Epic and Legendary Adventure Pack.
  3. Rework the Battleground Wilderness Adventure Area into a much larger map encompassing all three regions of Shavarath
  4. New Adventure Pack for the Demons of Shavarath with an Epic and Legendary Version
  5. Rework Tower of Dispair into a Legendary Raid.
  6. New Raid Adventure Area set in the region around the Ash Tower, Mournland, with the eternal war of the Shavarath coming to Eberron as the three warring parties attempt to take control of the Shavarath Manifest zone. Throw in the Becoming God and you have yourself a great opportunity.